Jacket potatoes baked in the oven according to original recipes for family dinners
Jacket potatoes baked in the oven are loved by many. This vegetable has long been revered by the Slavs as a second bread. Without exaggeration, you can cook more than a thousand dishes from it: the tubers are boiled, deep-fried until crispy, and potato flesh is used to make pancakes and casseroles. You can endlessly list all the goodies. A special place is occupied by jacket potatoes. Such a simple dish, but it is simply impossible to tear yourself away from it. And if you bake it in the oven, you get a real masterpiece. Cooking such potatoes is very simple and quick, and the whole family will not only be full, but also happy. There are a huge number of recipes for potatoes in their skins. Every time you can surprise your family in a new way with such a tasty and healthy vegetable..
Spicy potatoes with rosemary
- medium-sized tubers (700 g);
- refined vegetable oil (4.5 tbsp. l);
- a few sprigs of dry rosemary;
- a couple of cloves of garlic;
- coarse sea salt;
- ground black pepper.
The process of creating a dish:
- Wash the potatoes thoroughly with a soft brush or sponge. Transfer it to a fireproof mold and pour in half the oil. Stir the tubers so that the skin is greased on all sides.
- Spread the potatoes and pour the remaining oil into the bottom of the container. Tilt the container little by little in different directions so that it is distributed over the entire bottom.
- Bake potatoes at 180 degrees for 15-20 minutes. It is advisable to set the convection mode.
- Remove the mold and turn each tuber to the other side and cook for another 20 minutes. Turn the potatoes over several times during cooking so that the crust becomes even and browns on all sides.
- About 10 minutes before cooking, add finely chopped garlic and sprigs of herbs to the potatoes in their oven baked uniforms.
When serving, sprinkle with sea salt and seasoned fat on hot potatoes.
Jacket potatoes baked in the oven with garlic and cheese
- potatoes (8-9 pieces);
- sunflower oil (3 tbsp. l.);
- garlic (2 cloves);
- any hard cheese (70 g);
- fresh herbs.
- Wash the young potatoes and put them on paper towels to remove excess moisture. After, put in a pot of water and boil.
- Drain the water, dry the tubers again and crush them a little so that they turn out to be slightly flattened.
- Separately, pour oil into a bowl, add garlic chopped into gruel and aromatic spices into it. Mix everything thoroughly. Let it stand for a while so that all the ingredients give their taste and aroma. The mixture can be made spicy or soft, it all depends on personal taste preferences..
- Grease the bottom of the baking sheet and place the potatoes. Then cover each tuber on all sides with a spice-oil mixture, add salt and put in a mold. Top it up with chopped herbs and grated cheese. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees and bake for about 15-20 minutes, periodically checking the readiness of the dish.
Jacket potatoes in the oven should turn out ruddy and fragrant. A crispy crust forms on top, and inside there will be a delicate and crumbly pulp. This contrasting combination will give the dish a special charm..
Jacket Stuffed Potatoes
- large tubers (10-11 pieces);
- thin slices of ham or smoked sausage (150 g);
- processed and hard cheese (120 g each);
- cloves of garlic (3-4 pcs.).
- Cook the washed tubers in boiling water for 5 to 7 minutes. Carefully remove with a slotted spoon so as not to damage the skin and dry.
- Cut each potato in half lengthwise.
- With a teaspoon, carefully remove some of the pulp.
- Fill the middle with chopped ham, melted cheese and garlic.
- Garnish with hard cheese shavings on top. Bake in any convenient form for about 15 minutes.
You can serve jacket potatoes with mayonnaise or sour cream, as well as fresh herbs.
Baked jacket potatoes in foil
For jacket potatoes baked in the oven, you will need the following ingredients:
- medium tubers (7-8 pcs.);
- butter (150 g);
- Rinse the potatoes and let them dry. Then in several places pierce with a knife with a thin blade.
- Melt the butter, grease all the tubers with it, salt and wrap with pieces of foil. Cook for 30 minutes.
- You can add paprika, hops-suneli or chicken seasoning to the butter..
Calorie content of jacket potatoes baked in the oven, about 93 kcal.
Plain jacket potatoes never cease to amaze. By playing with different ingredients and spices, you can create unique flavors. An interesting option is to bread the tubers in fine salt and flour. Potatoes are even tastier when served with sour cream or tomato sauces. It is not a shame to serve such deliciousness to the guests. They will definitely ask for a recipe.