Tourist lunch at home kitchen – potatoes with stew
Who among us does not like to go out into nature and cook a delicious dish accompanied by the singing of birds? Perhaps the most common delicacy for a tourist is potatoes with stew. Its delicate taste and pleasant aroma will forever remain in the memory as the most pleasant moments of life. However, such food is easy to prepare at home:
- in a frying pan;
- in a slow cooker;
- a saucepan;
- in the oven.
The main thing is to adhere to the general rules for creating a dish..
In the last century, it was difficult to buy canned meat on the territory of the Soviet Union. She was “taken out” only by acquaintance and for a lot of money. Today this product is sold in supermarkets and specialty stores. For potatoes with stewed meat, this type of meat is suitable:
When buying, it is advisable to look at the percentage of the amount of meat in the can. The best option is 70%. Of course, homemade stew is the most chic ingredient for this dish. In any case, the hostess can pamper the family with a delicious lunch of tourists. Consider a few recipes with a photo of potatoes with stew, which are prepared by our dear compatriots.
As practice shows, beef or pork stew of the highest grade contains much less fat and layers. Therefore, it is better to give preference to just such a product..
See also the article: Pork Steak Roast Levels!
Delicious treat in 50 minutes – potatoes with stew
Basically, stewed potatoes are a simplified roast that is cooked much faster. It will require such simple products:
- stew of any kind;
- soft potato tubers;
- onions (several pieces);
- large carrots;
- vegetable oil;
- Bay leaf.
Tips for Cooking Potato Stew with Stew:
- To save time, experienced housewives prepare vegetables right away. Peel, wash and dry the potatoes, carrots and onions. Then the ingredients are chopped: finely onions, potatoes – in cubes, and carrots are rubbed on a coarse grater.
- Vegetable oil is poured into a wide frying pan and fried first onions, then grated carrots. Stir occasionally, simmer for about 10 minutes. Then add diced potatoes to the pan. Stir, pour over with water, salt and boil for about 30 minutes.
- Next, they throw meat stew into the vegetables, pour in a little boiling water, sprinkle with seasonings, put a bay leaf.
- Mix well and simmer for another 10 minutes. Sprinkle the finished dish with chopped herbs.
It is advisable to cook the product over moderate heat so that the liquid does not boil away so quickly..
Let’s make a gorgeous lunch in a wonderful saucepan
Many will agree that the multicooker appeared in the home kitchen relatively recently. Despite this, the unit is actively used for cooking various dishes. Thanks to a set of programs, they turn out to be juicy, healthy and with a unique taste..
For potatoes with stew in a slow cooker, you need several popular products that experienced housewives always have at hand:
- small potatoes;
- top quality stew;
- vegetable oil;
- tomato paste;
- seasonings (curry, hops-suneli);
- Bay leaf.
The order of performance of work consists of the following simple operations:
- Potato tubers are thoroughly washed under a moderate stream of clean water. Wipe with kitchen napkins. After that, cut into cubes of approximately the same size (peel off if desired).
- Peeled onions are chopped into small slices. Put it in the bowl of an electronic saucepan, where the vegetable oil has already been heated. Turn on the “Fry” mode and stew for about 10 minutes.
- Grated carrots are added to the onion. Stir.
- After another 10 minutes, spread the meat stew, potatoes, salt and season with pasta and seasonings. Select the “Stew” option, cook for about 45 minutes.
- Chopped garlic is dipped in a dish 10 minutes until fully cooked.. Served for dinner, sprinkled with herbs.
In order not to spoil the taste of the delicacy, garlic is added in accordance with the rules of preparation.
Juicy product for a quick hand
This unique recipe for potatoes with stew in a saucepan will appeal to busy people who try to do everything quickly.. For the dish, you need to take such simple components:
- beef stew;
- young potatoes (in summer season);
- medium-sized onion;
- Bay leaf;
- dill (several branches).
The popular option for cooking potatoes with stew in a pan requires the following actions from the culinary specialist:
- At the height of the summer season, when young potatoes appear, it is just the right time to use them for a “field” dish. Therefore, the first thing to do is remove a thin peel from it, cut it into small pieces, and then put it in a saucepan..
- Next, the carrots are cut into circles or rubbed on a coarse grater. The onion is chopped in half rings. Then the vegetables are sent to a container with potatoes..
- A portion of stew is laid on top of the vegetables, salt, seasonings, laurel are added. After 15 minutes, the resulting foam is removed. Stir and cook for another 20 minutes.
- At the very end the dish is sprinkled with a handful of chopped fresh dill. Served hot as a main course for a family meal.
Such potatoes are obtained with an excellent aroma, juicy, tender and even suitable for dietary nutrition..
In order not to oversalt the product, you should take into account the taste of the stew, which is put in the dish..
A delicious treat in pots
In ancient times, when food was cooked on wood and in the oven, our grandmothers used unique dishes – clay pots. The food in them turned out to be surprisingly tasty and tender, so modern housewives also use this type of dishes. This is especially true if there is a lot of homework. The secret is that you just need to put food in the pots, send it to the oven and do other things for an hour.
Consider grandma’s recipe for potatoes with stewed meat in pots, baked in the oven. For the dish, our ancestors took the following ingredients:
- large potatoes;
- pork or beef stew;
- juicy onions;
- carrots with a sweetish taste;
- hard cheese (“Russian”);
- purified water;
- a branch of fresh herbs.
Possible cooking option:
- Peeled onions, washed under the tap, and then cut into small cubes of the same size.
- Carrots are rubbed on a coarse grater so that they are at hand.
- Next, the stew is laid out in a deep plate (if necessary, divided into small pieces). Add carrots, onions and mix well. Diced potatoes are also sent there, and then seasoned with spices..
- Put the prepared product in clay baking pots. Pour hot water over it.
- Sprinkle the potatoes with cheese shavings on top, then cover and place in a cold oven.. Light a fire (if the oven is gas) or turn on the device and bake until the potatoes are fully cooked. About 40 minutes.
Serve the dish for dinner, when it cools slightly, right in the pots. Put chopped greens on top to add flavor and aroma.
It is necessary to fill the pots with liquid at a distance of 2 cm from the edge of the container, but so that it completely covers the food.