Onion husks in folk medicine – useful properties of medicinal kitchen waste
Can you tell me how the onion husks are used in folk medicine, the useful properties of these cleanings? My mom used to make tinctures often, and we rinsed our hair with her. After the husk, they became silky and even darkened a little, acquiring a beautiful shine. I heard that the husk also helps with bronchitis. And what else can be treated with means based on it??
Onion husks in folk medicine, the beneficial properties of this product have been known for a long time. After preparing lunch, do not throw away the onion waste. They can be used not only for coloring Easter eggs. Husk is an excellent fertilizer for garden plants and indoor flowers. And it will also help to improve health and get rid of many diseases..
Onion husks in folk medicine, useful properties
No one denies the healing properties of the onion itself. But rustling onion scales are also rich in vitamins and minerals. The high content of certain elements makes the husk an excellent folk remedy. Vitamins of groups B, C, E, tannins, iron, calcium … This is not the whole list of useful substances contained in it.
Decoctions and tinctures of husk have a beneficial effect on our body and help fight diseases:
- improve stomach function;
- cleanse the stomach and liver from toxins and toxins;
- stimulate peristalsis and reduce gas formation;
- activate digestive processes;
- slow down aging, improve skin condition;
- strengthen hair, stimulate their growth;
- lower blood pressure, cholesterol and blood glucose;
- accelerate wound healing;
- relieve inflammation;
- strengthen blood vessels, expand them and stimulate blood circulation;
- relieve muscle spasms;
- have soothing and anti-allergenic properties.
What diseases will the husk help
The husk is brewed, insisted or tinctures, ointments and medicated oil are made on it. These remedies are good for the complex treatment of such health problems:
- varicose veins;
- chronic gastritis;
- allergy (manifestation of itching, irritation, swelling);
- flatulence and constipation;
- periodontal disease and other diseases of the oral cavity;
- colds, flu, bronchitis;
Onion allergy can be the main problem in the treatment of husks, which, however, does not happen often. It is not recommended to take such funds for pregnant and lactating due to possible harm to the fetus or baby..
During treatment with medications, especially potent ones, you should definitely consult your doctor. In most cases, taking folk remedies is not desirable.
Also, a side effect in the form of a worsening of the condition can be obtained with an exacerbation of stomach diseases. Do not take husks even in case of increased blood clotting..