Indications for the use of apitherapy – what are the treatment of bee stings
Apitherapy is a unique non-traditional method of treatment with bee stings and bee venom, known since time immemorial. Indications for the use of apitherapy are very extensive, because the composition of bee venom includes a huge amount of valuable biologically active substances. This method of treatment is used for joint diseases, arrhythmias and varicose veins. An unconventional technique has a number of contraindications that must be taken into account before bee sting..
What is apitherapy
The term “apitherapy” means a wide range of therapeutic measures using live bees and bee products, aimed at the treatment and prevention of various diseases.
Beekeepers have long noticed that bee stings help to eliminate joint pain, get rid of neuralgia and improve the condition in diseases of the genitourinary system. They were the first to use not only honey and other traditional beekeeping products, but also bee venom. This served as the development of apitherapy as an alternative method of treatment..
The therapeutic and prophylactic effect of bee venom has two directions – biological and reflex. These components are similar to acupuncture and oriental acupuncture, since each bee sting affects a specific biologically active point, where nerve receptors are concentrated..
The sting of a bee sting stimulates nerve receptors, exerting a powerful irritating effect on the internal organs, with which active acupuncture points are closely associated.
A wide list of indications for the use of apitherapy is also due to its biological effect, because the composition of bee venom includes more than 200 biologically active substances.
Natural composition of bee venom
The active use of bee honey in alternative medicine and an extensive list of indications for the use of apitherapy are explained by the unique natural composition of this beekeeping product..
More than 200 biologically active compounds are concentrated in it, including:
- cardiopep – improves the condition of the heart muscle and strengthens the blood vessels;
- mellitin – has an antibacterial effect, showing high efficiency against E. coli, staphylococcus, streptococcus and other bacteria;
- adolapine – reduces pain and fights spasms of various origins;
- apamin – lowers cholesterol levels, stimulates metabolism and improves the functioning of the central nervous system;
- organic acids – expand the lumen of the capillaries, lowering blood pressure.
Bee venom has a complex and multifaceted effect on the human body. It depends on several factors – the dosage of the poison, individual sensitivity and the site of the bite. That is why it is very important to choose the right biologically active sting points..
Useful properties of bee venom
Bee venom is a unique natural substance that has no analogues in composition and therapeutic and prophylactic effect on the human body..
The healing properties of bee venom:
- Bee venom in bronchial asthma facilitates the course of attacks and eliminates bronchial spasms.
- Ophthalmic drops based on bee venom help improve vision and reduce the course of infectious diseases.
- Improves the condition of the gastrointestinal tract, accelerates food digestion and normalizes intestinal tone.
- Expands the blood vessels in the brain and improves brain activity.
- Normalizes the production of thyroid hormones.
- Helps with gynecological diseases – fights soreness during menstruation, relieves unpleasant PMS symptoms, normalizes the cycle.
Apitherapy helps to solve a number of dermatological problems. In medicine, cases have been recorded when bee stings led to remission of psoriasis, accelerated skin regeneration after injuries and injuries, and also effectively fought against hair loss and baldness..
Indications for the use of apitherapy
Bee venom has both general tonic and local effects. This natural remedy strengthens weakened immunity, improves the functioning of internal organs, eliminates spasms at the site of the bite.
The main indications of bee sting:
- arthritis and arthrosis;
- multiple sclerosis;
- disturbances in the work of the endocrine system;
- dermatological diseases;
- bronchial asthma;
Among what bees treat are diseases of a neurological nature. Bee stings help reduce pain in arthritis and arthrosis, improve well-being in paresis and paralysis, and accelerate recovery from traumatic brain injury.
Apitherapy is indicated for people with cerebral palsy and Parkinson’s disease.
Indications for the use of apitherapy and cosmetology
Apitherapy in cosmetology is used as a powerful way to stimulate immune, metabolic and anti-aging processes. Bee stings promote effective skin renewal and repair, helping to fight the signs of aging.
- activates the natural production of elastin and collagen;
- improves skin tone, elasticity;
- accelerates the restoration of damaged skin;
- stimulates the protective properties of the skin, protecting it from ultraviolet rays and the negative effects of free radicals;
- helps to smooth out small wrinkles.
Bee stings have anti-inflammatory and antibacterial effects, improving acne skin condition.
In modern cosmetology, apitherapy is used extremely rarely, since this radical method often causes serious allergic reactions. But bee venom is included in many cosmetics for skin and hair care as a rejuvenating, regenerating and antimicrobial ingredient..
Sting points and apitherapy technique
Sting points in apitherapy are selected depending on the purpose of the bee stings application and the existing diseases. Traditional areas for biting are the area of inflamed joints, shoulder blades and lower back, points of concentration of nerve endings.
Used points for bee sting:
- hypertension – lower back and head area behind the ears;
- ophthalmic diseases – the area of the temples;
- diseases of the thyroid gland – lower back, zones to the right and left of the thyroid gland;
- prostatitis – the area of the coccyx, sacrum and solar plexus;
- dermatological diseases and trophic ulcers – the area around the skin lesion at a distance of 5-7 cm.
Before starting treatment, the doctor conducts several tests to determine the individual sensitivity to bee venom. On the first day, the bee sits on the lower back of a person for 10 seconds, after which the sting is removed. A blood test is taken in a day. On the second day, the bee sits down for 1 minute, then the analysis is repeated.
To sting, the bee sits down with tweezers on a pre-selected point on the body. The therapy is carried out according to a certain scheme, which is selected depending on the individual characteristics of the organism and the specific disease.
Contraindications to apitherapy
Apitherapy can bring not only benefits, but also harm to health. In some cases, bee sting is strictly prohibited..
The main contraindications for apitherapy:
- mental disorders;
- severe disturbances in the work of the central nervous system;
- decompensation of the heart and vascular system;
- infectious diseases;
- exacerbation of pancreatic diseases;
- diseases of the hematopoietic system and impaired blood clotting;
- Addison’s disease and other pathologies of the adrenal cortex;
- liver failure;
- sepsis and other diseases of the acute purulent type;
- depletion of the body;
- all trimesters of pregnancy;
- allergic intolerance to bee products.
Apitherapy is one of the oldest types of alternative medicine. Bee sting was used in ancient Greece and has not lost its popularity today. Due to its unique natural properties, bee venom helps to strengthen the immune system, normalize the condition of the heart and blood vessels, get rid of joint pain and improve skin condition..