How to salt lard quickly and tasty
How to salt lard so that guests are delighted with it is a question that is relevant at all times. A snack that melts in your mouth leaves few people indifferent, so many housewives are trying to find the ideal technology for its preparation.
How to salt lard at home so that it has a great taste, not all housewives know.
The fact is that for a gastronomic effect, it is important to know some of the secrets and nuances of preparing a snack:
- The main rule of salting is the choice of quality raw materials. The fat must be taken from the abdomen or back of a young pig so that it has meat layers. Ideally if the animal was raised in a rural area or on a farm.
- It is very important that the skin on the bacon is thin, then the finished product will turn out to be more delicate..
- The depth of the layer should be 3 cm.The usefulness of the product depends on this..
- The ingredient should have a homogeneous consistency, have a white color on the cut with a shade of pink. If you pierce high-quality bacon with a knife, you will feel density and resistance..
- You need to salt it with ordinary table salt. You cannot replace it with a variety of extra or iodized salt..
- For salting, you must use garlic, which gives the appetizer a piquancy and a special aroma..
- The finished dish must be frozen..
Lard can be safely called a universal product. It is served on its own, with rye bread and onions, for borscht, sandwich snacks and spreads are prepared on the basis of bacon. Potatoes fried in lard are very tasty. Some cooks add it to various fillings: for pies, dumplings, dumplings.
In addition to excellent taste, lard contains useful substances, fatty acids, vitamins, macro- and microelements, and contains selenium. Daily use of 30 g of the product can improve health.
Nutritionists have proven that, in limited quantities, it is useful even for people who adhere to diets..
Salting recipes: salted mackerel at home is very tasty in brine!
How to salt lard in different ways
In cooking, there are many options for how to salt lard. There are recipes under pressure, in a milled form, in a marinade, some methods allow you to use the product several hours after cooking, and for some it is recommended to keep the product for more than a week. Having experimented in the kitchen, each housewife can choose the right recipe just for herself..
Salted lard in glass containers
In a jar – one of the traditional and most delicious salting options. Its difference lies in the fact that the lard is well saturated with brine, acquires a juicy taste. Such a product will be the best addition to meat borscht and other first courses..
What you need for the salting:
- half a liter of water;
- lard – 500 g;
- a couple of bay leaves;
- table salt – 50 g;
- peppercorns – 5 pcs.;
- garlic – 2 cloves.
How to cook lard:
- Cut the bacon into small pieces, the length of which can be 5-8 cm.Rinse, wipe with a napkin, put in a jar of the required volume.
- Pour pepper, laurel, your favorite spices into the water, salt, put the mixture on fire, wait for a boil. Add chopped garlic to the hot brine, leave for 5-10 minutes.
- Pour the fragrant marinade into a jar, cover with a lid. Soak lard in brine for 4 days.
The brine must be poured to the edges of the jar. The liquid should completely cover all pieces of bacon..
How to salt sandwich bacon
What is included in the snack:
- bacon with a meat layer – 1 kg;
- salt – 80 g;
- head of garlic;
- ground pepper – 40 g;
- Crumble the laurel leaf, combine with the garlic squeezed through the garlic, add all loose components.
- Chop pure bacon into rectangular pieces, leaving the skin uncut, dry.
- Thoroughly rub the spice mixture into the blanks.
- Divide into packages, send for 5 hours in the cold.
After cooling, a sample can be taken. Thinly sliced bacon salted in this way is ideal for rye bread sandwiches.
Hot salting method
According to this recipe, lard has a delicate and refined taste. When stored in a freezer chamber, its shelf life is extended up to a year. The ideal option for cooking would be slices with a layer.
- bacon – 750 g;
- coarse salt – 6 tbsp. l .;
- laurel – 1 pc.;
- peppercorns – 10 pcs.;
- cloves – 3 pcs.;
- head of garlic;
- water – 1.5 l.
- 3 tablespoons of salt;
- 30 g pepper mixture;
- pinch of paprika.
- Cut the main ingredient into pieces, place in a deep bowl.
- In a container with boiling water, add pepper, salt, bay leaves, cloves, garlic plates, boil for a couple of minutes.
- Pour hot marinade into a basin, cover with a dish on top, put the load. After cooling down, put the dishes in the refrigerator for at least four days.
- On the fifth day, chop the head of garlic, combine with the rest of the ingredients for rubbing.
