Simple step-by-step recipes for lazy cabbage rolls with photos at home
Lazy cabbage rolls, a recipe with a photo step by step of which any housewife should definitely have, is an excellent alternative to the usual option. They taste the same, but they take much less time to cook. In addition, there is no need to worry that the cabbage leaf will break and the appearance of the dish will be ruined. Lazy cabbage rolls can be prepared from any kind of minced meat with the addition of rice or buckwheat. There are also lean recipes that are suitable, among other things, as a side dish for meat dishes..
See also the article: Peking cabbage cabbage rolls!
Lazy stuffed cabbage rolls and tips for making them
Lazy cabbage rolls are made from the same ingredients as the classic version – minced meat, cabbage and cereals. In the traditional recipe, minced meat is wrapped in cabbage leaves and stewed over low heat in a sauce, and this manipulation is not always possible even for experienced housewives. Lazy stuffed cabbage rolls are prepared much easier – all components are crushed, mixed and cooked in a pan or oven. It is convenient to form them like cutlets and cook for future use: send a small amount to the stove immediately, and freeze the rest in the freezer.
Many children do not like cabbage, and it is very difficult to persuade them to eat ordinary cabbage rolls completely. In a lazy recipe, all the ingredients are mixed, so the child will not only eat meat with rice, but also vegetables..
There are some tips on how to make lazy cabbage rolls delicious and how to choose the right foods for them:
- meat for minced meat can be chosen from fatty varieties (pork) – it keeps its shape better, and cabbage and cereals neutralize fat;
- before cooking, rice should be poured with hot water or boiled until half cooked;
- the percentage of rice to meat should be at least 1/3 and not more than 2/3 – if there is more of it, stuffed cabbage will not keep its shape, and if less, then they will not be juicy enough;
- white cabbage is most often used – the main thing is that it is fresh, and the shape of the leaves does not matter.
Lazy cabbage rolls are a separate dish. They contain both protein and carbohydrates, and a large amount of fiber. The way they are served depends on the composition and preparation method. Tomato sauce is usually used, but you can experiment with it – it goes well with sour cream, mustard and various seasonings.
On the subject: lazy cabbage rolls in the oven!
Cooking in a slow cooker
Cooking lazy cabbage rolls in a multicooker is much more convenient – here you can select the desired mode and simplify the task even more.
For this recipe, you will need the same ingredients as for classic cabbage rolls:
- a pound of minced meat;
- 200-300 g of fresh cabbage;
- carrots – 1 or 2 pieces;
- small onions – 2 pieces;
- a glass of rice;
- 1 egg;
- a few tablespoons of thick tomato paste;
- salt and pepper to taste.
Cooking cabbage rolls in a multicooker takes no more than an hour. The process is accelerated due to the fact that the dish is stewed not in the oven or in a pan, but with the correct mode.
However, several products will have to be prepared separately before placing them in the multicooker:
- Cabbage is cut into pieces or tinder on a coarse grater. Then pour boiling water over it and leave it in a separate container. It will be needed later, when forming cabbage rolls, but for now it should soften a little.
- Grate onions and carrots (half of the entire portion) and spread on the bottom of the multicooker form. This will be a layer on which you will later need to put lazy cabbage rolls..
- Rice must be boiled separately until half cooked, or simply pour boiling water over it. It should not crumble during the formation of stuffed cabbage.
- The next step is to prepare the minced meat. In a separate container, you need to combine meat, cabbage, rice, the second half of vegetables, add an egg, salt and spices.
- Small balls are formed from minced meat and put in the form of a multicooker on a vegetable pillow. It is better if they will be placed in one layer, but you can lay out in several.
- Next, the cabbage rolls need to be poured with sauce. For this, tomato paste is mixed with sour cream and spices, and then diluted with water until smooth. The amount of sauce should allow it to completely cover the cabbage rolls.
The multicooker is switched on to the “extinguishing” mode. The dish should cook for at least 20 minutes, after which it can be immediately laid out on plates and served. The sauce in these cabbage rolls turns out to be liquid, and its leftovers can be used as a gravy for side dishes..
Lazy stuffed cabbage rolls in the oven
The classic recipe is lazy cabbage rolls with rice and minced meat. Better to use ground pork or ground beef to make the dish more juicy..
A complete list of ingredients for making lazy cabbage rolls in the oven will include:
- 600 g minced meat;
- half a medium white cabbage;
- 2 eggs;
- 60 g of large rice;
- a few pinches of black pepper and salt (to taste);
- 1 medium carrot and 2 onions.
