Honey with cinnamon – the benefits and harms of an exquisite aromatic tandem
Tell me, what does honey with cinnamon help from, the benefits and harms of such a combination of products? My grandchildren often suffer from colds. I heard that the regular use of honey with spices increases the immune system. I want to suggest to my daughter that she serve to the children. And for a venerable age, you can also use it? Maybe some other ailment will cure.
These foods are useful individually, and eating them together will only increase the healing effect. Honey with cinnamon – the benefits and harms of such a combination should be known to everyone who is fond of traditional medicine. On the one hand, both the beekeeping product and the spice are very valuable and have a lot of medicinal properties. At the same time, do not forget that it is honey that is at the top of the pyramid of allergy-causing foods. In addition, cinnamon itself has a specific effect, which may not suit everyone..
Cinnamon honey – benefits and harms
The honey-cinnamon mixture energizes the body and increases its resistance to viral diseases. But these are far from all medicinal properties. Cinnamon honey:
- relieves fatigue;
- strengthens blood vessels and thins the blood;
- cleanses the body of toxins, toxins, cholesterol plaques;
- destroys pathogenic microflora and normalizes the balance of bacteria in the intestine;
- accelerates metabolism and helps digest fatty foods;
- normalizes hormonal levels;
- rejuvenates the skin and relieves acne;
- promotes weight loss;
- improves memory, increases concentration.
It is better to buy Ceylon cinnamon, in sticks, and chop it yourself. Markets often sell Chinese or Vietnamese cassia instead, a cheaper and less useful counterpart. Real cinnamon looks like a thick stick of light mustard color against thin and brown cassia.
Caution – contraindications
As already mentioned, first of all, you need to make sure that you are not allergic to honey. By the way, cinnamon can also cause it. It is also extremely important to observe the dosage. Exceeding it will result in an allergic reaction, even if you are not allergic. It will also cause nausea and vomiting..
Given the specific effect of the healing tandem and each of its components separately, it cannot be taken in the presence of:
- hypertension (will lead to an even greater jump in pressure);
- bronchial asthma (can provoke bronchospasm);
- bleeding (the mixture thins the blood and will only aggravate the situation);
- hyperactivity and increased excitability (cinnamon will intensify the condition).
It is also forbidden to use honey with cinnamon for pregnant and lactating women. In addition to being allergic to honey, the spice itself can cause miscarriage..