For evening tea, puff pastry
Homemade puff pastry is not the easiest and fastest dish. Of course, you can buy ready-made dough at any grocery store, but then it won’t turn out as delicious as if you make it yourself. The main thing is to follow the recipe and not rush at every stage. Only a few ingredients are required. Prepare such a dough in two parts.
For the first part of the test you will need:
- 200 grams of margarine;
- 2/3 cup flour.
For the second one:
- 2 cups of flour;
- 1 egg;
- ¼ lemon juice;
- a pinch of salt.
How to cook:
- For the first part of the dough, you need to get the margarine out of the refrigerator and let it warm up a little, then chop finely and mix with flour. Blind the ball and put it aside.
- Now you need to prepare the second part. In a separate bowl, combine flour, salt and lemon juice.
- Beat the egg and 2/3 cup of boiled water, pour into flour. Pull out well with your hands, you can add flour if it turns out to be watery, the main thing is not to overdo it and not make it too steep, otherwise the baking will be tough.
- Roll out both parts of the dough not too thinly in a rectangle. On the first part, put the second closer to one of the edges so that you can wrap it in an envelope. Wrap up the nearest edge first, then on the sides and finally cover with the rest.
- Put the dough envelope on a plate and refrigerate for half an hour, no need to cover.
- Roll out the dough so that you can roll it up again in an envelope, then back into the refrigerator for half an hour, in total this procedure must be repeated three times. After that, you can start baking..
There are countless options for what can be made from puff pastry: pies, cookies, cakes, pastries, buns and even pasties.
The dough can be stored in the freezer for two weeks, just wrap it in a bag or plastic wrap. Before cooking, it will take 1.5-2 hours to defrost it. Below are the most popular puff pastry recipes with photos.
Cheese puffs made from ready-made puff pastry
You will need: ready-made dough, any kind of cheese (it is better to use the one that is easier to cut) and a little vegetable oil.
We form puffs:
- Cut the dough into rectangles, about 10 by 12 centimeters each, cut half of them.
- Put a small piece of cheese on one half (whole) and cover it with dough with holes, blind the edges together and grease with butter. Repeat with whole test.
- Cover the baking sheet with baking paper, put the puffs on it so that they do not touch each other, cook for half an hour in the oven at 180 ° C.
Another delicious puff pastry product is pies. You need few products: a pound of dough, the same amount of chicken fillet, one onion and pepper, salt to taste.
We form pies:
- Roll out the dough no more than half a centimeter thick, cut mugs out of it with a glass or a glass.
- Cut the meat into small cubes, chop the onion and fry everything together in a little oil.
- Put the filling on the dough, pinch the circles around the edges.
- Bake in the oven at 20 ° C for twenty minutes.
For a festive table, you can also make something from puff pastry, for example, “Roses” puffs. For 3-4 servings, you need to take 250 grams of dough, 200 ml of water, 2 apples and 3 tbsp. tablespoons of sugar.
- Roll out the dough thinly, cut into strips (3 centimeters wide, 15 long)
- Peel and chop the apples into thin slices, no more than two millimeters in thickness.
- Bring water with sugar to a boil, boil apple slices in it for three minutes.
- Put the fruits on the dough so that they protrude slightly from one edge, then roll each strip into a neat rose and fasten with a toothpick.
- Bake for half an hour at 200 ° C.
There are many recipes for puff pastry, one of them, “Tubes”, is especially popular with children. In the list of ingredients; 0.5 kg of dough, 0.5 teaspoon of citric acid, 75 ml of water, 230 grams of sugar and 2 protein. To shape, you will need metal baking cones, if there are none, then you can make it out of cardboard and wrap it with cling film.
We form tubes:
- Cut the dough into strips half a centimeter thick and overlap each cone. Place in the oven for ten minutes at a temperature of 220 ° C.
- Pour sugar with boiling water and stir until completely dissolved, add citric acid and boil over low heat until bubbles form at the bottom.
- Beat the whites until foamy, pour the sugar syrup into them and stir for fifteen minutes, then pour into the cooled tubes.
From unusual baking recipes from puff pastry, hot dogs are in the lead. For cooking, you need to take 0.4 kg of dough, 6 sausages, 100 grams of cheese, an egg and spices to taste.
Cooking hot dogs:
- Roll out the dough as usual and cut into strips..
- Grease each strip with sauce (you can use any sauce, including regular ketchup), sprinkle with spices and cheese.
- Wrap each sausage with a strip of dough, put on a baking sheet and brush with a beaten egg.
- Cook in the oven for twenty minutes at 180 ° C.
For intoxicating drinks, there are some good recipes for baking puff yeast dough. For pies, for example, you will need:
- 400 grams of cheese;
- a tomato;
- 100 grams of salami;
- 100 grams of cheese.
We form pies:
- Roll out the dough, cut into squares.
- Combine grated cheese, chopped boiled egg, chopped salami and olives.
- Put the filling on dough squares, close up the edges and bake until golden brown at a temperature of 200 ° C.
There is hardly a person who has never bought such a cookie, and this is also a puff pastry that you can easily cook yourself. All you need is sugar, cinnamon and a pound of dough.
- Roll out the dough so that its thickness is no more than half a centimeter.
- Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon. Roll up with a roll to the middle, first one edge and then the second. Thinly slice the resulting double roll. Place in the oven for twenty minutes at a temperature of 200 ° C.