A magic remedy for all diseases – hawthorn berries, benefits and harms, how to take for medicinal purposes
Tell us what diseases hawthorn berries help with, the benefits and harms, how to take them? I just make tea, brewing it with boiling water, and drink instead of water in the summer, and in the winter – so as not to catch a cold. I noticed that during use, the pressure becomes more stable, even without pills it turns out to do for some time. But you probably can’t drink hawthorn all the time.?
Hawthorn can often be seen not only in nature, but also in private gardens, because the shrub has a very decorative appearance. And its fruits are not only edible, but also have medicinal properties. But before you start self-medication, it will not hurt not only the doctor’s advice, but also the knowledge of what hawthorn berries can do, the benefits and harms of how to take this product. Do not forget that any folk remedy, however, like medicines, has both medicinal properties and contraindications. Small red berries have healing power, but only if you know how to use it correctly.
The chemical composition of berries
Having tasted hawthorn, it is not difficult to guess by its sweet and sour taste that fruits contain a lot of vitamin C. In addition, berries contain a whole vitamin pantry of many useful substances, namely:
- minerals (iron, magnesium, calcium, iodine and many others);
- organic acids (citric, caffeic, tartaric);
- triterpenic acids (oleic, chlorogenic, ursolic);
- bioflavonoids (quercetin, quercitrin);
- essential oils;
Hawthorn berries – benefits and harms, how to take
In general, the entire plant, from the roots to the inflorescences, contains useful substances. But most of them are in berries. Fresh fruits are used to make delicious jam and wine, as well as various medicinal products. Dried berries are used mainly for herbal teas and in various medicinal herbal teas..
Means made from hawthorn fruits have a positive effect on the body, namely:
- dilate blood vessels;
- normalize heart rate;
- reduce blood pressure and cholesterol;
- relieve pain spasms and inflammation;
- increase immunity and general tone;
- cleanse of toxins and toxins;
- calm the nervous system;
- have antiseptic, antioxidant and diuretic effects.
To avoid side effects such as nausea, headache or rash, it is important to observe the dosage. You can not replace ordinary water with tea from berries, quenching their thirst..
And given some of the abilities of medicinal fruits, they cannot be used for such diseases:
- renal failure;
- heart disease;
- atrial fibrillation;
- pregnancy and lactation.
Methods and features of taking berry-based products
Hawthorn fruits are used to prepare:
- Tea (for 200 ml of boiling water 1 tbsp. L.), Which is drunk a little during the day.
- Broth (the same proportions, only the workpiece is brought to a boil and insisted for half an hour). Drink in 2 doses in equal portions, morning and evening.
- Alcoholic tinctures (the jar is filled with berries and poured with vodka to cover). Take 1 tsp. twice a day.
Hawthorn decoctions, tinctures and medicinal tea must be taken in courses so that the body does not get used to it. After a month of admission, you should definitely take a break for 2 weeks. In addition, you need to drink them only after eating, given the fact that there is a lot of acid in the berries..
What diseases will hawthorn help
Remedies from medicinal berries are indicated for such health problems:
- angina pectoris;
- liver and gallbladder diseases.
Also, hawthorn is good for women during menopause and in the complex treatment of infertility.