Trying to bake rye-wheat bread at home
Rye-wheat bread has been popular for a long time. Unlike the white bread that has already become familiar to many, it is much healthier. Regular consumption of such bread has a beneficial effect on the body. Its composition is traditional. It includes the ratio of nutrients and microelements that is optimal for human life..
What is the use of rye bread?
It is noteworthy that the recipe for making classic rye-wheat bread has not changed since ancient times. To add these valuable baked goods to your diet, just have a few simple ingredients on hand..
Despite the fact that rye-wheat bread itself has a small calorie content, many, when trying to lose weight and adjust their diet, decide to give up eating bread. In fact, this is only recommended in cases where the body will receive all the necessary substances from other foods. If this is not possible, then you should not completely exclude bread from your diet..
The advantages of rye wheat bread, thanks to which it is actively recommended for use by nutritionists and doctors, include:
- A small percentage of calories. The more rye flour is, the more useful the bread will be..
- High content of nutrients and vitamins. Rye grains are similar in composition to wheat grains. However, during the cooking process, such bread remains more useful than white.
- Solid indigestible fiber content. The so-called fiber, which is saturated with rye bread, is indispensable for normal digestion..
If bread is made from useful components and does not contain harmful additives, its use has a positive effect on the state of our body..
Rye-wheat bread in a bread maker
The two main components are rye and wheat flour. Water and vegetable oil are added to them. The remaining ingredients are sugar, yeast (preferably fast acting) and salt.
The cooking process is quite simple. It is enough to follow the steps described below:
- First, add all the liquid ingredients to the bucket of the bread machine.
- Sift rye flour with wheat flour.
- Add salt to taste.
- We fall asleep dry fast-acting.
- Add sugar to taste.
- We put the bucket in the bread maker.
- Choosing the main mode.
For the first 20 minutes, you can monitor how the cooking process is going and, if necessary, add a little water (1 tsp each). In the future, the lid must not be opened..
Rye-wheat bread in the oven
- Rye flour;
- Wheat flour;
- dry yeast;
- salt and sugar;
- olive oil;
- sunflower seeds.
- Mix two types of flour (rye flour 150 g each, and wheat flour 300 g) and sift into a separate bowl.
- Pour 2 tsp yeast with warm water (270 ml), add 1 tbsp. l. flour mixture, as well as salt, sugar. Leave for a while in a warm place.
- When the yeast is covered with bubbles, pour it into the sifted flour.
- Add olive oil (1 tablespoon) and seeds.
- Next, knead the dough, it should stop sticking to your hands.
- Place the oiled dough into a bowl. Then cover with a cloth and leave in a warm place for about 60 minutes.
- When the dough rises, you should form the future bread from it, put it on baking paper (preferably grease with butter).
- In the middle, the crumpled dough can be cut to give it a pleasant appearance. Then sprinkle with the remaining seeds.
- Leave the dough for another 30 minutes in a warm place..
- Preheat the oven 200 ° С.
- Sprinkle the dough with water and place in the oven for 40 minutes..
- Readiness is desirable to determine by the state of the crust..
Rye-wheat bread with yeast is ready in the oven. It should be laid on a wire rack and covered with a towel until fully cooked..
Sourdough rye wheat bread
The recipe for such bread includes only 3 ingredients: two types of flour, water and salt. He gets a delicate, moderately porous structure. The bread has a pleasant aroma and taste. Many culinary experts advise those who are going to put the sourdough dough for the first time to use one more additional component – yeast. But this is already a matter of taste.
So, for cooking you will need:
- rye sourdough;
- Rye flour;
- wheat flour;
- Ready rye sourdough (600 g) should be 100% moisture. Its amount should be the same as the amount of flour of the two types. Pour the sourdough into a bowl. Please note that the leaven should already be at room temperature..
- Add water (350 ml) at room temperature (in no case should the water be hot) and mix everything thoroughly. Add the rest of the ingredients to the sourdough, i.e. two types of flour, 300 g each, salt – to taste, but not more than 1 tsp. It is not worth kneading the dough for a long time, it will be enough if the flour is slightly moistened.
- We leave the dough in a warm place for 30 minutes, covering it with cling film. Please note that it is advisable to make a couple of small punctures in the film so that the dough breathes. Next, lay out the dough and begin to knead it. At the same time, you should not add flour to it, so as not to spoil the future bread. Since the dough will be quite sticky and it will be difficult for beginners to work with it, you can use a special scraper..
- The mixing time is maximum 7 minutes. Next, you should leave the dough for proofing for some more time until it is fully cooked. To do this, put the dough in a deep bowl sprinkled with flour. If this is not done, the dough will stick to the dishes. Cover the dough with a towel and leave it in this state until it becomes twice its size. This usually takes 2.5 hours..
- Brush off excess flour and transfer the dough to baking paper. Preheat the oven to 250 ° C along with an empty baking sheet. At the bottom of the oven, you must put a container with water, which will allow you to create a steam bath for raising the dough during the baking process..
- Next, put the bread with baking paper in a preheated baking sheet and bake for about 15 minutes with a steam bath. Temperature – 250 ° С. If you do not want to put additional dishes with water, then it will be enough to pour a glass of water onto the bottom of the preheated oven to create steam. After 15 minutes, remove the steam bath and continue to bake the bread for another 40 minutes at a temperature of 200 ° C.
To determine readiness, it is enough to knock on the crust of bread. In this case, the sound should be empty. Never cut bread straight away. Give him time to “rest”. To do this, place it on a wire rack and cover with a cotton towel or any other natural fabric. If you bake bread on a baking sheet, as described above, then with a high degree of probability it will crack, but its taste will not change from this. If you want to avoid this, then use the form.
Other recipes for making delicious and healthy rye bread
There are other ways to make rye bread. One of the most popular options is Swiss rye-wheat bread. Its peculiarity lies in the fact that cocoa powder is added to the recipe, so the bread acquires a characteristic brown color. For those who prefer simpler baking methods, rye-wheat bread in a slow cooker is suitable. To do this, it is enough to prepare the dough in the usual way, and then put it in a multicooker by selecting the “Baking” mode.