Medicinal properties of meadowsweet oil and contraindications for use
Meadowsweet oil can be a full-fledged substitute for many drugs of chemical origin. Doctors have well studied the medicinal properties of meadowsweet oil and contraindications for use in different cases. All parts of the plant – leaves, stems, flowers, seeds, creeping rhizomes contain useful substances. It is called natural aspirin and a remedy for forty diseases..
Meadowsweet or Meadowsweet Vyazolistny (Filipendula ulmaria) is a tall herb belonging to the Tavolga genus from the Pink family. It is found almost throughout the territory of Russia, except for the Lower Volga, forming dense thickets along the banks of rivers, swamps, on the edges and clearings of damp forests.
Most of all, factory-produced meadowsweet oil extract contains:
- methyl salicylate – in the extract from flowers about 28.2%, when using seeds, the concentration drops to 11.2%;
- salicylic aldehyde – 2.8% and 12.4%, respectively.
Of the other components, it should be noted:
- vitamin C;
- etheric and aromatic compounds;
- fatty acid;
Medicinal properties of meadowsweet oil and contraindications
In official medicine, the use of meadowsweet oil is found as a means:
- stimulating immunity;
- prevents the destruction of the liver and promotes its regeneration (hepatoprotector);
- nootropic (stimulating brain activity);
- increasing the body’s resistance to negative influences of various nature (adaptogen);
- improving the absorption of oxygen;
- wound healing;
- thinning blood;
- pain reliever;
- lowering blood pressure;
- relieves muscle pain when applied externally.
Inside, meadowsweet oil is taken:
- with diseases of the gastrointestinal tract;
- as a diuretic;
- to reduce pressure;
- with thrombophlebitis and thrombosis;
- as a blood sugar lowering agent;
- to improve cerebral circulation;
- with arteriosclerosis;
- to thin the blood;
- as a remedy for diarrhea;
- with colds of various nature.
Meadowsweet oil is added to baths to improve sleep, make lotions for quick healing of wounds, in the treatment of stomatitis and skin diseases. It is used during massage and as inhalations for throat diseases..
Meadowsweet oil has a pleasant scent and can be used in aromatherapy.
The benefits and harms of meadowsweet oil are due to the composition. It cannot be used:
- with intolerance to any of the components;
- during pregnancy;
- with a tendency to bleeding of any nature;
- suffering from constipation;
- people with low blood sugar.
The doctor should measure the medicinal properties and contraindications of meadowsweet oil, you should not prescribe it yourself.
How to take meadowsweet oil
Meadowsweet oil should be taken once a day, one teaspoonful with meals. The course of treatment is 1 month. Before re-use, at least 30 days must pass, and you need to consult a doctor. This is a pretty powerful remedy. It can bring the body not only benefit, but also harm, and diseases are not always accompanied by pain, especially at the initial stage..
Meadowsweet oil contains salicylates, which cause excessive sweating. The time of taking the drug should be calculated so that after it you do not go outside for at least an hour.
How to cook meadowsweet oil yourself
It is impossible to prepare meadowsweet oil at home. This is a complex technological process that requires special equipment. The closest in pharmacological properties to the factory drug is oil extract. The tincture, on the other hand, has a weak medicinal effect; during its preparation, most of the nutrients remain in the grass and are thrown away like cake..
The hood is prepared as follows:
- meadowsweet flowers and seeds are tightly placed in a container, filling it, a little short of the edge of the dish;
- poured with refined olive, sunflower or corn oil;
- put the vessel in a water bath and slowly heat, but do not bring to a boil;
- allow the mixture to cool naturally;
- transferred to a glass jar;
- put in a dark place for 2 weeks;
To prepare the infusion, two tablespoons of dry grass meadowsweet are poured with a glass of refined oil, removed to a dark place for 2 weeks. Filter.
The medicinal properties and contraindications of meadowsweet oil are not comparable only at first glance. If a person cured a stomach ulcer, but instead acquired chronic constipation, his life is unlikely to become easier. Tavolga has a wide spectrum of action, before taking her drugs, you should definitely consult a doctor.