Oven baked appetizing meat in mustard
Delicious, appetizing, juicy and tender meat in mustard baked in the oven is a frequent guest of festive and dinner tables. Preparing the dish is very simple. But thanks to the different recipes and the variety of mustard-based marinades, amazing tastes are obtained. We offer to cook pork according to the most popular recipes.
See also: baked pork knuckle in the oven!
Consider the classic mustard-baked pork recipe. It takes a long time to prepare, but it is simple. Mustard will make the meat juicy and tender.
To prepare the dish, you will need 0.5 kg loin and 2 tbsp. l. mustard. Garlic (about 4-5 cloves) and pepper and salt will help to complement the taste..
- A piece of meat is thoroughly washed and wiped off with a paper towel. Sprinkle with pepper and salt on all sides and, after making punctures in the pulp, stuff with slices of garlic. Then the meat is smeared with ready-made mustard and sent to the refrigerator for several hours..
- After the expiration date, the meat is wrapped in foil. This will prevent juice loss..
- The wrapped meat is sent to a heat-resistant baking dish, and then to an oven preheated to 180 ° C. Approximate cooking time – hour.
- After the time has elapsed, the foil is unrolled. And, increasing the temperature, they are again sent to the oven for 10-15 minutes so that a crust appears..
It remains only to cut the meat baked in foil in the oven with mustard into pieces and serve.
It is best if you leave the meat to marinate overnight..
Shank in sauce
Meat is now quite “biting” for the price. But this does not mean that you should forget about him until the next holiday. Pay attention to the knuckle. Its cost is quite acceptable. And you will get the opportunity to serve meat to the table every day. Preparing pork knuckle with honey and mustard is simple, although long. But all you need is to pickle it, then put it in the oven and go about your business.
For work, you will need the shank itself and spices, which are mustard in the amount of 2-3 tbsp. l, ½ h. l. ginger powder, 50 g mayonnaise, salt and pepper, 2 tbsp. l. soy sauce and garlic. It needs 2 heads.
- The first step is to peel the garlic and cut it into 2-3 pieces..
- The shank should be thoroughly washed and, if there is a black tan, scrape off with a knife. Then they wipe it off with paper towels and make many deep cuts in the skin. Garlic pieces are poured into them. Please note that the garlic must be completely submerged in the slots..
- Now use cotton thread to wrap the shank.
- Prepare the marinade by mixing soy sauce, freshly ground pepper, mayonnaise, ginger, salt, and mustard until smooth.
- Try the salt marinade and tweak it.
- Thoroughly coat the meat with marinade, leave it alone for 2 hours and put it in a sleeve.
- Pork with mustard and mayonnaise is sent to the oven preheated to 200 ° C. Cooking time approx. 2-2.5 hours depending on the size of the piece.
All threads are removed before serving. Stewed cabbage, vegetables, salad or mashed potatoes are used as a side dish.
Since the recipe uses soy sauce, you should be careful with salt, otherwise you can oversalt the dish..
Pork ribs with honey and mustard are another delicious dish. In addition, he prepares very quickly – just in case the guests are on the doorstep. We offer two options for cooking this culinary masterpiece.
To cook pork with honey and mustard in the oven, you need ribs (0.4 kg) and honey with mustard (1 tsp of each ingredient).
In a bowl, mix honey with mustard. The mass will be thick, so a little water is added to it until the consistency is satisfactory.. Next, the ribs are coated and sent to the oven for 2 hours. Do not forget to turn the ribs over to the other side after one hour so that they are evenly fried. Prepared pork in mustard baked in the oven is laid out on a plate and served with a side dish or as a dish on its own.
It is advisable to use liquid honey. But if yours is candied, you can take it too, you just need to preheat it..
To cook “soy” meat in mustard, baked in the oven, you need 1.5 kg of pork ribs. For this amount you need to take soy sauce and honey (5 and 4 tablespoons, respectively), as well as spices and olive oil.
The ribs are thoroughly washed, dried with a paper towel and cut into portions. Then they are dipped in a pot of water, put on fire, allowed to boil and boiled for a quarter of an hour. Meanwhile, mix the soy sauce and honey, add a little red pepper and boil in a water bath until thickened..
Next, the ribs are dipped in the marinade and laid out in a baking dish, previously greased with olive oil. A container filled with meat is sent to be baked in an oven preheated to 190 degrees. Frying time 10 minutes. As soon as the crust forms, the meat can be pulled out and served..
Self-baked meat is delicious and appetizing. But only various marinades will help to give it an exquisite piquant taste. There are a lot of recipes, and in order to find “your”, you need to experiment a lot. Fortunately, the field for imagination is huge. We suggest considering several recipes for pork marinade with mustard.
Mustard is the main ingredient in pork marinades for a reason, as it makes the meat tender and juicy..
To prepare the marinade, you will need mustard powder in the amount of 1 tbsp. and 0.5 tsp. freshly ground pepper and curry. Additional ingredients – salt (about 1 tsp) and 1 tbsp. mayonnaise. The spice will come through 3-4 garlic cloves passed through a press. This amount of marinade is designed for 1 kg of meat.
- All ingredients are mixed in a bowl until smooth.
- The resulting marinade is rubbed well on a piece of meat from all sides, placed in a container, covered with cling film or a lid and sent to the refrigerator for 4-5 hours.
After the time has elapsed, the meat is baked with mustard and mayonnaise in the oven..
And finally, two more delicious marinades.
Orange honey mustard
Orange peel. Strange, but it is an excellent ingredient for marinade for meat with mustard. In addition, it goes well with honey and mustard and sets off their aroma..
To prepare the marinade, you need ½ Art. mustard.
You can use a ready-made one, or you can prepare it from powder.
For this amount, you should take 1 large orange and 1 tbsp. l. honey (flower or buckwheat). Additionally, you need 1 tsp. ground pepper (according to preference, allspice, a mixture of pepper or just black), caraway seeds and 0.5 tsp. salt.
To get the zest, the citrus must be washed well, scalded with boiling water, and then remove the zest from it using a special or ordinary grater. Place all ingredients in a bowl, mix well and check for salt. If the mixture is very thick, mineral water will help to bring the consistency to the required one (1-2 tablespoons will be enough).
That’s it, the marinade is ready and you can spread the meat with it and send it to the refrigerator for an hour.
Ever thought you could use wine for a marinade? So try experimenting. And prepare mustard sauce for meat with the addition of wine. We are sure that the dish prepared according to this recipe will appeal to absolutely everyone. Wine gives the marinade a spicy taste and makes the meat tender and juicy.
The main ingredients of the marinade are 3-4 tbsp. l. mustard powder, ½ Art. white wine (weak), as well as 5 onion turnips. Salt will help balance the taste..
The washed and dried piece of meat must be thoroughly covered with mustard. The amount of powder can be controlled according to the size of the pork. In this state, the meat is left for an hour at room temperature. In the meantime, peel the onion and pass it through a meat grinder. Wine is poured into this gruel, mixed thoroughly and rubbed with a mixture of meat in mustard and again left to marinate for 2 hours. The final step is to salt the meat, leave it alone for another 30 minutes. That’s it, pork is ready to be fried in a pan or in the oven.
Meat in mustard baked in the oven is a signature dish of any festive table. And the use of various marinades in the cooking process is an opportunity to add new flavor notes every time.