Cake “Bird’s milk” with semolina and lemon – a treat for the whole family according to simple recipes
A classic dessert with this name is made from biscuit, thick cream soufflé with agar-agar or gelatin, whipped proteins. No semolina! Home-style bird’s milk cake with semolina and lemon is an exception to the culinary rules. The cream is prepared without eggs and gelatin, the cakes are made thin or fluffy.
Delicacy for the festive table
Professional confectioners use several basic recipes for “Bird’s milk”, add agar-agar and gelatin to the soufflé. At home, they usually bake a cake with semolina and lemon, which received a sonorous name from the housewives for its unusual taste. Citrus gives a slight sourness, together with vanilla softens the taste of semolina.
The popularity of the delicacy is explained by the ease of preparation, the ability to modify recipes. The pastries left over from the festive table melt in your mouth the next day, it seems divinely delicious. Children are happy to eat “extra” cream after greasing the cakes..
The peculiarity of the dessert – the thickness of the soufflé is almost 2 more than the cakes.
The amount of lemon juice or zest can be increased or decreased depending on the family’s preference. If you add more semolina or slightly increase the volume of milk, you get a denser soufflé..
Recipe for cake with semolina and lemon cream
One of the delicacy options will require more time and financial costs. It should be noted that there is a lot of butter in this dessert. In cakes and fondant, a natural product can be replaced with margarine, in soufflé – undesirable.
Take 3-4 cakes for cooking (the amount depends on the diameter of the pan):
- 100-125 g of butter or quality margarine;
- 200 g of sugar (can be reduced by 20-30 g);
- 250 g flour;
- 3 eggs;
- some baking powder.
Cream soufflé is prepared from the following products:
- 450 ml of milk (skim is suitable);
- 3 tbsp. l. decoys without foreign inclusions;
- 200 g sugar (can be reduced to 180 g);
- 200 g butter;
- 1 lemon.
For the chocolate fudge:
- 75 ml of milk;
- 3 tbsp. l. cocoa;
- 100 g sugar;
- 50 g butter or margarine.
We bake cakes:
- Melt butter (margarine), add sugar, grind.
- We drive in the eggs in turn.
- Add flour and mix everything well.
- Pour a thin layer of dough into a hot skillet, put on medium heat and bake on the stove (not in the oven), 3-5 minutes.
Quickly remove the cake with a wide flat spatula. If you delay, then the cake begins to break, crumble.
Cooking a cream soufflé:
- Add cold milk to semolina, cook without lumps.
- Dip the lemon in boiling water for half a minute to remove the bitterness, grate it along with the peel.
- Add butter, sugar, grated lemon to the chilled cream.
- Mixing the ingredients.
- Bring the mass to a boil.
- Mix with oil.
- Boil for a couple of minutes.
Place half of the soufflé on the bottom cake. Above – another cake. Then the second half of the soufflé, cake. Top with the bird’s milk cake with boiled semolina and lemon, pour fondant. Decorate with chocolate pieces and berries (optional). After steeping in a cool place, the dessert acquires a richer taste..
Cake “Bird’s milk” with semolina and lemon – an economical recipe
Dessert contains much less fat. You can serve the treat to the table within an hour after preparation. Better to let the cakes soak during the night.
- 4 eggs;
- 3 tbsp. l. sour cream;
- 1-2 tbsp. l. cocoa (the more, the darker the cakes);
- 180-200 g sugar;
- 200-250 g flour;
- baking powder.
The sour cream in the recipe can be replaced with ½ glasses of yogurt. Then you need to take a little more flour than 1 glass. However, the dough should not be too thick..
There is a version of the cake recipe with semolina and lemon, in which it is proposed to bake brown and light cakes. For the second, we prepare a portion of dough with the same ingredients, only without cocoa.
- 200 ml of milk (skimmed);
- 3 tbsp. l. dry semolina;
- 200 g of sugar (you can take 20-30 g less);
- 1 lemon;
- 50 g butter;
- vanillin to taste.
For the fondant, we take the same ingredients as in the first recipe..
To make delicious cakes:
- We grind all ingredients thoroughly so that there are no lumps..
- Mix sugar with cocoa.
- Add eggs, sour cream.
- Mix with flour and other ingredients.
- Grease a baking sheet with butter, dust with dry semolina. Pour the dough.
- Put the finished cakes on a flat dish or board. Cut with thread.
We cook the cream soufflé:
- Mix semolina with cold milk.
- Cook the thick and viscous porridge for about 25 minutes.
- Add sugar, butter, vanillin to the boiling mass.
- Pour the lemon over with boiling water, grate or just squeeze the juice.
- Add the last ingredient to the cooling cream and whisk.
- Lubricate the cakes with cream soufflé.
- Pour chocolate fondant (icing) on top, decorate with grated chocolate.
Ready-made cakes can be poured with cherry jam syrup.
If you bake two types of cakes, then brown in a cake with semolina and lemon is usually placed at the bottom, then a layer of soufflé cream, a light crust without cocoa, a layer of cream, chocolate icing and decoration.
The total time spent on preparing a cake with cream soufflé from semolina and lemon is up to one and a half hours. The result is a dessert with a delicate taste that retains its shape well. Thanks to the addition of lemon, the cream soufflé becomes more aromatic, refreshing.