Tomato Puzata Hata will surprise you with fruits of an unusual ribbed shape
Lovers of varieties with exotic fruits and small farmers should pay attention to the Puzata Hata tomato. It is appreciated for its yield, good taste, and high commercial quality. Tomatoes are expensive on the fresh market, are in consistently high demand, and can be grown in open and protected ground.
Tomato Puzata Hata on close acquaintance
The variety appeared thanks to the breeders of the agrofirm “Aelita”, the year of inclusion in the State Register – 2013.
Tomato Puzata Khata is suitable for growing throughout Russia:
- in the south – in the open field;
- in the middle lane and cooler regions – in greenhouses.
Plant indeterminate, potentially with unlimited vigor.
But gardeners note that shoots usually slow down development, reaching:
- 1.5-1.6 m in the garden;
- 1.7-1.8 m in the greenhouse;
- up to 2 m with high agricultural technology in protected ground.
Tomato Puzata Khata forms a powerful stem and long fruit clusters containing about 5 ovaries. But during the ripening period, the bush does not withstand the load of the crop, without a garter it lies on the ground or breaks.
The variety has an average number of leaves, they are dark green, with not too large, widely spaced lobes. The bush is not shaded, the ovaries are well lit.
Characteristics of the fruits of the tomato Puzata Hata
Tomatoes have an original look, the shape can change depending on external conditions, which is what even the originator of the variety, the Aelita firm, draws on..
Usually the fruit:
- look like pears;
- with deep vertical constrictions (ribbed);
- taper towards the tail;
- expand at the nose.
But Puzata Hata tomatoes can be:
- more or less round;
- constrictions sometimes become mild.
What doesn’t change in tomatoes is:
- sweet, practically sour taste;
- Red color;
- dense, fleshy, pulp;
- granular tomatoes on the break;
- strong peel – even breaking off the bush and falling to the ground, the fruits do not burst;
- tomatoes can be picked brown, they ripen well during storage;
- keeping quality, transportability without loss of commercial and consumer qualities are very high.
Fruit size depends on many factors.:
- the intensity of dressing;
- bush formation;
- whether the brushes are normalized;
- weather conditions.
Usually the weight of Puzata Khat litter tomatoes is 200-300 g. To enlarge the fruits, you need to normalize the ovaries. It is possible to reduce the size in order to preserve the whole original form of tomatoes, if you keep the bush not in 1-2, but leave 3-4 trunks, do not pluck out the “extra” fruits and flower brushes.
The variety is suitable:
- for fresh consumption;
- preparation of winter and summer salads;
- vegetable cuts;
- pasta, sauces or ketchup;
- tomato juice is thick and sweet.
Fruiting and productivity
This is an early variety with extended fruiting. From pecking of tomato seeds Puzata Khata to the first harvest takes 103-110 days.
The last tomatoes are removed:
- in the open field – when the bushes will fall from freezing;
- together with harvesting plant residues from greenhouses.
For the Puzata Khat tomato, the yield depends on the place of cultivation. Collect from a square meter:
- up to 9 kg in vegetable gardens;
- about 11 kg – in protected ground.
If you grow Puzata Khatu on the street in the Central lane or more northern regions, it will ripen in the middle. The tomato is sensitive to the amount and intensity of sunlight, total daytime temperatures.
How to grow a tomato Puzata Khata
For planting in a greenhouse, seeds are sown in the first half of March. At the stage of 1-2 true leaves – a pick must be carried out.
Placed in a permanent place:
- when the soil warms up to 15 ° C – to the garden;
- at least up to 10 ° С – to the greenhouse.
Planting scheme – 60×50 cm, no more than 3 plants per 1 sq. m.The tomato is immediately tied up, lead in 1-2 trunks.
The formation of bushes is of great importance for obtaining the crop variety declared in the description.:
- for the second shoot, a strong stepson is taken under the first fruit brush;
- pluck out the rest of the lateral processes as early as possible;
- remove the leaves under the tomatoes that have begun to pour;
- blind shoots a month and a half before the expected end of the season.
You can get especially large fruits, the mass of which reaches 600-800 g. For this, you need to leave only 3-4 lower brushes on the plant, and pinch the tips of the fruit twigs so that each contains 2 tomatoes.
Fertilizing with mineral fertilizers is done at least 5 times:
- a starting top dressing is placed in the holes and mixed with the soil;
- about 2 weeks after planting – a mineral complex with a predominance of nitrogen;
- during mass flowering – phosphorus, potassium plus trace elements, nitrogen must be present necessarily, but in small doses;
- during the formation of the first fruits;
- when the lower brushes start to pour.
Tomato Puzata Khata needs to be additionally fed with calcium, otherwise top rot is possible, despite the fact that the fruits are not elongated.
The beds are watered regularly. Puzata Hata tomatoes are not prone to cracking, but uneven irrigation can cause even tough skin to burst..
The variety is considered disease resistant. But, if other nightshade crops are infected on the site or in the greenhouse, Puzata Khata will also get sick, only later. Preventive treatments must be done without fail, start – even at the seedling stage.
Advantages and disadvantages of the variety
The variety was liked by private owners and small farmers. They celebrate these benefits:
- the original shape of the tomatoes;
- sweet taste;
- strong peel;
- resistance to diseases, including late blight;
- can be grown in open or protected ground;
- early maturity;
- extended fruiting;
- the ability to adjust the size of the fruit;
- universal use;
- keeping quality;
- tomatoes ripen well during storage.
Disadvantages of the Puzata Khata variety:
- bushes need to be tied up and shaped;
- exactingness to watering and feeding;
- with a calcium deficiency, top rot is possible;
- despite the resistance to disease, preventive treatments are needed;
- in the open field of cool regions, the first fruits ripen in the middle, not early periods.
Not everyone likes the almost complete absence of acidity, but this is a matter of taste..
Tomato Puzata Hata is one of the best domestic large-fruited indeterminate varieties. Bushes require garters, shaping, regular feeding and watering. Tomatoes are very sweet, original shape, early fruiting, extended until autumn.