Quick and easy recipes for party appetizers
For organizing a corporate party or family celebration, interesting recipes for snacks on the festive table will come in handy. Prepare 5-7 different snacks for a fragrant barbecue or grilled chicken, and you will not be ashamed to invite dear guests to the table. We offer a selection of the most delicious hot and cold snacks based on meat, fish and vegetables. Such dishes are not difficult to prepare at work with colleagues or at home..
See also the article: how to salt herring?
Vegetable-based snack recipes for a festive table
Don’t ignore snacks that are free of meat and fish. Practice shows that such light dishes leave the festive table very well. They are very economical in terms of costs, and they look no less appetizing than meat ones. Common ingredients of such snacks are often tomatoes, eggplants, zucchini, mushrooms, which are combined with herbs, cheese, hot sauces.
Baked Tomatoes with Parmesan
Not a single festive meal is complete without tomatoes. However, this tasty vegetable has such a drawback as quick wilting when cut. In salads, it also quickly gives juice. There is a way out – bake the stuffed tomatoes in the oven. We offer a recipe for baked tomatoes with parmesan and herbs, which you can beat and improve according to your taste or according to the preferences of the guests.
For a snack we need:
- 800 g medium-sized tomatoes (cream is better);
- 300 g parmesan (or other hard cheese);
- 2 garlic cloves;
- 2-3 bunches of greens (celery, dill, cilantro, mint);
- 180 g of olive oil;
- 50 g sunflower oil.
Cooking baked tomatoes with parmesan step by step:
- Wash the tomatoes and herbs thoroughly, peel the garlic. Parmesan and chives grate.
- Add bread crumb, ground in a meat grinder or in a blender, to cheese soaked in garlic. The filling is ready.
- Cut the cream in half, core out and place center down on a baking sheet lined with baking paper. In this state, they should lie down for 10-20 minutes to dry..
- During this time, prepare a sauce of chopped herbs and olive oil. You can take any greens, or replace them with dried herbs (for example, hops-suneli).
- Gently place the pickled tomatoes in a bowl, being careful not to break. Pour over the prepared sauce, mix gently. The sauce should coat the tomatoes evenly. In such a marinade, vegetables should stand for 30 minutes.
- Arrange the tomatoes on the baking sheet with the notch facing up. Marinade, which remained in a bowl, distribute over the tomato slices.
- Fill the tomatoes, sprinkle with herbs (fresh or dried) and place the oven for 10-15 minutes at 150º.
- Transfer the finished stuffed tomatoes to a plate after they have cooled completely, otherwise they may fall apart.
Such a dish can be made in advance and placed in the refrigerator. It will look presentable the next day..
The main thing in this recipe is not to overexpose the tomatoes in the oven. Cheese should not be allowed to melt. Tomatoes should be slightly dried.
Eggplant and Sweet Red Pepper Terrine
Did you know that eggplants can compete with meat in terms of energy value, and that lemons are inferior to bell peppers in terms of vitamin C content. A maximum of useful substances are stored in these vegetables, if you prepare terrine from them – a juicy French dish that is worthy of the New Year’s table. They do it the day before the celebration. Before serving, the terrine should be infused at least overnight in the refrigerator..
To prepare snacks you will need:
- 250 g mozzarella (can be replaced with suluguni);
- 1 bunch of basil, 2 bunches of parsley;
- 120 ml of unrefined sunflower oil;
- 5 pieces of medium sized eggplant;
- 5 pieces of bell peppers;
- teaspoon of salt.
Step by step preparation of terrine:
- Wash the pepper, remove the seeds, cut into slices and bake for 15 minutes. in an oven heated to 200º.
- Put the baked peppers in a separate bowl and cover with cling film. When it cools down, remove the skin from it.
- Wash the eggplants, cut off the sides and tail, cut into plates 0.8 cm in thickness.
- Grease the eggplant plates generously with vegetable oil and fry each side. You do not need to pour oil into the pan. Salt eggplants after frying. Eggplants salted before heat treatment will let juice and burn.
- Cut the cheese into thin slices 50 mm thick.
- Rinse the greens thoroughly, let them drain and chop.
- It is convenient to collect terrine in a deep dish covered with a large diameter cling film. Lay the eggplants overlap, so that they hang from the plate.
- Place the baked peppers, cheese and herbs, alternating between them. Close the filling with the ends of the hanging eggplant plates, on top with the edges of the cling film.
- Place oppression on the terrine and send the entire structure to the refrigerator for 8-10 hours.
