You need to know the beneficial properties of acid and contraindications to its use in order to avoid trouble.
The name of the plant “kislitsa” fully reflects its sour taste. The useful properties of acid and contraindications to its use are determined by the presence of oxalic acid in it. The herb can be found in mixed forests and swampy areas in central Russia. here it is called forest sorrel or hare cabbage. Mexico is considered to be the real homeland of sour. It grows in other tropical and subtropical countries – Turkey, Mongolia, Africa, Australia, China, America. Ornamental varieties are grown indoors. The culture is unpretentious and light-loving, highly appreciated by florists.
Description and features of culture
The family “oxalis” is numerous, numbering 8 genera and more than 800 species, having a variety of shapes, sizes and colors. The plant spreads along the ground, creating a “carpet” soft to the touch. Most representatives have thin, three-lobed leaves planted on long pubescent cuttings. Outwardly, they resemble clover leaves. There are specimens whose leaves are divided into 4, 5, 9 lobes.
At night and in bad weather, the flowers of the sorrel tend to close, and the leaves – fold and sink to the ground.
Shades of foliage are very diverse, in some varieties they are two or three colors. The flowers are single and small, of light colors; there is a darker spot at the base of the petals. After flowering, the capsule ripens, in some species – the sour berry. Usually ants transfer the seeds of a plant to fairly distant distances, this is how the culture multiplies and spreads..
Useful properties of acid sour
Oxalis herb has been used in folk medicine for a long time. Its greens contain a high concentration of acids – oxalic, succinic, malic, ascorbic and others, which provide it with a pleasant sour taste and great benefits. Flowers and ground parts of the plant are used for food, they also contain other useful compounds – rutin, calcium, carotene. If you are going to use acid for treatment and prevention, one should not forget about contraindications..
Useful properties of acidic sour:
- used as a hemostatic and regenerative agent;
- stimulates the secretion and outflow of bile, promotes digestion;
- increases urine production, breaks up and removes stones and sand from the body;
- provides anti-inflammatory and disinfectant effect;
- promotes the release of worms, treats worm infestations of various types;
- increases the secretory function of the stomach, increases acidity;
- it is used for poisoning, as it removes mercury and arsenic;
- restores joint tissue, is the prevention of arthrosis;
- has an antipyretic effect for colds, flu;
- relaxes the muscles of the internal organs, relieving menstrual and neuralgic pains.
Oxalis in folk medicine
A forest herb often helps people in nature or on a hike. Fresh leaves are applied to wounds to stop bleeding and improve tissue regeneration. This plant is used if suppuration has occurred, with long-term non-healing skin lesions. Ground parts are crushed into gruel, wrapped in gauze, applied to the focus of inflammation. Change the bandage every 3-4 hours.
Sour leaves are dried whole without crushing. Store in a glass or ceramic container under a closed lid so that moisture does not get into the container. The shelf life is limited – 1 year.
How to use acid in treatment – recipes:
- Broth. In a glass of water, you need to take a teaspoon of dried and chopped herbs. The liquid is brought to a boil, boiled for 10 minutes over low heat. The cooled broth is filtered, used internally and externally, rinse the mouth, treat the throat, apply to wounds.
- Juice. A high antiseptic effect is obtained by sour juice in combination with honey. The recommended proportion is 1: 1. The healing composition well heals pressure sores and trophic ulcers in adults, in children it is used to treat diathesis or dermatitis, helps with inflammation of the gums, stomatitis.
- Tincture. For the preparation of the tincture, you can use fresh or dry raw materials. If the herb is fresh, then take 100 grams and pour 500 ml of vodka. You will need less dry herbs – 50 grams per half liter of vodka. Withstand the tincture for 10 days in a dark and cool place. The finished tincture is used for the preparation of compresses and medicinal solutions..
- Tea. The dried leaves can be brewed and drunk instead of tea. Pleasant sour taste well quenches thirst, produces a tonic effect.
Is it possible to eat sour
In terms of food and taste characteristics, sour cherry is equated with sorrel. The herbaceous plant is often used in the medical nutrition of people. Sour leaves are added to okroshka, cabbage soup or borscht, they are seasoned with vegetable salads and stews, kvass, iced tea, fruit drinks are made on their basis. Prepare dishes, taking into account the benefits and harms of acidic acid for health.
During the preparation process, sprinkle the leaves of the sour cherry with sugar, so it gives off juice better, the taste becomes softer.
How to use acid in food:
- it is customary to combine fresh grass with vegetables, meat, cheeses, add to soups and drinks;
- dried parts of the plant are used as a seasoning for meat and fish dishes;
- a green sauce is prepared from the leaves, which is served with the first and second courses, spread on bread;
- hunters, fishermen, travelers add freshly squeezed juice to the water, getting a delicious vitamin drink, excellent thirst quencher, refreshing in the heat.
For medicinal purposes, oxalis is most often used, there are useful properties in violet oxalis. In everyday life, it helps to restore the brightness of fabrics, remove stains from clothes.
Contraindications and restrictions
Many are interested in whether poisonous oxalis or not. The culture is considered to be a weakly poisonous plant. The use of a medicinal plant in medicine and nutrition is associated with many restrictions. In confirmation of this, wild and domestic animals bypass the squat grass side. Temporary consumption of the plant has some positive effects. With prolonged use, oxalis can harm human health and well-being. It is undesirable to eat it for those who have abnormalities in the functions of the gastrointestinal tract..
Excess oxalic acid negatively affects the mucous membrane of the digestive system, irritation can occur in the ducts of the bladder, kidneys.
Today, like many years ago, medicinal herbs help people cope with poor health, improve health, and cure diseases. Kislitsa is one of the unique means of nature’s green first-aid kit. You need to use natural products without breaking the rules and dosages. Reception times should also be strictly limited..