A beautiful red cabbage salad for the winter is a worthy replacement for a white cabbage
How to make red cabbage salad for the winter? Everyone in our family loves cabbage, but usually I pick white cabbage. I use blue in fresh salads, children do not really like it, but adult family members crunch with pleasure. And then a neighbor treated her to her new recipe – pickled blue cabbage. Personally, I liked it, I want to prepare a couple of jars for a test. But the neighbor got sick and went to the hospital, there is no one to find out the prescription from. Could you tell?
A crispy and very beautiful red cabbage salad is obtained for the winter. And its taste cannot be conveyed in one word – it is both a barely perceptible pleasant sweetness, and a light spicy note of bitterness. What it will be depends on the taste and recipe. You can make a sweet salad, or add more spices for a more tangy snack. And also red cabbage goes well not only with white cabbage, but also with other vegetables and even fruits. And there will be no problems with choosing a variety, since the white variety will not. All krasnokochanka perfectly “behaves” in conservation. Moreover, it can be marinated and fermented..
Red cabbage salad for the winter under hot marinade without sterilization
The good thing about this recipe is that you can make a salad quickly. But even without additional heat treatment, the workpiece will be well stored due to the method of hot filling with marinade.
- Chop or knife a 1 kg head of cabbage.
- Cut the same amount of bell pepper into thin strips.
- Chop two large onions in half rings.
- Place all vegetables in a large bowl, stir to let the cabbage juice.
- Arrange in jars (pre-sterilize them).
- Prepare the marinade: in 1 liter of water, put 1 tbsp. sugar, 2 tbsp. l. salt, 0.5 tsp. dill seeds. When the water boils, add 30 ml of vinegar. Stir and immediately pour the marinade over the cabbage.
Now roll up the salad, cover the blanket and let it stand until the jars cool. Then you can take it to the cellar or pantry for storage.
To make the pepper more tender, blanch it after slicing. Just pour boiling water over for a couple of minutes, and then immediately transfer to cold water..
Sauerkraut salad with apples (sterilized)
Before you roll up such an appetizer, you first need to ferment the cabbage a little. This will give the salad, in combination with apples, a well-noticeable sourness. And so that it does not “explode” in winter, the banks are sterilized.
To make a sour salad:
- Chop 5 small cabbage heads.
- Peel 1 kg of apples and cut into thin slices.
- Chop three onions in half rings.
- Place the cabbage and onion in a bowl, add 1 tbsp. salt and 0.5 tsp. parsley and coriander seeds. You can also put some dill seeds and mix well.
- Place vegetables in a saucepan, alternating with a layer of apples. Cover with a lid so that it goes inside the pan, and put the oppression on top. Let the workpiece simmer for three days in the warmth.
- It remains only to sterilize the finished salad. Place it in 1 liter jars and sterilize them for at least 20 minutes.
Roll up and leave to cool, wrapped on top. You can store such a salad in an apartment, but only where it is cooler..