The components for the sauce are prepared separately. In the traditional recipe for lazy cabbage rolls, it is made from tomato paste with the addition of salt and spices. If the paste is too thick, it will have to be diluted with water. Another option is to use spiced tomato juice. In the process of stewing stuffed cabbage, excess liquid evaporates and turns into a fragrant sauce.
A step-by-step recipe for lazy cabbage rolls with a photo in the oven will consist of the following steps:
- First you need to prepare vegetables for minced meat – onions and carrots. They are cleaned, grated and sent to the pan. Saute the frying over low heat until a golden hue appears, and then remove from the stove and leave to cool.
- The next step is to cook the rice. It is washed under cold water and then simmered until cooked. After the cereal is removed from the stove, it must be rinsed again under water. So it won’t keep steaming in a hot pot..
- Next, you need to finely chop the cabbage – this is the last ingredient that you need to make minced meat. You can also grind it in a blender – this option is suitable if you need to mask the presence of this component in the finished dish..
- All components are combined in a separate container, salt and pepper are added to taste. It is important that the finished minced meat does not disintegrate. If it turns out to be not dense enough and does not hold its shape well, you can additionally add another egg.
- Then cabbage rolls need to be formed from minced meat, they will resemble cutlets. Lazy cabbage rolls are fried in a pan until golden brown. There is no need to fry them until fully cooked, since they will go through another stage of cooking.
- Next, cabbage rolls need to be placed in the oven and continue to simmer them in the sauce. For this, tomato juice or paste is combined with sour cream, salt and spices. The dish is baked in the oven at a temperature of 180-200 degrees, after which it is immediately served on the table.
The only thing that can be served with cabbage rolls is fresh vegetables. They cannot be combined with meat dishes and side dishes, since they contain both carbohydrate and protein components..
Recipe in the oven without roasting
Lazy cabbage rolls with minced cabbage and cabbage can be prepared in an easier way. Minced meat cutlets will not need to be fried in a pan – just stew them in the oven with sauce.
List of ingredients you need to cook lazy cabbage rolls in the oven:
- 500-600 g of mixed minced meat (half beef with pork);
- fresh vegetables: 200 g of cabbage, carrots (1-2 pieces) and 2 small onions;
- 100 g dry rice;
- 1 spoonful of flour;
- 1-2 eggs;
- 3-4 fresh tomatoes and a few tablespoons of tomato paste for the sauce;
- salt, pepper to taste.
A step-by-step recipe for lazy cabbage rolls with a photo will come in handy for every housewife. This dish is healthy, natural and satisfying, and only simple and affordable ingredients are needed to prepare it. If you replace the minced meat with a less fatty one (for example, chicken), the stuffed cabbage will turn out to be dietary. They are prepared without the addition of fat and vegetable oils, therefore they contain no more than 150 calories in 1 piece..
- The first step is preparing the cabbage. It must be finely chopped or poured with boiling water so that it becomes softer and then completely extinguished. If young cabbage, Peking cabbage or other types and varieties of cabbage are used for the preparation of lazy cabbage, it is enough to simply cut it.
- In a separate container, you need to rinse the rice under water and boil it over low heat. After boiling, it is enough for it to languish for another 10-15 minutes. If it remains insufficiently cooked, it will not be felt in the finished dish. The main thing is that the groats keep their shape and do not interfere with the formation of stuffed cabbage.
- The next stage is the preparation of the sauce in which the cabbage rolls will languish. First you need to finely grate the onions and carrots. The onion is sent to the pan, and after the appearance of a golden crust, part of it (2-3 tablespoons) is separated for adding to the minced meat. Carrots are added to the remaining amount of onions and the frying is continued. When it becomes light and transparent, about a third of the vegetables are set aside for later – they will come in handy when laying stuffed cabbage rolls on a baking sheet. For the rest of the vegetables, add a spoonful of flour, tomato paste, and, if possible, juice or tomatoes chopped in a blender or meat grinder.
- Next, the actual minced meat is prepared for stuffed cabbage. All ingredients are ready, it remains to combine them in one container. The stuffed cabbage should include minced meat, pre-chopped cabbage, an egg, and fried onions. Rice is added at the very end of cooking – it should be warm and easy to knead in your hands, without crumbling.
- Small cutlets are formed from minced meat. At the bottom of the baking dish, be sure to put the vegetables that are left after making the sauce. Lazy cabbage rolls are placed on top in one layer. They are baked for about 20 minutes at a temperature of 200 degrees..
