Korean-style squash salads for the winter
Squash loyally complements any salad. Even in a spicy dish, they behave acceptable, Korean-style squash for the winter, proof of that. The taste of these vegetables is somewhat similar to zucchini, although it belongs to the pumpkin family. The delicate texture of the pulp allows you to easily absorb the aroma and taste of nearby ingredients, so spicy snacks from them are especially rich. The unusual shape, reminiscent of a plate, looks aesthetically pleasing pickled in jars for the winter. They can not only be canned whole, but also combined with other vegetables in salads. The use of this fruit is recommended for patients with anemia, obesity, heart and kidney ailments. Healthy people can maintain their immunity at the proper level, because squash contains vitamins A, B, C, PP, potassium, calcium, phosphorus, copper, zinc and many other useful trace elements.
Preparation of ingredients
Making preparations for the winter from squash in Korean, you need to select young and soft vegetables. If you come across ripe, huge fruits, then they must be peeled and pitted. You should never ignore the blanching procedure. It is necessary to destroy microorganisms on the surface of the fruit and get rid of air bubbles. This procedure should be done with the vegetables in the colander. Heat the water and scald the contents of a colander or metal sieve with boiling water. If there is a thick rind, the process must be repeated twice. After all, place the squash in cold water to preserve their strength, otherwise they can turn into gruel. This vegetable goes well with fruits in salads (apples, oranges, lemons), as well as vegetables (cucumbers, peppers, tomatoes). For example, a spicy vegetable salad with squash is very popular. Korean-style squash recipes for the winter will allow you to bring this excellent appetizer to life. Such a vegetable combination will definitely include carrots, onions and bell peppers. To make such a provision, you need to stock up on a lot of patience and time. Preparing vegetables requires a lot of effort because they are all grated. Among the spices must be a seasoning for Korean carrots..
The classic version of Korean patissons for the winter
To prepare Korean squash for the winter, you will need 3 kilograms of vegetables. Among the additional ingredients, you need to prepare a pound of carrots, 0.5 kg of onions, 6 pieces of bell pepper, 6 heads of garlic and red pepper. For refueling, you will need 1 cup (150 grams) of sugar, 2 tbsp. tablespoons of salt, 1 cup of vinegar and 1 cup of vegetable oil.
- Wash the squash, clean from greens.
- Grind on a grater.
- Do the same with carrots.
- Chop the onion.
- Turn pepper into sliced half rings.
- Process the garlic with a crusher.
- Combine all ingredients, adding Korean carrot seasoning, black pepper, parsley, dill, red hot pepper. Pour in oil and vinegar.
- Place in jars and send for sterilization, which lasts 15 minutes.
- Remove from water and tighten with lids. Ready!
This spicy dish is not recommended for patients with ulcers..
Korean-style vegetable squash salad for the winter
To make a Korean-style squash salad for the winter, you need to take 1 kilogram of squash. Additional components will be two large carrots, a head of onion, 3 pieces of bell pepper, a head of garlic, bunches of parsley and dill. The filling will include: 50 ml of sunflower oil, 1 tbsp. a spoonful of salt, 0.5 teaspoon of ground black pepper, vinegar (70%) – 1 teaspoon, and, of course, seasoning for Korean carrots – 1 pack.
- Turn clean squash into plates.
- Cut the pepper, remove the pits and chop it into strips.
- Grate carrots.
- Get half rings from bulbs.
- Finely chop the parsley and dill.
- Throw the chives through a grater.
- Mix vegetables and add spices. Drizzle with water (1 glass).
- Place the salad in a large bowl, put a plate on top of the vegetables, and press down with a jar of water. Leave for a couple of hours to extract juice.
- Arrange Korean squash in jars for the winter and send for the sterilization procedure for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Remove the jars from the pan, screw the lids tightly and let cool. Provision is ready.
Before sterilizing the salad in jars, be sure to put a cotton towel or a piece of cloth on the bottom of the pan. This will help avoid possible cracks in the glass container..
To make Korean-style squash for the winter, you do not need to have a bag of Korean carrot seasoning on hand. You can do it yourself. To do this, you need black ground pepper, red ground pepper, garlic, dried basil, coriander. Bon Appetit!