An exotic product anywhere in the world – coconut flakes
If a person does not live in Brazil, Sri Lanka or Southeast Asia, this does not mean that real coconut flakes are inaccessible to him. It is these countries that export exotic products all over the planet. As you know, the coconut fruit consists of shells, juice and white pulp, which are widely used in cooking, cosmetics and even gardening..
Coconut flakes are small particles in the form of snow-white granules, which are obtained by grinding the inner shell of a palm fruit. Their size depends on the size of the hole of the used grater..
Overseas product properties
Many people know Bounty sweets, which are said to be comparable to heavenly delight. Indeed, if you properly prepare coconut flakes, it is able to preserve all the valuable elements necessary for the body. Practice shows that the product has a beneficial effect on such vital processes:
- Stimulates digestion. Diarrhea can be cured with shavings. Eliminate gagging and toxicosis.
- Strengthens the defenses. The product contains a huge amount of vitamin C, thanks to which the body resists colds.
- Fight against parasites. Scientists do not fully understand how shavings affect the removal of harmful parasites from the intestines..
- Positive emotions. Coconut products improve mood, relieve stress, fatigue and improve memory.
- Dangerous pathologies. The presence of tocopherol and ascorbic acid in the shavings helps the body resist the development of malignant growths.
It is worth mentioning that the exotic product has an exquisite taste that is liked not only by children, but also by the adult population. It is also used as an additional decoration for various dishes and desserts. However, in our area it is worth paying attention not only to the benefits of coconut, but also to the harm of this product. Since it is brought to Europe from tropical countries, it can cause an allergic reaction. Red spots, hives, or slight swelling of the mucous organs appear on the body.
In case of allergy symptoms, you must immediately abandon the product and contact a specialist.
Excessive consumption of the product also brings harm, since the calorie content of coconut is quite high. 100 grams of the product contains approximately 600 kcal. People who are trying to control their weight need to be careful when choosing exotic desserts. But if you are moderate in your habits, it is quite acceptable to taste the “heavenly delight” from coconut..
Rules for creating a product at home
To enjoy the taste of the overseas fruit, you need to know how to make coconut in your home kitchen. As you know, an exotic product is obtained from the snow-white pulp, which is located under the nut shell. There are several types of its processing:
- Rude. The result is large granules.
- Average. Widely used in cooking.
- Small. This type of processing of shavings has practically no taste, contains a huge amount of fat, therefore it is rarely used for desserts..
Before you start cooking shavings with your own hands, choose a high-quality coconut. It should not have cracks, diaper rash or dents..
It is advisable to buy fruits from the beginning of October to January. At this time, they are just ripening.
When they have decided on the fruit, they start cutting. To do this, black dots are found on the surface of the nut, where a knife or other sharp object is inserted to make a hole. After the inside of the nut is free of juice, it can be cracked with a hammer..
Then they take out the snow-white shell and start grinding. Most often, a grater with a large base is used for the process.. The crushed shavings are spread on the surface in a thin layer and placed in a dry place away from direct sunlight. The finished product is sieved through a sieve to obtain granules of the same size. But this process is not necessary..
The shavings are stored in a cool and dry place, where there are no foreign odors for no more than 12 months.
Scope of use of coconut flakes
Of course, in most cases, coconut flakes are used in cooking, especially for making desserts. But this product is also useful in gardening. First, we will consider the question of how to use coconut for seedlings, and then we will focus on cooking..
Recently, summer residents began to use this substance to improve the structure of the soil, combining it with peat and other substrates. Thanks to this, the soil has the following advantages:
- high thermal conductivity;
- protection of the surface from the formation of a hard crust;
- the absence of weed seeds, which are in the usual substrate;
- neutral acidity.
Most often, the substance is available in tablet form. Therefore, after purchasing and unpacking it, it is advisable to carefully read the instructions. Let us recall just a few rules:
- The substance is washed under a tap for 2 minutes..
- Place the tablet in a suitable pot or seedling container.
- Pour the shavings with liquid at room temperature.
- Seeds are planted in accordance with the rules of agronomy.
By following these simple steps, gardeners will certainly get a good result. After all, coconut flakes are a unique natural substance that contains a huge amount of valuable elements..