Before serving, remove the prepared appetizer from the foil and cut into pieces. This dish completely changes the perception of the taste of pepper and eggplant. It is welcomed by guests who previously ignored these vegetables..
There is no need to peel the eggplant to prepare the terrine. She gives the dish spice and beauty..
Zucchini “logs” in garlic-sour cream sauce
If you still doubt that you can make something cooler than the famous “overseas” caviar from zucchini, try cooking them in sour cream sauce. The appetizer looks very aesthetically pleasing and is crunchy on the outside with tender, juicy, fragrant inside.
Products that will be needed for cooking “logs”:
- 4 young zucchini;
- 300 g sour cream;
- 6 cloves of garlic;
- 350 g bread crumbs;
- 350 g parmesan;
- 400 g sour cream;
- head of garlic;
- a bunch of dill;
- salt, black pepper.
Instructions for preparing snacks:
- Wash the zucchini and cut into neat cubes.
- Mash the garlic with a press, add to the sour cream along with pepper and salt, mix well.
- Grind the cheese with a grater, combine with bread crumbs.
- Dip each squash “log” first in sour cream, then roll in a mixture of cheese and crackers.
- Place the zucchini on a baking sheet lined with baking paper and place in an oven preheated to 180º. Bake until golden brown.
- While the logs are baking, you can make the sauce. Mix chopped garlic and dill with sour cream, add salt and pepper.
A hot, hearty zucchini snack is ready. This dish has two options for serving: hot and cold..
Zucchini logs can be served with sour cream and garlic sauce or with your favorite ketchup.
Pink pancake rolls
Pancakes, as well as lavash, are a universal basis for many great snacks for parties and buffets. We offer to prepare an amazing, airy appetizer: pink pancake rolls. As you may have guessed, you will need beets to prepare this colorful dish..
- 0.4 liters of milk (preferably homemade);
- 2 medium beets;
- 200 g flour;
- 2 eggs;
- 3 cloves of garlic;
- 6 tbsp. tablespoons of refined oil;
- Art. a spoonful of sugar;
- a pinch of salt.
- 400 g of curd mass;
- 200 g sour cream;
- 2 bunches of parsley;
Detailed description of making pink pancake rolls:
- Boil the beets until soft, cool and grind.
- In a deep bowl, mix the egg, milk, sunflower oil, beets, garlic, sugar, salt.
- Add flour and blend until smooth with a blender.
- Bake pink pancakes in the usual way.
- While the pancakes are cooling, make the filling. Mix cottage cheese, sour cream, salt and chopped parsley and grind to a mushy consistency.
- Put the filling on each pancake and roll it into a tube.
Cut the products prepared in this way into pieces and decorate with green sprigs of parsley.
In order for the pancake dough to turn out without lumps, the milk must first be warmed up. The exact amount of flour depends on its quality characteristics..
Recipes for appetizers for a festive table with meat
Meat appetizers can make up the majority of all meals on the festive table. They use only high-quality fresh meat of chicken, veal, turkey, pork. Recipes for appetizers for the festive table, which include meat ingredients, are distinguished by a large number of seasonings and a variety of sweet and sour and hot sauces.
Chicken roll with melted cheese
Such an appetizer will be an excellent alternative for those who are tired of the process of frying cutlets. Baked chicken roll with tender cheese will cook three times faster. Appetizing baked chicken meat and aromatic filling will leave no one indifferent. Such a dish will be especially appreciated by guests who “keep the figure” and avoid fatty foods..
Roll product list:
- 1.8 kg of chicken meat (better than breast, but you can have thighs);
- 4 medium onions;
- 10 tbsp. tablespoons of bread crumbs;
- 400 g processed cheese;
- 100 g suluguni;
- 60 g butter;
- 6 eggs;
- 3 garlic cloves;
- a large bunch of dill or parsley (or a mixture thereof);
- 100 g of sunflower or olive oil;
- salt, ground black pepper.
The process of making chicken roll step by step:
- Scroll chicken meat together with onions in a meat grinder.
- Drive a raw egg, crackers, salt and pepper into the minced meat. Stir, beat and leave in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Grind garlic, processed cheese, boiled eggs with a grater.
- Add the specified portion of butter and chopped herbs to the filling. Salt, stir, form a long sausage.
- Put the minced chicken on cling film and make it look like a rectangular cake.
- Put the filling on top of the minced meat, roll up the roll.
- Remove the foil and carefully transfer the roll to a baking sheet greased with vegetable oil. Sprinkle with chopped cheese
- Bake in an oven preheated to 200º, about 25 minutes.
