Benefits and harm to the body from eating walnuts
Gretsky has long been a favorite delicacy and ingredient in many national cuisines. The benefits and harms to the body of a walnut were studied back in the time of Hippocrates, many still argue about its value, so it will be useful to learn a little more about this type of walnut.
See also the article: walnut jam!
Composition and nutritional value of walnuts
It is difficult to find a second such product that is so rich in minerals and vitamins. Walnut contains vitamins of group A, B, C, E, K, PP, cobalt, sodium, iron, zinc, magnesium, copper, phosphorus, vegetable protein and over 20 unsaturated fatty amino acids (coffee, ellagic, galusic, ascorbic and others) … Such a rich and unique composition makes walnuts a very useful and even irreplaceable product. Humanity has already managed to appreciate the benefits of walnuts and use it to maintain the health of the body..
The content of vitamin C alone exceeds its content in citrus fruits by 50 times. In total, this product contains about 80 micro- and macroelements and not only kernels are useful, but also partitions, shells, leaves, nut butter.
At the same time, the composition of walnuts may differ depending on the maturity and the region of growth. For example, fruits harvested in the eastern and southern regions are higher in fat..
As for the calorie content of a walnut, this is a fairly nutritious and high-calorie product..
100 grams of walnuts contains 654 kcal, the proportion of fat is 65%, protein – 15%, carbohydrates – 7%. Its use should be balanced and combined with other foods..
Walnut and its beneficial properties
In alternative medicine, for the treatment of a number of diseases, the beneficial properties of walnuts are actively used:
- Strengthening the immune system, thanks to the presence of a huge amount of nutrients. Doctors recommend that walnuts must be included in the diet in spring and autumn, when there is an outbreak of vitamin deficiency..
- Treating anemia. The high content of iron, cobalt and zinc contributes to an increase in hemoglobin levels, thus improving overall health and well-being of a person.
- Treatment and prevention of diseases of the cardiovascular system. Vitamins of groups E and A improve the functioning of internal organs, strengthen the walls of blood vessels, cleanse the blood, dissolving sclerotic and cholesterol plaques.
- Normalization of the gastrointestinal tract. The protein contained in the fruits will help get rid of dysbiosis and constipation, as well as improve the microflora in general..
- Can be used as a sedative. To do this, you will need to make a tincture from walnut partitions..
- Stimulating mental activity and brain function.
- Acceleration of metabolic processes in the body.
- Lowering blood sugar: septa and infusions are also used for this. But if we talk about walnuts, their benefits and harms to the body, then in this case, endocrinologists do not recommend using walnuts for people who have type 1 and 2 diabetes mellitus.
In addition, it is the walnut that is the ingredient in protein shakes, in which it is added in order to quickly restore energy balance after intense sports training with strength training. This cocktail will help reduce muscle fatigue..
Due to the presence of a sufficiently high amount of iodine in the composition of the nut, the product is recommended to be regularly consumed in case of problems with the thyroid gland..
Walnut will be extremely useful to those people who live in an unfavorable environmental situation, especially if there is an increase in the radiation background or its approach to the critical level..
The benefits of walnuts for men
Even the ancient Greeks noticed the amazing effect that fruits have on men’s health, especially on the reproductive system. The benefits of walnuts for men are that the trace elements and vitamins in the fruit contribute to the production of a hormone that is very important for men – testosterone..
You can enhance the processes of testosterone production if you consume walnuts with honey in the following proportion: per 100 grams of chopped nuts, 1 tbsp. spoon of honey. To enhance the effect, you can pre-soak and dry the nuts. Such a remedy helps to enhance libido, improves sperm quality, and can be used as a therapeutic or prophylactic agent for prostatitis..
Walnut oil is a powerful aphrodisiac.
The benefits of walnuts for women
If we talk about the effect of this product on women’s health, then here we can also note a number of positive points, in particular, the benefits of walnuts for women are as follows:
- Promote the recovery of the body during blood loss during childbirth, menstruation, surgery
- Prevents the appearance of varicose veins (this quality is especially useful for women who like to wear high-heeled shoes)
- Stabilizes the psycho-emotional state, has a calming effect, enhances stress resistance, relieves nervous tension
- Very useful tincture of shell septa for the treatment of uterine fibroids.
Pregnancy is an important period in the life of every woman. Accordingly, nutrition should be balanced, as useful as possible, filled with substances necessary for the health of women and children. Many women wonder if walnuts can be consumed while breastfeeding and during pregnancy. Walnut is a vital product at these stages of life, and it must be present in a woman’s diet..
When consuming walnuts during pregnancy or breastfeeding, it is necessary to agree on the daily rate with the observing doctor and not exceed the permitted amount of the product..
In general, walnuts have a very positive effect on the processes of intrauterine development, providing the fetus with all the necessary micro and macro elements. When breastfeeding, all these useful substances enter the child’s body with the mother’s milk, which helps to form the baby’s future immunity. Milk from the mother’s consumption of walnuts becomes fatter and gets a special pleasant nutty taste that the child will definitely like.
How many walnuts should you eat per day?
Answering the question, how many walnuts you need to eat per day, we can say that on average, an adult who has no contraindications and individual intolerance to this product can eat about 10 pieces of walnut fruits per day. Pregnant women are recommended 10-12 nuts, and children about 5-7.
Many doctors and nutritionists do not recommend exceeding the recommended daily allowance, because exceeding it can have the opposite effect..
If you decide to introduce this useful product into the diet, then you should find out in advance for what diseases you should not eat walnuts. This list includes allergies, psoriasis, neurodermatitis, eczema, severe intestinal disorders, irritation of the mucous membranes of the mouth, inflammation of the tonsils and other diseases and pathologies..
Summing up, we can say that a walnut will only bring benefits and will not cause any harm to the body if this product is consumed in moderation..