Now it’s time to get acquainted with the use of this unique white powder in cooking. Various pastries, cakes, sweets, rolls, pies, cheesecakes and even ice cream acquire an exquisite taste and aroma. Fans of sweets are very fond of baked goods with coconut flakes, which are easy to make with your own hands. Consider a few popular recipes.
Exquisite cake with exotic notes
To prepare a treat, you will need the following products:
- chicken eggs;
- granulated sugar;
- baking powder;
- coconut liqueur;
- coconut flakes
The process of creating a cake with coconut flakes consists of simple steps:
- Chicken eggs are combined with sugar and beat with a mixer. It is desirable that the mass is increased by 2 times.
- Flour, baking powder and cocoa are placed in a separate container. Mix thoroughly. Then, in small portions, they are introduced into the egg mass, kneading a homogeneous dough.
- The bottom of the baking dish is covered with parchment. Lubricate it with oil, after which the prepared biscuit is poured.
- Preheat the oven to 200 ° C. Then the dough is placed in it and baked for about 25 minutes. Cut the finished biscuit in half to make 2 cakes.
- In order to soak baked goods, coconut liqueur is diluted with boiled water. Then the cakes of the future cake are moistened with a spoon.
- The next step is to make the filling. Pour coconut into the milk and mix thoroughly. Bring to a boil, then cook for 15 minutes, stirring continuously. When the filling thickens, remove from heat so that it cools..
- The liqueur-soaked bottom cake is covered with coconut filling, evenly spreading over the entire surface. Then another cake is placed on top, which is also poured with impregnation.
- Next, prepare the glaze. To do this, milk is mixed with sugar, cocoa and butter. Cook over moderate heat until a homogeneous mass is formed..
- When the icing has cooled, it is poured onto the cake. Using a spatula, the liquid is spread on the sides of the baking, giving the product a beautiful appearance..
The product is sent to a cold place for about 3 hours. During this time, it will be completely saturated. Serve with tea or coffee in portions.
An airy treat for companionship
You can prepare a delicate and aromatic cake with coconut flakes by collecting the necessary ingredients:
- chicken eggs;
- baking powder;
- coconut flakes;
Interestingly, such a dessert is often called “Dream Pie” and this is not in vain. Having tried it at least once, you will definitely want to again. And they prepare it quite simply..
Sugar is poured into a deep container, kefir and eggs are added. Mix everything thoroughly.
Baking powder is added to the sifted wheat flour, and the dough is kneaded with a liquid consistency..
Put it in a baking dish, which is greased with oil. Then the coconut flakes are mixed with granulated sugar and spread over the entire surface of the cake..
The oven is heated to 180 ° C. Send “Dream Pie” into it for 35 minutes. The finished product is poured with cream.
Spectacular curd cakes with coconut
Fans of dairy products can supplement their diet with an unusual delicacy cooked in a pan. To create it, you will need the following components:
- cottage cheese;
- granulated sugar;
- Wheat flour;
- chicken eggs;
- coconut flakes;
- vegetable fat.
When the products are collected, they begin to create syrniki with coconut flakes. First, eggs, sugar and cottage cheese are combined in a separate container.. Mix the products thoroughly and then add the coconut and flour.
From the resulting dough, form circles, roll in flour and spread on a hot frying pan with butter.
When browned, gently turn them over. The finished product is served with sour cream for breakfast or dinner.
To make the treat not only tasty, but also attractive, you can use colored shavings.
Unrivaled sweets from the island of delight
Various recipes for desserts with coconut flakes are striking in their ease of preparation. But in terms of taste, they surpass many popular dishes, since they contain components of an exotic fruit. Experienced cooks successfully prepare unique sweets in the home kitchen, reminiscent of the famous Bounty bar. For the treat, you will need coconut flakes, condensed milk and chocolate (preferably milk).
First, shavings are placed in condensed milk and mixed well to make a dense mass. Then small balls or bars are formed.
Spread coconut sweets on a parchment-covered baking sheet. Sent to the oven for about half an hour.
At this time, fondant is being prepared. Melted chocolate in a microwave oven or in a water bath. When the balls are ready, dip them in hot fondant.. Using cutlery, the candies are laid out on a tray and placed in the refrigerator so that the chocolate icing cools completely. The delicacy is eaten at any time of the day, enjoying their unsurpassed taste and aroma..