This appetizer is served hot or cold. For decoration, you can use lettuce leaves, red bell pepper cut into rings, parsley sprigs.
Champignons stuffed with meat
Party appetizer recipes often include mushrooms. Champignons reveal their taste and aroma when they are baked over an open fire or in the oven. If you combine mushrooms and meat, the taste of both products will be even brighter. Stuffed champignons are an excellent treat that will decorate the festive table royally.
Foods to be prepared:
- 12 large mushrooms of the same size;
- 350 g of ground beef or pork and beef;
- 2 medium onions;
- 120 g of hard cheese;
- 1 egg;
- 50 ml of unrefined sunflower oil;
- salt and pepper.
- Peel, wash and chop the onion.
- Wash the mushrooms, drain and separate the legs.
- Chop mushroom legs and mix with onions.
- Fry the onion with mushroom legs in sunflower oil for no more than 10 minutes. Season with salt.
- Drive a raw egg, fried mushroom legs with onions into the minced meat. Add salt and pepper.
- Grease baking sheet and mushroom caps with sunflower oil.
- Form the minced meatballs and place them, compacting, in the mushroom caps
- Send the snack to the oven at 190º for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle grated cheese on the caps 7 minutes before the end of baking.
The appetizer turns out to be fragrant, juicy, looks like a sandwich. Good hot and cold.
If the model of the oven allows, set the top heating mode for the last 7 minutes of cooking. Roasting time varies by oven.
Ham rolls made from ready-made puff pastry
Instead of the usual slices of cheese and ham, you can make great filled puff rolls. They look festive, taste vaguely reminiscent of achma – Georgian puff pastry pies.
Products that you need to make rolls:
- 0.5 kg of finished puff pastry;
- 12 slices of processed cheese;
- 0.5 kg sliced low-fat ham;
- 50 g of vegetable oil;
- a large bunch of greens.
Stages of preparing an appetizer:
- Defrost the dough and roll it into a layer 3 mm thick.
- Put the processed cheese and ham on the prepared layer.
- Sprinkle the filling with chopped herbs.
- Roll the filled dough into a tight roll.
- Cut the straw into separate rolls 7 cm high.
- Arrange the semi-finished product in a greased baking dish and place in the oven. Bake for 20 minutes at 180º.
This easy-to-make appetizer will decorate the festive table and delight gourmets..
These rolls can be made with various fillings. Cheese and herbs will remain unchanged. Instead of ham, you can put chopped canned mushrooms, smoked, boiled sausage, ground beef.
Recipes for appetizers for a festive table based on fish and seafood
Fish dishes and seafood are an indispensable attribute of a festive feast. Practice shows that it is fish snacks that are the first to disappear on the tables. Traditional herring with onions and sandwiches with caviar, of course, have not been canceled. However, profiteroles, tartlets and fish canapes look more modern..
Delicate profiteroles with salmon and cream cheese
We offer a variant of an appetizer for a buffet party with salmon. The recipe is suitable for those who are not afraid to make choux pastry. The result is worth it to be patient and follow the technology of making delicious profiteroles, where salmon and cream cheese are the main products..
To prepare this gourmet snack for a large company, you will need the following ingredients:
- 250 g butter;
- 250 ml of boiled water;
- 300 g of milk;
- 300 g wheat flour;
- 2 teaspoons of salt;
- 2 teaspoons of sugar;
- 8 eggs.
- 500 g cream cheese
- 400 g salmon;
- zest from one lemon.
Instructions for making profiteroles:
- Put butter in a saucepan with a thick bottom, pour water and milk. Add salt and sugar. Bring to a boil with constant stirring.
- Gradually add flour into a saucepan and stir quickly, “brewing” the dough to an elastic consistency.
- Beat the resulting mass with a blender until it cools.
- Without turning off the blender, gradually beat in all the eggs, one by one.
- Achieve a uniform consistency. The dough should be fluffy and tender..
- Place the resulting custard dough with a syringe on a baking sheet lined with baking paper. Bake for 25 minutes in an oven preheated to 180º.
- Spread the profiteroles on a wire rack and wait until they cool down.
- Mix cream cheese with lemon zest.
- Cut salmon fillets into thin slices.
- Cut the profiteroles lengthwise, put a fish plate. Place the cheese on top with a syringe.
- Cover the profiterole with the other half and arrange the appetizer in a nice flat dish.
The appetizer turns out to be tender, with an exquisite combination of cream cheese and salmon flavors.
Ideally, profiteroles should be very small in order to be convenient to eat..
