Jam buns – homemade baked goods without the hassle
When children appear in the family, mothers ask themselves the question: how to prepare a tasty and healthy treat? Our childhood is also connected with the aroma of baking, memories of fresh pies that were baked by mom or grandmother, probably everyone has. Therefore, the smell of buns with jam, bagels or buns brings to mind distant pictures. The soul becomes warm and light. In order for children to have the same vivid memories, it is necessary to learn how to bake such buns. There is no special science here, it is enough to observe the proportions and preparation steps.
Yeast dough jam buns
Adults and children alike will love buns with jam from a fragrant bun. Prepare several servings, and the excess can be frozen. Put the frozen bun in the refrigerator overnight and in the morning it can be warmed up in the microwave. It will become as soft, fresh and aromatic as yesterday. These buns do not have to be fiddled with for a long time, they are easy to prepare. The dough for buns is the simplest, you do not need to follow it.
After kneading, the dough is left alone in a warm place. There it “reaches” the desired state for some time. You can make buns in the shape of beautiful braids, bagels and even croissants, it’s not difficult at all. Delicious pastries will brighten up any breakfast. Buns stuffed with berry and fruit jams awaken the appetite and energize the day. If you want to use currant jam, then it is worth considering that the taste can be sour.
- Flour, baking wheat. It is better not to take whole grains. – 0.5 kg.
- Yeast: dry granular – 7-8 g, live (soak in warm water) – 25 g.
- Milk – 3/4 cup.
- 2 chicken eggs.
- Butter or spread – 60 g.
- Jam (can be replaced with jam) – 1.5 cups.
- Sugar – 2 tbsp. l;
- Salt – 1/2 tsp.
Step-by-step preparation of buns with jam:
- Mix yeast with milk, for this you need to add 2-3 tbsp. l. Leave the resulting mixture for 15 minutes until they start to play (foam should form).
- Beat eggs into a separate bowl, add sugar, salt, beat until a dense foam forms.
- Melt butter over low heat or microwave on low power.
- Add the remaining milk to the mixture, stir in the eggs and yeast, add flour in portions (250 g) and mix thoroughly.
All products should be at room temperature.
Knead the dough gently, adding the remaining flour. Add melted butter in a thin stream and knead the dough until smooth. When it stops sticking to your hands, the dough is ready. Cover the bowl with cling film, a clean cloth or towel and leave warm for an hour and a half..
The dough should rise. After that, it must be kneaded again and left warm again for an hour..
Let’s start making buns:
- When the dough is ready, roll it out in a rectangular layer 60 * 30 cm and gently grease with any fruit or berry jam. The edges do not need to be lubricated. Leave 1.5 cm blank on each side.
- Fold the dough in thirds, visually dividing it into equal parts along the widest side. You should get a rectangle measuring 30 * 20 cm.
- Pinch the edges of the envelope so that the jam does not come out when baking. Roll lightly with a rolling pin so that the layer is of the same thickness.
- Cut the finished dough across into 12 strips. The width of each will be about 2.5 cm. It is advisable to take a knife without teeth. In this case, the dough will not cling to it..
- Twist the strip gently 3-4 times and fold it into a ring, connecting the ends together. Repeat with each.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place the finished buns on top of it.
- Preheat oven to 190 ° C and bake for 15 minutes. Cool prepared treats on the wire rack and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Puff pastry lovers will appreciate the taste and simplicity of the buns according to the following recipe.
Puff pastry jam buns
For buns with puff pastry jam, the filling can be anything: fresh fruits and berries, grated with sugar, jams and preserves. Can be cooked with what is currently in the fridge.
The ingredients are the same as in the first recipe. You can use vegetable oil instead of butter. If the jam or jam is not sour, you can put less sugar.
Step-by-step cooking recipe:
- Mix dry yeast with two tablespoons of wheat flour and 1 tablespoon of sugar. Keep in mind that 1 teaspoon of yeast – 5 g. Heat the milk over low heat (watch carefully, do not boil) and combine it with dry mixed ingredients. Stir well and leave for a while until the yeast foam appears..
- Add vegetable oil to a bowl of milk. Divide the egg into white and yolk. Whisk the whites by hand until a dense foam is obtained. You can use a mixer, you can get the desired result in 1 minute. Add the beaten egg white to the bowl of milk and mix thoroughly. Whipped yolk is required to decorate the buns..
- Sift flour through a sieve and knead the dough. This will require about 450 g of flour. Knead the dough thoroughly and place in a clean dish, covered with plastic wrap or a waffle towel. Leave in a warm place for 1.5 hours.
- The finished dough must be cut into pieces weighing about 150 g each. This will make about 5 pieces. And you can divide it into more pieces, in this case there will be more layers in the bun. Roll them into a ball and cover with plastic wrap or a waffle towel, let stand for 10 minutes. During this time, melt the butter over low heat. Do not bring to a boil. The oil should be warm.
- Roll each ball of dough into a thin cake and brush with butter with a silicone brush. Place all the tortillas on top of each other and gently roll them into one large tortilla (40 cm in diameter).
- Cut it into equal triangles, you should get 15-16 blanks.
Put 1 teaspoon of jam on the wide edge of the triangles (jam can be fruit or berry). Fold the sides of the triangle so that the filling does not leak out when baking in the oven. Roll the prepared piece of dough into a roll. You will get a beautiful croissant with jam.
- Line a baking sheet with oiled baking paper. Place ready-to-bake buns on a baking sheet and brush the tops with a mixture of yolk and 1 tbsp. l. milk. Sprinkle lightly with sugar and let stand 15 minutes.
Bake in a preheated oven for 25 minutes. Check for doneness, remove the buns from the oven and cool. It’s time to brew aromatic tea and enjoy the wonderful taste of puff pastry buns with jam! Bon Appetit!