How the healing properties of aniseed lofant are used in folk medicine
Lofant is a herbaceous plant with a pleasant mint scent and lush white or purple flowers. The healing properties of aniseed lofant are known in oriental medicine, due to which it is widely used for the treatment and prevention of many diseases, not inferior in useful qualities to ginseng.
Lofant, also known as licorice mint or aniseed hyssop, is a perennial plant in the Lamiaceae family..
The main features of the lofant:
- the plant reaches 80-100 cm in height;
- spike-shaped inflorescences, white, orange, blue or lilac, depending on the variety;
- leaves are oblong and oval, with jagged edges, up to 8-10 cm long and up to 5 cm wide;
- after the end of flowering, a fruit is formed that resembles an oblong brown nut.
There are more than 28 varieties of lofant, among which the most common and useful are aniseed, Tibetan and barbera lofant.
Due to its numerous medicinal properties, anise lofant is widely used not only in cosmetology and cooking, but also in alternative medicine..
Biochemical composition of aniseed lofant
A large number of medicinal properties of aniseed lofant are due to its rich biochemical composition. This plant consists of 15-20% essential oils – this is the reason for the rich mint-aniseed aroma of the lofant. For medicinal purposes, the leaves and stems of the plant are used..
The herb contains:
- vitamins of group A and C;
- micro- and macroelements – potassium, calcium, sodium, magnesium, iron, zinc, iodine;
- organic acids – malic, chlorogenic, caffeic, citric, gallic;
- linalool and camphene;
A feature of aniseed lofant is that useful biologically active components are preserved in decoctions, teas and infusions and after heat treatment of the plant..
The healing properties of aniseed lofant
The beneficial properties and contraindications of aniseed lofant have long been known in alternative medicine. This plant has a pronounced tonic, tonic, anti-inflammatory and sedative effect..
Useful properties of aniseed lofant:
- strengthens the body’s immune defenses;
- stimulates brain activity, improves memory and thinking;
- activates metabolism;
- restores the work of the organs of the gastrointestinal tract after food or alcohol intoxication;
- improves the functioning of the nervous system and reduces the negative effects of stress;
- normalizes blood pressure, the lofant is especially useful for hypertension;
- improves tone and performance, relieves chronic fatigue;
- prevents the development of atherosclerosis;
- reduces swelling;
- accelerates the recovery of the body after childbirth, illness and surgery;
- improves skin condition, fights rashes and has a rejuvenating effect.
The use of aniseed lofant is especially useful for residents of regions with a polluted ecological environment. Decoctions and infusions of this plant will help protect the body from the aggressive effects of external factors, accelerate the elimination of toxins, toxic compounds, radionuclides and salts of heavy metals.
Contraindications and possible harm
Anise Lofant is a plant with many beneficial properties, but it also has several restrictions on its use..
The main contraindications for aniseed lofant:
- all trimesters of pregnancy;
- period of breastfeeding;
- epilepsy and severe mental disorders;
- oncological diseases;
- rehabilitation period after chemotherapy;
- arterial hypotension;
- convulsive syndrome.
It is necessary to use herbal formulations containing anise lofant very carefully. The plant contains an increased concentration of vitamins and other active substances that can cause severe allergic reactions.
The use of aniseed lofant in alternative medicine
Anise lofant is a medicinal plant that has a tonic and tonic effect on the body. It is used in various ways – for the preparation of decoctions, infusions, water and alcohol tinctures, teas, gels and ointments for external use..
Anise lofant is a honey plant, so honey collected from the inflorescences of this plant is no less useful than decoctions and infusions. It strengthens the immune system, increases activity and energy, helps fight colds and chronic fatigue syndrome.
Aniseed lofant tea is used for weakness, lethargy, loss of strength, reduced immunity and exhaustion after surgery or serious illness..
- chop fresh or dried lofant grass thoroughly;
- Pour 2 teaspoons of the resulting raw material with a cup (250 ml) of hot water;
- cover and leave to infuse for 15-20 minutes.
Filter the prepared drink through cheesecloth folded in several layers and drink in small sips 2-3 times a day.
Anise lofant infusion is used to improve the functioning of the digestive, urinary and cardiovascular systems.
The method for preparing the infusion is very simple.:
- chop dried leaves and stems of lofant;
- Pour 2 tablespoons of plant materials with 2 cups of boiling water;
- cover the container with a lid and leave to infuse for 4-6 hours;
- strain the finished infusion through cheesecloth folded in several layers;
- to improve the taste, you can add a teaspoon of honey to the infusion.
The prepared infusion of aniseed lofant should be drunk 100 ml three times a day. The herbal remedy can be taken no more than 21 days, after which it is imperative to take a break for at least 1-14 days..
This tool can be used not only internally. It is instilled into the nose with a runny nose, used to gargle with tonsillitis, add to bath water and rub the skin with eczema, allergic urticaria, mycosis and other dermatological problems.
Aniseed lofant decoction is a natural remedy used both for treatment and prevention of many diseases. It normalizes sleep and relieves insomnia, improves the functioning of the gastrointestinal tract and tidies up the stool, effectively fights inflammation, nervousness and increased anxiety..
- pour two tablespoons of finely chopped lofant with 2 glasses of water;
- bring to a boil over low heat;
- simmer for another 15-18 minutes;
- cover the broth with a lid and leave to infuse for 1.5-2.5 hours.
Take the ready-made broth in a cup 3 times a day. Also, the herbal remedy can be used externally – wipe the skin with allergic rashes, diathesis, boils, acne and abscesses.
Anise lofant is a medicinal plant that is widely used in herbal medicine for the treatment and prevention of many diseases. Herbal infusions, decoctions and teas strengthen the body’s immune barrier, tone up and relieve chronic fatigue, promote the elimination of toxins and quick recovery from diseases and surgical interventions.