Cod liver delicacy
Lavishly sprinkled with cheese, balls filled with cod liver are easy to prepare. The appetizer tastes amazing, its appearance is appetizing. Cooking technology allows you to leave all the useful properties of the products included in the recipe.
Ingredients you will need to make a snack:
- 2-3 jars (120 g each) of cod liver;
- 4 eggs;
- 150 g parmesan;
- 4-6 medium-sized potatoes;
- a bunch of parsley;
- ground black pepper.
Cooking snacks step by step:
- Boil eggs and potatoes and leave to cool.
- Pour oil out of each canned food. Put the liver in a plate and knead. Pass eggs, cheese, potatoes through a fine grater or through a meat grinder. Chop parsley.
- In a large bowl, combine parsley, liver, potatoes, eggs. Pepper, salt, grind until fluffy.
- Form portioned balls, immediately roll each in grated cheese.
The appetizer is served on a flat dish, put a couple of parsley sprigs on top.
Cod liver dishes are nutritious and high in calories. So that guests can appreciate the appetizer at its true worth, it is served at the very beginning of the feast..
Salmon cake with chopped dill and caviar
Surprise everyone with a salmon cake, herbs, sour cream and caviar. A gorgeous appetizer will be the main decoration of the festive table. Make two cakes at once, as guests will definitely ask for more. A cake is made from thin pancakes, sour cream sauce is used instead of cream.
A set of products for making salmon cake:
- 3 eggs;
- 1.5 cups flour;
- 100 g butter;
- 300 g glass of milk
- salt to taste;
- sunflower oil for frying pancakes;
- 600 g salmon;
- 200 g sour cream;
- red caviar and herbs for decoration;
- lemon juice and zest.
- Knead the pancake dough from eggs, flour, butter, milk, salt. Make sure there are no lumps.
- Bake thin pancakes in a frying pan greased with vegetable oil. While they cool down, make the filling.
- Combine sour cream with dill, lemon juice and zest, add salt. Mix everything thoroughly.
- Spread the pancakes with the resulting sour cream sauce and shift with salmon slices.
- Decorate the cake with red caviar and fresh herbs.
It is advisable to make this cake on the eve of the feast, as it needs to “stand” in the refrigerator for 4-6 hours. During this time, the pancakes will soak, the cake will become fluffy and elastic, will not fall apart when cut.
So that the decorations do not “float”, the greens do not wilted, the cake should be decorated just before serving.
Rolls with pine nuts
These rolls look unusual, very festive and incredibly appetizing. The recipe for this appetizer shows a new take on how delicious rolls should look like. The appetizer turns out to be juicy and self-sufficient, soy sauce is not served with it. The highlight of the dish is pine nuts.
The ingredients are very simple:
- 2 long cucumbers;
- 200 g of fluffy curd cheese;
- 6 pcs. crab sticks (crab meat is possible);
- 2 small carrots;
- a couple of sprigs of fresh mint and basil;
- 50 g of pine nuts;
- 2 medium lemons.
- Cut boiled carrots and crab sticks into small cubes, add lemon zest to the mass and mix with curd cheese.
- Add pine nuts and finely chopped greens to the filling.
- Wash the cucumber and cut into long, wide strips.
- Put the filling on the cucumber strips and wrap the roll.
- Garnish the rolls with mint, lemon wedges and pine nuts.
Cucumbers in thin plates give up their juice rather quickly. Therefore, the filling can be prepared in advance, but it is better to collect the appetizer closer to the time of the feast..
Mint and basil can be substituted for dill and parsley, pine nuts for walnuts. Alternatively, make two versions of the rolls for the festive table.
Tips for decorating a festive table
So that the festive table does not look like a sloppy pile of dishes, you must adhere to the following rules when decorating it:
- Lay out dishes not in width, but in height. That is, lay the chicken wings not in a row, but in a careless slide, in no case smear mashed potatoes on a plate, form salads conically.
- Arrange the dishes on the table according to the principle of contrast. In the total mass, the dishes should be kept within the limits of three to five colors and their shades. Otherwise, the variegation will ripple in the eyes.
- You should not strive to put large portions of food. Snacks can be grouped into large common meals, but little by little.
The festive table must have its own favorite – the main dish, which the chef announces at will. It can be an appetizer, a second hot course, a drink or a sweet dessert..
It is necessary to choose recipes for appetizers for the festive table in advance. It is advisable that there are vegetable, meat and fish snacks on the table. Then each guest will be able to choose something to suit their taste preferences. The main commandment of the festive table is not volumes, but a reasonable variety..