The amazing taste of homemade cherry liqueur
There is not a single person who has not tried the cherry liqueur. However, few people made it on their own, relying on a recipe for sweet cherry liqueur at home. Observing all the stages of preparation, the liqueur is obtained with a relative strength and has a delicate aroma. There are several basic descriptions according to which this alcoholic elixir is made. Sweet cherries for liqueur must be ripe without spoiled fruits and dirt. Berries for the recipe can be taken with or without seeds. It should be remembered that the presence of seeds gives a taste of bitterness, so their use is not for everybody. Opponents of the use of seeds in dishes promise their dangers, because they contain hydrocyanic acid. Admirers of the almond note argue that this is exactly the feature of sweet cherry alcohol. The choice is yours!
Before making a sweet cherry liqueur, you need to familiarize yourself with a variety of recipes. The main distinguishing feature of different cooking options is the presence or absence of alcohol. As an alcoholic additive can be not only alcohol, but also vodka or cognac. Accordingly, the result obtained will differ in strength, color and taste..
Cherry pouring without vodka
Cherry liqueur turns out to be of good strength even without adding alcohol to it. The creation of this alcohol requires 3 weeks of preparation, the main part of which will be fermentation. For the recipe, prepare about 2 kg of cherries, 800 grams of sugar and 0.25 liters of plain water.
- Extract seeds from washed berries.
- Pour 200 grams of sugar into the bottom of a clean 3-liter jar. Then fill it in layers to the top with ingredients: a layer of berries, a layer of sugar.
- Put on a medical rubber glove on top of the glass container, tightly fastening it along the neck with a rope. Make a thin puncture in one of the fingers of the glove so that the gases formed as a result of fermentation have an outlet. If it is possible to attach a water seal, then it is better to use it instead of a medical mitten. Homemade cherry liqueur ferments for up to three weeks in a warm, sunny place while the glove is inflated like a balloon. A deflated glove means the end of fermentation.
- Strain the mixture using cheesecloth or sieve.
- After three days, filter the liquid again and pack it into presentable bottles for storage.
Cherry pouring with vodka
The implementation of this pleasant liqueur will require a kilogram of cherries. To turn them into an alcoholic drink, you will need 2 liters of vodka, a pound of sugar and 0.4 liters of cold water.
The absence of vodka can be replaced with 96% alcohol. 2 liters of vodka = 1 liter of alcohol.
- Get rid of juicy berries from seeds, preserving as much as possible all the juice that flows out. Send all prepared fruits to bottles / jars.
- Combine vodka with water. Pour the alcoholic mixture into the bottles with the contents, close the lid and ferment in a dark, cool place for 10 days.
- After the allotted time, strain the cherry mass through a sieve or cheesecloth. Mix the remaining pulp on a sieve with sugar and place again in the jar for a week, covering the neck with gauze. The strained liquid (the main part of the liqueur) will simply wait for its fate for a week. It can be sent to a jar or bottle.
- After 7 days, strain the fermented pulp again, combine the resulting liquid with the main part. The pouring of cherries on alcohol is thoroughly shaken and infused for about a day.
- Bottle, cork and store 4 months in a cool place.
Pouring cherry on cognac
An elite alcoholic drink made from berries is obtained by adding cognac to it. Even fastidious connoisseurs of such works will be delighted with the resulting taste and color. For a recipe for cherry liqueur at home with the introduction of cognac, you will need 600 grams of berries and half a liter of cognac. Sugar, in a volume of 50 grams, will help create fermentation conditions. To create a piquant aftertaste, you should use caraway seeds, cloves and cinnamon, the amount of which should be taken to taste..
- Make punctures in clean berries to extract juice. You do not need to remove the bones.
- Send such fruits into a jar along with spices.
- Fry the sugar in a clean, dry skillet. Pour it into a jar with cherries.
- Pour brandy into the ingredients so that it completely covers them. Shake well and close tightly with a lid. Leave a dark room for two months without sudden changes in temperature.
- Strain the liqueur. The resulting liquid should be packaged in bottles intended for long-term storage.
During the ripening of berries on garden trees, be sure to remember the recipes for homemade sweet cherry liqueur.