Homemade peanut sorbet recipe
Sherbet with peanuts, the recipe for which at home will be described step by step below, is familiar to many from childhood. Soft, sugary-sweet viscous fudge with lots of peanuts will definitely appeal to both children and adults. Although this dish belongs to traditional oriental cuisine, there are no ingredients in its composition that would be inaccessible. The classic peanut sorbet is prepared with a lot of butter and sugar, so it has a high calorie content..
What is sherbet?
The word sherbet (also sorbet or sorbet) has several meanings. This is the name of a traditional oriental drink made from rose hips, rose petals, licorice and spices. Now the recipe has changed, and various fruits and berries, honey and spices are added to sherbet. In addition, popsicles or frozen ice are also called sorbet..
Peanut sherbet is an oriental sweet that has nothing to do with drinks. It is a candy made of nuts and fudge, which is cut into small pieces and served as a dessert. In terms of composition and calorie content, sherbet is equated to sweets; it is a hearty and nutritious delicacy. Modern manufacturers usually take condensed milk as a basis..
Homemade peanut sorbet recipes may vary. A common ingredient is peanuts, which are used in large quantities. You can buy it already fried or fry it yourself in a pan.
Sherbet with butter
Based on 1 glass of peanuts, you will need 3 more glasses of sugar, 1 glass of fat milk, 100 g of butter. The mixture has a liquid consistency, so it is poured into a large mold, and when ready, it is already divided into pieces..
If you take a larger mold, you can cut the delicacy into small portioned slices. You can also place it in a plastic bottle and cut it into wedges like a roll..
- Peanuts are fried in a pan without oil. Milk is poured into a saucepan and 2 cups of sugar are added to it, cooked over low heat for 30 minutes. At the same time, you need to caramelize the remaining glass of sugar and pour into the boiling mixture.
- In the next step, add nuts and butter to the pan. At the same time, the pan is not removed from the heat, the mixture continues to simmer on the stove for another 40 minutes.
- The peanut sherbet is almost ready. It remains to pour the hot mixture into the mold and let it cool until it hardens. It is recommended to line the form with parchment paper or grease with vegetable oil so that the sherbet is easily separated and does not stick to the walls..
- The mixture should cool for several hours in a cool place. When it cools down to room temperature, put it in the refrigerator and continue to cool it. As soon as the consistency becomes firm, the sorbet is taken out of the mold and cut into pieces with a knife..
The homemade peanut sorbet recipe is simple but time consuming. If you boil the mixture in the morning, it will cool completely and be ready for use in the afternoon. Ready-made sherbet is served with berries, chopped fruits and other light sweets. It has a rich taste that can make chocolates look bland.
Sherbet without butter
Each housewife decides for herself what to make sorbet with peanuts. Butter adds fat and calories to the dessert, but there is an option to cook it without butter. For this recipe you will need a pound of peanuts, a glass of milk, 3 glasses of sugar, a few spoons of cocoa, and 350 g of powdered milk.
Some people prefer to use infant formula instead of powdered milk..
- Sugar, cocoa and milk are combined in one saucepan and boiled over low heat. The mixture must be continuously stirred until the sugar grains begin to caramelize..
- Next, remove the pan from heat and cool slightly at room temperature. Powdered milk can be poured only when the syrup has cooled to 80ᴼC. Together with the powder, all the peanuts are poured, the mixture is mixed and poured into a mold.
- Sherbet cools down at room temperature, then refrigerated. Then it is taken out of the mold and cut into portions. You can add honey and spices to the peanut sorbet, and decorate the finished dish with powdered sugar..
The exact nutritional value of homemade nut sorbet is difficult to calculate as each housewife uses different ingredients. The approximate calorie content of peanut sorbet is 400 Kcal per 100 g, it contains about 5.7 g of protein, 13.9 g of fat and 55.2 g of carbohydrates..
The taste of nut sherbet is familiar from childhood. It was released in the form of a long, creamy sausage with a honey flavor and a viscous consistency. There are many homemade peanut sorbet recipes that differ from each other. They may contain butter, condensed milk, purchased toffee, honey, cocoa and spices. This is a very satisfying and heavy sweetness for the liver, so it is better to cook it rarely and eat it in small portions..