Practical tips for growing wheat
Sprouted wheat is a source of youth, health and beauty. Many people ask questions about how to germinate wheat properly and how to take it. In seedlings, vitamins and minerals must be preserved, which have a beneficial effect on all systems of the body..
How to germinate wheat
Whole intact grains are selected for germination. Care should be taken to ensure that the wheat for germination is not treated with chemicals, as this can negatively affect the sprouts..
The germination process is divided into the following stages:
- Decide on the amount of sprouted grains you need. Recommended amount: 1 tablespoon per person per day.
- Pour the grains onto a clean sheet of cardboard, carefully selecting the litter and damaged wheat. Place in a colander, rinse under cool running water.
- Select a container for germination. A glass or porcelain plate with a wide bottom or an iron tray will do..
- Pour the wheat into a container, cover with water and leave for 2-4 minutes. Drain the liquid, gently spread the grains over the surface.
- Pour warm spring water over the wheat, cover with a bandage or gauze on top. You can close the container with a lid, leaving a small gap for air to enter.
- Place the container in a dark place for 8-9 hours. Change the water.
- After sprouts appear, drain the liquid and place the wheat in the refrigerator or on the balcony.
Sprouted wheat can be eaten within 24-34 hours. If the sprouts have overgrown and have reached 3-4 mm, then you should not add grains to food..
Wheat germinates within 24 hours, but some varieties sprout for 2-3 days. You can germinate grains in the refrigerator, but this slows down the process.
Green wheat germ without grains is very useful. They can be grown by placing the germinated kernels in peat, humus, or sawdust. Daily watering and good lighting will promote rapid grass growth. The sprouts can be consumed on days 8-9, when they reach a height of 13-16 cm. They are cut with scissors and added to soups, salads and side dishes.
It is recommended to store green sprouts in the refrigerator for no more than 7-8 days, otherwise they will lose their taste and dry out..
Sprouted wheat: benefits and harms
Sprouted wheat is a whole storehouse of vitamins and nutrients. The use of sprouts increases immunity, normalizes the acid-base balance, eliminates vitamin deficiency and cleanses the body of toxins.
The grains contain:
Sprouted grain has a beneficial effect on the gastrointestinal tract, increases blood flow and strengthens the cardiovascular system. It is recommended to include sprouts in the diet of overweight people.
Doctors advise to study the benefits and harms of sprouted wheat before use: the product has contraindications. It is not recommended to include sprouts in the menu:
- children under 10 years old;
- in the postoperative and rehabilitation periods;
- people suffering from diseases of the stomach and intestines;
- allergy sufferers with intolerance to gluten-containing foods.
You can not use sprouted grains during an exacerbation of inflammatory diseases.
How to take wheat germ
After learning about the benefits and dangers of grain, people are interested in how to take sprouted wheat. The intake of nutrients and microelements into the body directly depends on the correct use of seedlings..
- Avoid cooking wheat. When the temperature rises, the grains lose nutrients.
- Grind the grains in a meat grinder or blender. Stir the resulting mushy mass with olive or linseed oil. Eat 1 tablespoon daily with breakfast.
- From sprouts, you can prepare an infusion. To do this, fill the beans with clean water and place them in a dark place for 2-3 hours. Add lemon juice or oregano leaf to the drink to add flavor..
- Dry and grind the sprouts into flour. Add the mixture to ready meals and drinks.
- Wheat milk is very useful. Mix 3 tablespoons of sprouted grains with 2 tablespoons of raisins. Fill with warm spring water and place in a cool dark place for 4-5 hours. Strain the infusion. You can store in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
Do not consume more than 2 tablespoons per day during the first days of sprouts, otherwise diarrhea may occur. After 2-3 weeks of use, you can increase the daily consumption of sprouts to 60-70 grams.
Do not include wheat germ in your diet along with fatty milk, flower honey, mushrooms. It can cause an allergic reaction and nausea..
The benefits and harms of sprouted wheat have been studied by specialists for a long time. Grains contain unique trace elements that heal all body systems. With proper germination and use of wheat, you can not only get rid of chronic diseases, but also rejuvenate the skin, strengthen joints and muscles.