Potato wizards with minced meat: different tastes of your favorite dish
Potato wizards with minced meat are one of the most delicious dishes of Belarusian cuisine. Initially, they consisted of dough stuffed with meat. Later, the sorcerers transformed into stuffed potato pancakes. No flour or eggs were added to the potatoes. The necessary elasticity was given to the mass by natural starch, which settled at the bottom of the vessel after excess moisture was squeezed out of the potatoes. You can cook sorcerers not only with meat. The filling can be very diverse, depending on the personal preferences of the hostess..
Potato wizards with minced meat
For the test you will need:
- potatoes (1 kg);
- medium onion;
- a raw egg;
- sour cream (1 tbsp. l.);
- salt and ground pepper (pinch each).
For the filling you need:
- minced meat (300 g);
- egg (1 pc.);
- raw onion;
- sour cream (0.5 tsp);
- vegetable fat for frying;
- fine bread crumbs.
The process of cooking sorcerers from potatoes with minced meat:
- The meat must be washed, dried and cut into small pieces.
- Do the same with onions.
- The ingredients are minced using a meat grinder.
- Egg and spices are added to the resulting minced meat..
- Now you need to pour in sour cream and gently mix the mass with your hands. This will give it a delicate texture. If there is no sour cream, it can be replaced with melted butter. It will also turn out delicious.
- The filling is left for a while so that all the components are fully combined with each other..
- In the meantime, we need to do potatoes. It is cleaned, rinsed with cold running water and cut into cubes..
- The raw vegetable must be turned into an almost uniform puree..
- Then they put a little sour cream in it so that the mass does not darken..
- The finished potatoes are transferred to a piece of gauze and slightly squeezed out the excess liquid.
- After a while, grains of starch will settle at the bottom of the container with juice..
- They must be transferred to the potatoes and mixed..
- After that, add the egg and spices, everything is thoroughly mixed.
- At the final stage, potatoes are combined with meat.
- As a result, you should get a small cake that looks like a cutlet..
- Sorcerers fry until golden brown. You can also additionally bake them in the oven..
- The sorcerers are transferred to a saucepan, half filled with water.
- Spread greaves with onions or sour cream on top.
- The dish is placed in a cold oven, which is gradually heated to 220 degrees..
- After that, the temperature is lowered to 180 degrees and cooked for about 40 minutes..
Sorcerers not only fry, but also boil like dumplings. To do this, small pieces are formed, dipped in boiling water and cooked for about eight minutes. Ready-made take out with a slotted spoon. Boiled potato wizards with minced meat can be served with onions fried in lard or sour cream.
Any meat can be used for the filling. It will also turn out delicious if you combine several of its types. For example pork and chicken.
Potato wizards with minced meat and cabbage
- for 1.5 kg of potatoes you will need ½ kg of ready-made minced meat and fresh cabbage;
- large onion;
- incomplete glass of sour cream;
- flour (2 tbsp. l.);
- any greens (1 bunch);
- vegetable oil;
- spices and herbs.
- The recipe for sorcerers from potatoes with minced meat and cabbage is very simple to prepare. First you need to peel the potatoes.
- Turn the prepared potatoes into a mushy mass using a fine-toothed grater.
- Now you need to be sure to remove excess liquid with a gauze bag.
- Cut the onion in half.
- Chop one part with a knife, chop the other in the same way as potatoes.
- Cut the cabbage into thin strips.
- Next, fry the onion, combine it with cabbage and stew for about 10 minutes.
- The stewed vegetables are mixed with minced meat and half the norm of sour cream, herbs and seasonings are added.
- Everything needs to be mixed well.
- Now expressed starch + egg and a little flour are introduced into the potatoes. Mix all ingredients again.
- Small flat cakes are made from potato dough, on which the filling is spread and oval pies are formed.
- Then they are transferred to a sheet or in a deep frying pan, greased with fat..
- From above, each pie is glazed with sour cream and baked in the oven at 200 degrees for 30 minutes.
Sorcerers with minced mushroom
You will need the following ingredients:
- medium potato tubers (from 10 to 12 pcs.);
- dried mushrooms, preferably porcini (60 g);
- wheat flour (5 tbsp. l.);
- starch (about 1 tbsp. l.);
- a pair of onion heads;
- sunflower oil;
The process of cooking potato wizards with minced mushroom meat:
- Mushrooms are pre-soaked in water (no more than 4 hours) and boiled until tender.
- The mushroom broth is passed through a sieve, and the mushrooms themselves are very finely chopped and fried with onions and spices.
- The potatoes are boiled and made into a homogeneous puree.
- Pour flour with starch into it and mix.
- Put the finished filling into potato cakes and carefully fasten the edges.
- Next, they are rolled in flour and fried until a pleasant golden crust appears..
For minced meat, you can use both fresh and frozen mushrooms..
Potato wizards are very nutritious and delicious. They will be a great dinner for the whole family. Various sauces will help to reveal the deep taste of the dish, and the correctly selected spices will add a touch of piquancy to a variety of fillings..