- When the cabbage rolls are covered with a golden crust, they can be stewed with sauce. They should be completely covered with it, and if the sauce is not enough or it turns out to be too thick, you just need to dilute it with water. In this form, the dish should be cooked at a low temperature (150-170 degrees) for 40-50 minutes. After that, lazy cabbage rolls can be taken out of the oven and served with sour cream..
If cabbage rolls are cooked without first frying in a pan, it is important to make sure that the meat does not remain raw. They will turn out to be more juicy if, after adding the sauce, wrap the form in foil..
Stuffed cabbage recipe for the laziest
Very lazy cabbage rolls are an option for those who have all the necessary ingredients, but do not have the time or desire to stand behind the stove for a long time. They will look like a homogeneous minced meat and cabbage stew with gravy. Ingredient List:
- 700 g of pork or ground beef, can be replaced with chicken or combined;
- 1 medium head of cabbage;
- carrots – 2-3 pieces;
- 2 onions;
- 3 large tomatoes or tomato paste;
- salt, pepper to taste.
To prepare the laziest cabbage rolls, you need a large saucepan. Separately, you need to prepare a frying pan for frying vegetables and a small container in which rice will be cooked. Even a novice cook can handle this dish..
- If you need to defrost meat, take it out of the freezer in advance and leave it at room temperature. At this time, onions and carrots must be chopped and lightly fried in a pan until golden brown..
- The minced meat is transferred to a frying pan with vegetables and left over low heat under the lid for 15 minutes. In the process, it must be constantly stirred. The meat will not be fried in 15 minutes, but this time is enough. The minced meat is removed from the heat and allowed to cool slightly..
- While the meat is cooling, chop the cabbage with a knife or grater. Then it is placed in a separate frying pan and cooked in a little vegetable oil. It should also soften a little, but it is not brought to full readiness..
- The next step is to prepare fresh tomatoes. They are washed, cut into small pieces and ground in a blender until puree. If tomato paste is used instead of tomatoes, this step should be skipped..
- Next, you need to combine all the ingredients in a large saucepan and send them to the fire. The first layer is cabbage, it is laid out so that it completely covers the bottom. Next comes minced meat with vegetables, you can add fresh seasonal herbs to it. This is followed by another layer of cabbage. At the end, pour over tomato paste or fresh tomato puree. The dish should be simmered over low heat under the lid for 30-40 minutes.
Very lazy stuffed cabbage rolls in a pan are an option for an everyday menu. You can also cook rice separately and serve it as a side dish, and separately stew the meat with cabbage. Such minced meat also goes well with buckwheat porridge and mashed potatoes..
Lazy cabbage rolls with mushrooms and Chinese cabbage
Another variation is lean lazy cabbage rolls. Instead of fatty minced meat, mushrooms are added to them, and it is better to replace ordinary white cabbage with Peking cabbage. Such a dish turns out to be dietary, since mushrooms contain fewer calories than pork or ground beef..
To prepare lean cabbage rolls you will need:
- 200 g of mushrooms (it is better to take oyster mushrooms, but you can replace them with any other variety);
- 200 g of Chinese cabbage leaves;
- 2 spoons of rice;
- 1 medium onion;
- 1 spoon of tomato paste;
- 2 tablespoons of sour cream;
- salt, pepper, spices to taste.
Lean cabbage rolls cook much faster than classic cabbage rolls. Mushrooms are quickly cooked, unlike minced meat. This recipe is also great for saving time..
- Mushrooms and onions are chopped with a knife. They are placed in one pan and lightly fried, stirring constantly with a spatula. After 15 minutes, boiled rice is added there..
- Put whole or crushed Peking cabbage leaves in a baking container. Minced meat is placed on them, which is covered with a second layer of leaves on top. At the end, the dish is poured with tomato paste with sour cream diluted with water.
- The container is placed in the oven at 200 degrees for 30-40 minutes. When the dish is ready, it is not recommended to take it out immediately. Cabbage rolls will turn out to be more juicy if you leave them to simmer in the oven for another 10-15 minutes..
Lazy cabbage rolls with Chinese cabbage and mushrooms are simple and healthy. This recipe is perfect for a summer diet when you don’t feel like eating high-calorie meat dishes. When serving, such stuffed cabbage rolls are decorated with fresh herbs, you can serve them a separate vegetable salad.
Lazy cabbage rolls with fresh cabbage, meat and rice are a hearty and healthy dish. It is present in Polish and Russian traditional cuisine in different variations. In winter, such cabbage rolls quickly satisfy hunger due to their high calorie content. The summer option is a recipe with mushrooms and fresh vegetables. It is light and dietary, so it is suitable even for those who follow the figure..