How to wash spoons and forks to make them shine – available tools will help you
Tell me how to wash spoons and forks to make them shine? A couple of years ago, we were presented with a very beautiful set for our wedding, with an original design on the handles. I did not think that it was he who would give me such trouble. Over time, the indentations in the drawing have darkened, especially on the teaspoons. I tried to rub it well with a sponge and detergent, but I managed to wash only what was on the surface.
Convex leaves, flowers and other patterns look beautiful on cutlery. But even the cleanest housewife often has a question of how to wash the spoons and forks so that they shine. Silver is not often found in the kitchen today. It is much cheaper and more practical to use cupronickel devices or stainless steel sets. Of these two, preference is still given to steel, because cupronickel oxidizes, rusts and turns black. Steel eliminates such problems, such forks and spoons behave better in use. If they darken, then it is most often from food debris. It is especially difficult to clean old grease stains, tea and coffee deposits on appliances with a pattern. They accumulate in the depressions, and it will no longer be possible to remove it with plain water. But, knowing a few secrets, you can return the devices to their original shine..
How to wash spoons and forks to make them shine
Our grandmothers did not have such a variety of special detergents and cleaning products. However, their instruments always sparkled like a new penny.. And quite affordable products that are in every home helped to maintain their cleanliness:
- Soda and salt. Pour 2 liters of water into a saucepan and add 2 tbsp. l. soda and salt. Place the forks and spoons in a container and cook for 20 minutes. It is not necessary for the water to boil; it is enough if it is just hot. Then rinse with clean water and dry with a towel.
- White. Dissolve 50 ml of bleach in 3 liters of water and soak the appliances for a quarter of an hour. Rinse well.
- Liquid soap and soda. Make a paste out of these ingredients and use it to brush the forks with a toothbrush..
- Ammonia. Dilute it with water in a 1: 9 ratio. Wipe with a spoon solution.
- Vinegar. Without diluting, wipe the devices with it using a cotton pad.
- Sprite. Sweet sparkling water contains citric acid. Just soak your spoons and forks in it. Coca-Cola or Fanta is also suitable.
- Vegetable oil. Dampen a soft cloth in it and wipe off the greasy residue, then wash the appliances with detergent.
- Potatoes. Cut the fruit and rub the forks with it. Starch will restore their shine.
- Toothpaste. Rub the appliances with the paste using a brush, leave them for 10 minutes and rinse with water.
Do not use chlorine bleach to clean spoons and forks that have aluminum or enamel parts..
Simple tips for caring for cutlery
Sometimes, even on cleanly washed spoons, after drying, ugly stains remain. To prevent this, do not leave the devices to dry on their own, but wipe them dry with a towel..
A toothpick wrapped in a cloth or cotton pad will help remove fat from the most difficult to reach places. Soak it in the solution and trace the pattern on the appliances. But it is better not to use hard brushes for cleaning. They can scratch the handles.