How to make a classic pizza at home
If there are leftovers of various sausages and cheese in the refrigerator after a festive feast, you can quickly make a delicious pizza from them. The recipe is quite simple and even a beginner in the kitchen can cope with it..
As usual, the basis for the pizza is yeast dough and filling, which everyone chooses to his taste..
Features of making pizza dough
For the test, you first need to make a dough:
- pour yeast (dry, 1 sachet) into a container;
- pour a little sugar (no more than 0.5 tsp), stir;
- pour the dry mixture with warm water (50 g);
- break up the lumps with a spoon and set aside so that the yeast comes up a little.
Yeast according to any recipe must be dissolved in warm water, but in no case in hot.
Pour flour (2 tablespoons) and half a teaspoon of salt into a separate bowl. Slowly adding the yeast base, gently knead the dough. The result is a fairly tight mass – it’s not scary, the dough will “settle” and become soft. Knead the dough and form into a ball. If necessary, add more flour – the dough should be elastic, homogeneous, without lumps and cracks.
Grease the finished dough well on all sides with olive oil and put in a warm place so that it fits.
In order for the pizza to turn out juicy, it is recommended to add tomato sauce to its composition. The recipe for its preparation is also not complicated:
- chop 1 small onion;
- finely chop three garlic cloves;
- fry a little onion with garlic in oil;
- add tomato paste (100 g) to them and warm up for several minutes without water, and then add liquid in such an amount to make a thick sauce;
- put seasonings: lavrushka, fresh or dried basil, sugar (1-2 tablespoons), ground pepper and salt to taste;
- simmer the sauce for 20 minutes.
Prepare a baking sheet and roll out a thin layer of dough according to its size. Grease the mold with oil or put parchment, lay the dough and smooth it again. Place the baking sheet in a preheated oven for 2 minutes, so that the dough rises slightly.
Now it’s time to start laying out the filling. Spread the dough that has come up in the oven generously with the prepared sauce, put the thinly sliced sausage on top and sprinkle with hard cheese. If desired, you can put fresh tomatoes.
To make the cheese in the pizza last, it is better to use a mixture of two varieties: cheese with a hard structure such as parmesan and mozzarella. Grate hard cheese, and soft cheese can simply be finely chopped.
Place the pizza in the oven for a quarter of an hour until golden brown. Last of all, put greens on the ready-made pizza.