What is the recipe for making tomato juice for the winter, having only a sieve?
At home, not every hostess has a juicer or meat grinder, but everyone has a desire to enjoy a tomato. It doesn’t matter, you will have tomato juice for the winter. The sieve recipe will help bring this wonderful and healthy liquid to life..
Which sieve to choose?
To obtain tomato mass, you can use different types of sieves. If you have a lot of vegetables and need to grind them as quickly as possible, it is best to use a mechanical sieve. Such a device will quickly cope with tomatoes loaded into it. Those planning to close just a couple of jars of tomato juice through a sieve for the winter, you can use the usual manual device for cleaning vegetables.
Tomato juice through a sieve: option 1
This option assumes canning of pure tomatoes without additives according to the standard recipe..
- Thoroughly washed 1.5 kg tomato, cut into pieces.
- Pour the chopped pieces into a bowl or saucepan, heat until boiling. After boiling, the tomato mass should cool slightly so that it is more convenient to do it on a sieve in the future..
- Place the boiled tomatoes in a sieve and rub. As a press, you can use a metal pusher (the one used to make mashed potatoes) or a wooden gurney. Whom it is more convenient. Some have gotten used to doing it just with their hands.
- The resulting juice is diluted in bulk: 2 teaspoons of sugar and salt. You can make your own proportions to taste.
- Pour the mixture into a saucepan and boil.
- Pour into sterilized jars and seal. Wrap up and set aside for cooling.
With 1.2 kg of juicy tomatoes, you can get 1 liter of liquid, and with fleshy tomatoes – 0.8 liters.
Tomato through a sieve: option 2
In this case, the addition of another vegetable or spices to ordinary tomato juice through a sieve is provided at home. Below is a recipe for an example of adding garlic to obtain a specific flavor..
- Boil tomatoes.
- Wipe on a hand-held metal sieve.
- Pass 3 garlic cloves through a garlic press and place on the bottom of the jar.
- Pour a couple of tablespoons and a tablespoon of sugar into an empty jar of salt.
- Boil a tomato.
- Pour the boiling tomato into the container and tighten the lid. Wrap, no need to flip.
If there is no sieve, a colander can replace its function..
Tomato juice through a sieve: option 3
Step-by-step instructions suggest a recipe for canning tomato juice for the winter through a sieve with pulp. A feature of the option under consideration is that it does not contain the standard item “boil tomatoes”, but instead, the resulting puree requires sterilization before rolling.
- Wash 1.2 kg of ripe tomatoes. Pour boiling water over and remove the skin.
- Place the peeled vegetables in a colander or a metal hand sieve, use a pusher to squeeze the tomatoes.
- Add about 2 teaspoon salt to the resulting tomato puree (or to taste), pour into jars and put in a pot of water to sterilize.
- After 15 minutes, take out the jars and tighten with sterilized lids. Turn over and wrap warm.
The sterilization time for cans with contents depends on the size of the cans. For example, a 0.5 liter jar requires a 10 minute boil.
Tomato through a sieve: option 4
This recipe for tomato juice through a sieve differs from others in its original raw materials. Here, the basis for the tomato is yellow tomato varieties. For making canned juice, honey spas or persimmon are perfect. They are quite juicy and there will be little remaining juice after wiping. Tomatoes such as yellow dates and honey drops are best preserved whole, although they are also suitable for juice, just more hassle. Tomato made from yellow tomatoes is perfect for those who are allergic to red vegetables. Its beneficial substances help cleanse the body, reduce the possibility of the formation of cancer cells, help rejuvenate the body, etc..
- Wash yellow vegetables and cut into arbitrary parts.
- Boil the slices in a saucepan, stirring frequently. The thick flesh of the tomato can burn. If you start to encounter this, it is advisable to inject a little water.
- Pass the cooked puree through a sieve.
- Pour a pinch of salt into the resulting mass, sugar is not needed, tomatoes are already sweet. Pour into a saucepan and put it on low heat.
- Pour into jars, lightly cover with a lid and sterilize in a saucepan for 10 minutes.
- Cork and wrap with warm cloth for a day.
There are a lot of recipes for the winter of tomato juice obtained through a sieve. In the process of preparing the blank, you can add to the standard list of ingredients: bell pepper, dill, bay leaf, celery, vinegar, and even a mix with beet juice or apple.
Delicious preparations and vitamin winter for you!