- Pull out the bacon, wipe with a napkin, roll all the pieces well in the fragrant mixture. Wrap each one individually in food wrap, put in the refrigerator.
When salting lard at home according to this recipe, the product is stored for a long time. If after a couple of days the delicacy is not over, it must be moved to the freezer until the next use..
Lard in onion husks
The way how to salt lard so that it is environmentally friendly, but similar to smoked.
The composition of the dish:
- litere of water;
- kilogram of bacon;
- 60 g granulated sugar;
- head of garlic;
- 2 leaves of lavrushka;
- onion peel;
- 7 fruits of prunes;
- a glass of salt;
- 2 tbsp. l. ground pepper.
- Rinse the onion peel thoroughly, add water, add granulated sugar, pepper, salt, cook. After the start of boiling, add prunes and bay leaves to the colored solution, boil for another minute.
- Put slices of the main component in boiling brine, cook for a quarter of an hour. Remove from stove. When the container and its contents are completely cool, put it in the refrigerator.
- After a day, take out the product, dry it, grind it with a mixture of chopped garlic and seasonings, wrap it in film, keep in a cool room for three hours.
Such fat has an attractive appearance and beautiful color, it can be stored in the freezer for up to a year..
How to salt lard without brine
Dry method of salting lard, without cooking. The proportions of the components in the recipe are not respected, the products are allowed to be taken by eye.
- a mixture of peppers;
- Dip chopped bacon in the same pieces in a mass of spices and crushed garlic.
- Place the pieces in a container, fill the free space with salt, close the lid, keep in the refrigerator for 10 days.
Before use, you should shake off excess seasonings from the treats..
- bacon – 3 kg;
- peppercorns – 15 pcs.;
- salt – 0.4 kg;
- laurel – 4 leaves;
- garlic – 1 head;
- ground pepper – 1 tsp;
- coriander – 15 g.
Cooking technology in Ukrainian:
- Peel the garlic, cut into slices.
- Rinse lard under water, dry, cut into bars.
- Combine spices with chopped laurel, carefully grate the main ingredient, transfer to an enamel bowl, the bottom of which is covered with salt. Cover with garlic on all sides. Leave the product in this state for a day, covered with a napkin.
- After 24 hours, put the container in the refrigerator for two days, then pack it up. Store in a freezer.
No need to be afraid to oversalt the product, it absorbs just as much spices as needed.
Lard in Belarusian
A distinctive feature of the home-style lard recipe, which is customary to cook in Belarus, is the presence of cumin.
For the salting you will need:
- 2 kg of lard;
- 50 g cumin;
- 130 g salt;
- 10 laurel leaves;
- 2 heads of garlic;
- 50 g peppercorns;
- 1.2 l of water.
Step by step recipe:
- Dissolve salt in water, put peeled bacon in it, bring to a boil, put in a cold room for 2 days.
- Remove the lard from the brine, make several cuts in it and coat it liberally with a mixture of chopped seasonings.
- Wrap the product in parchment, put it in the refrigerator for 6 days, and then in the freezer for 3 days.
The easiest salted lard recipe
- fresh lard – 1000 g;
- ground pepper – ½ tsp;
- coarse salt – ½ glasses.
- Rinse the main ingredient thoroughly, chop, dry completely.
- Grate on all sides with a mixture of pepper and salt, place in several bags, tie, leave for 6 hours, then send to a cool place for three days.
Before serving, shake off the salt from the product or wash it off, put what remains not eaten in the freezer.
How to salt lard in the Prague method
- pork belly – 3 kg;
- a couple of heads of garlic;
- ground pepper;
- pork spices.
- Rinse the brisket with water, cut.
- Peel the garlic, crush, mix with spices, rub each piece of brisket thoroughly with the resulting mass. Leave to marinate for an hour
- Divide the pickled bacon into bags, put them in a saucepan with water, put on high heat. After boiling, reduce the flame, cook for 2-3 hours.
- Put the brisket out of the bags, let it cool, rub it again with a mixture of seasonings with garlic, wrap in foil, take it to a cold place for several hours.
The bags must be tied tightly so that no air remains inside them..
Salting lard at home is not a difficult process that every housewife can handle. All you need is a few inexpensive products and some free time. But the result is a very tasty and aromatic snack that can renew brain tissue and provide the body with a charge of energy and strength. In addition, lard contains in its composition a lot of healing properties, especially necessary in the cold season..