Royal Canin dog food line and how to choose the right option
Royal Canin dog food is a quality product that is manufactured taking into account all the requirements of pets. The raw materials are produced in France and exported all over the world. The line of this manufacturer includes dry, wet food and canned food for dogs of all breeds, sizes and ages. In addition, here you can choose an option suitable for chronic diseases of the digestive tract, liver or kidneys..
Features of Royal Canin feed
In the composition of Royal Canin feed about 25% is protein. A more detailed composition and percentage of its components depend on the specific type of feed. Among the main ingredients used to create Royal Canin products are:
- corn is the main source of carbohydrates for large dogs;
- rice – found instead of corn in small breeds;
- dehydrated poultry meat – a source of protein;
- dehydrated proteins of animal origin;
- vegetable proteins;
- complex of vitamins and minerals.
Do not give Royal Canin dog food and products from another manufacturer at the same time. The transition to a new diet is carried out gradually..
The main varieties of dog food
At Royal Canin, each owner will be able to choose the best option for his dog. All products can be divided into dry food, which is sold in portioned sachets and large packs, as well as canned food. Soft food is packed in cans, and canned food – in hermetically sealed bags. Such food is not intended for long-term storage, unlike dry food. It must be completely fed to the animal immediately after opening the can or package..
Royal Canin is a wide range of products for animals, each of which is different in composition:
- Royal Canin food for puppies of small, large and medium breeds;
- food for young and adult dogs, also with differences depending on the size of the breed;
- diet for pets with overweight and, conversely, with exhaustion;
- separate food for Shih Tzu, Yorkshire Terrier, Schnauzer, Poodle, Bulldog, Boxer, Golden Retriever, Pug, Cocker Spaniel and others;
- a series that is indicated for problems with the stomach and intestines;
- medicated feed for kidney and liver diseases;
- line for dogs with allergies, which contains special hypoallergenic proteins of animal and plant origin;
- diet for puppy and lactating bitches.
Royal Canin dry food can be the basis of your daily diet. It is not recommended to combine it with products of other manufacturers and natural feed. Dry granules require a special restructuring of the digestive processes in the dog’s body and are absorbed only if a sufficient amount of water is supplied..
Canned food and pates can be used as a delicacy, as well as as a prophylaxis for diseases of the intestines, kidneys and liver..
Advantages and disadvantages of Royal Canin products
Royal Canin is a very famous company, whose products are present on the shelves of almost any pet store. Many owners prefer to choose this particular brand because of a number of advantages:
- the presence of natural protein of animal origin in the composition;
- availability and prevalence of feed;
- the presence of a series for pets with certain diseases;
- good balance in the level of protein, vitamins and minerals.
However, this manufacturer’s food may not be suitable for all dogs. Among their disadvantages are:
- high cost;
- overestimated percentage of corn in the composition;
- the packages do not indicate a specific percentage of the main components;
- the presence in the composition of the antioxidant E-310, which can be a strong allergen.
The selection of feed is an individual process. Royal Canin dry food for dogs is an excellent option for both adult healthy pets and puppies or veterinary patients..
How to find the right food option?
On the official website of the manufacturer, the entire line of Royal Canin dog food is presented. If you have doubts about the choice, here you can answer several questions, and the system will select the appropriate option. The age, size and breed of the dog, as well as the level of its physical activity and other characteristics, matter. For example, the composition of food for puppies will differ from the diet of an adult dog, and during the period of feeding, the dogs need additional amounts of calories, vitamins and microelements..
Royal Canin dog foods are properly balanced to meet the essential nutrient needs of every pet. Of the main advantages of the manufacturer, it can be noted that the composition contains natural animal proteins. A wide assortment will allow the owners to determine the choice of both adult dogs and puppies and pets with certain diseases. Here are dry food and canned food. The food is considered to be of high quality and is recommended by veterinarians as a daily diet..