A quick dish for special occasions – sausages in puff pastry
Puff pastry sausages are not just a fast food meal. This is also an option for a quick snack at home. And by connecting imagination, you can make an original dish that will not be ashamed to serve to guests..
See also: puff pastry – recipes with photos!
Delicious and original recipes for sausages in puff pastry
You can cook a dish from different doughs: ordinary, yeast, puff. Today we’ll talk about cooking in the last way.
Guests are on the doorstep and do you think what to treat? Then the sausages in puff pastry are especially for you: original, simple, tasty and quick. With hot sauce it will be just right. In addition, you don’t have to mess around with dough preparation..
So, for 5-6 sausages, you need to take 0.2 kg of yeast puff, ready-made dough. For the sauce, you need to take 2 tbsp. l. honey, mayonnaise, sweet mustard and 1 tsp. hot mustard. You will also need salt, paprika, pepper, and wine vinegar according to your preference. Long skewers are also needed..
- String each sausage on a skewer. If they are long, you can cut the sausages in half. Using a knife, cut each sausage in a spiral shape directly on the skewer, gently rolling it.
- Prepare the dough – defrost, roll out and cut into strips. Slightly stretch the sausage on a skewer and spiral the dough between the wheels. The prepared tandem is sent to an oven preheated to 180 ° C for a quarter of an hour..
- Meanwhile, prepare the sauce by carefully mixing honey, hot and sweet mustard, mayonnaise, salt, etc. in a container. vinegar and paprika.
Ready-made sausages are laid out on a dish and served with sauce to the table.
Sausages in puff yeast dough
These are great homemade baked goods. It is prepared simply, there are no special, hard-to-find ingredients.
Feel free to experiment with the filling. By adding other ingredients to sausages, you can find the perfect combination of tastes..
To prepare sausages in a puff pastry dough, you will need (for 12 sausages): 1 tbsp. sugar, 3-4 tbsp. flour, a pinch of salt, which will only enhance the taste. Dry yeast in the amount of 11 g. If you take fresh yeast, you need to recalculate the weight. You will also need a third of a glass of sunflower oil, 1 tbsp. l. sugar and 2 eggs. To give a beautiful color, use the yolk of one egg, and for decoration – sesame seeds.
- In the container where the dough will be prepared, mix all dry ingredients (1 cup flour, salt, sugar, yeast). Pour in slightly warmed, but not hot milk, mix thoroughly and leave the mass in a warm place for half an hour.
- As soon as you notice that the dough has come up and doubled in volume, vegetable oil and beaten eggs are poured into it.
- Sift the remaining volume of flour, add to the mass and knead the dough for 15 minutes. At the same time, you should get a dense and elastic lump..
- Roll out the dough into a thin layer and cut into thin long strips according to the number of sausages. Each sausage is wrapped in a spiral dough. The top is well greased with egg yolk and sprinkled with sesame seeds. They are sent to bake in an oven preheated to 180 ° C until the dough acquires a golden hue.
Sausage wicker puff pie
A very interesting option can be prepared from such a dish as sausages in puff pastry in the oven – a wicker cake. You will have to tinker a little, but you will really like the result. In addition, if you call the children, then the process will be much more fun..
The dough is taken ready-made. What it will be – you look. It can be flaky yeast-based or unleavened.
So, to prepare a masterpiece, you need about 16-20 sausages. You need to take one sheet of the finished dough. You also need pepper and salt at your discretion. Top baked goods are smeared with egg yolk:
- The finished puff pastry should be defrosted beforehand, and then put on parchment paper (or for baking), rolled out a little and cut into strips 3-5 cm wide.
- Having “numbered” the strips for themselves, each odd one is folded up and in the center of the dough.
- On the dough near the fold, two sausages are laid in length and covered with previously bent strips of dough on top.
- Now we bend the even strips and repeat.Thus, they continue to stack the sausages and weave them until the entire layer of dough is filled.
- Do the same with the second side of the dough..
- Thoroughly coat the dough with egg yolk on top, pepper and salt as desired. The oven is preheated to 200 ° C and the “wicker” is sent into it for 20 minutes. When the top is browned, the cake is ready.
The pie can be eaten as a separate dish with sauce, or with soup, for example, lentil, mushroom. It will be tasty with a side dish.
Puff pastry sausages are a safe bet for any occasion. A good option for a snack, lunch for a child at school, a quick treat for guests. By connecting your imagination, you can prepare your own options. For example, you can add eggs, pickles, cheese and other foods.