How to make tomato juice at home without a juicer?
There are times when tomatoes burned out in the garden or began to deteriorate. To avoid the situation of transferring products, you can make tomato juice without a juicer at home. The ground and boiled tomato drink will be perfectly preserved in this form until winter..
Tomato juice in the diet
Tomato juice should be added to meals at least once a day. This life-giving liquid has many properties, namely:
- Medicinal. The composition contains a natural substance pectin, thanks to which atherosclerosis can be avoided. Also, this substance prevents varicose veins, reduces the likelihood of venous thrombosis and has a beneficial effect on the entire circulatory system. In addition, due to the presence of pectin, tomato juice obtained without a juicer lends itself to excellent preservation at home, as it has a jelly-like texture. In its pure form, pectin is extracted from vegetables to serve as a food additive, as a structurant in the production of juices, drinks, yoghurts, mayonnaise and others;
- Useful. Vitamins found in tomatoes – A, B, C, H, P, PP saturate the body and have a beneficial effect on metabolism. Potassium, calcium, magnesium, iron, phosphorus and others have a positive effect on the cardiovascular system;
- Invigorating. Saturated with vitamins, carbohydrates, useful elements, dietary fiber, organic acids, tomato juice simultaneously quenches hunger and thirst. In addition, one glass of such a drink immediately feels a surge of strength and invigorating energy..
Canned tomato juice
Making provisions from tomato juice is an easy, cheap and quick option. If you have a juicer, you shouldn’t even think about wasting time and effort. For those who are still wondering how to make tomato juice without a juicer, several options will be presented..
Recipes for creating tomato juice for the winter without a juicer
To make juice, you need tomatoes, salt, a meat grinder, two enamel bowls, a saucepan, a sieve or cheesecloth.
Tomato juice from red tomatoes
- Wash tomatoes, peel and cut in half.
- Grind in a meat grinder.
- Pour the mass into a saucepan and boil.
- Pass the boiled tomato puree through a sieve to obtain a homogeneous structure.
- Add bulk: salt and sugar, to taste.
- Boil the grated liquid again in a saucepan over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Sterilize jars and lids.
- Pour tomato juice with pulp into jars and roll up. No need to wrap and turn over.
Tomato juice for the winter without a juicer is ready.
8 liters of tomato need 100 g of sugar.
Tomato juice from yellow tomatoes
Yellow tomatoes are fleshy, dense and have little liquid. It is advisable to preserve juice from such vegetables with pulp. To make this nectar, it is better to choose the following varieties: honey drop, honey spas, persimmon.
- Go through 1.5 kg of tomatoes, there should be no spoiled ones. Wash and cut into pieces.
- Grind yellow vegetables in a meat grinder, then rub on a sieve.
- Boil the juice in an enamel saucepan, add salt and sugar, and boil for 15-20 minutes.
- Pour the finished mixture into pre-sterilized jars and roll up.
Tomato juice with added basil
- Washed 5 kg tomato, cut into 4 pieces.
- Scroll in a meat grinder, then through a sieve.
- Boil the juice with the pulp for 20 minutes.
- Pour in a tablespoon of salt and a teaspoon of sugar.
- Add a sprig of basil, no matter dried or fresh.
- Sterilize jars for 5-7 minutes, then pour tomato juice into them and roll up.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7xOIshgrEk
When boiling a tomato, you need to remove the foam from the top so that the juice boils faster.
Tomato juice with garlic
- Peel the washed 11 kg tomato from the stalks and cut.
- Place in a meat grinder and grind. You get a mixture with bones and pulp.
- Put the chopped tomatoes on the stove for 30 minutes. Then reduce the heat and add 500-700 g of sugar, mix and add 150-180 g of salt. Boil for another 10 minutes.
- Add 5 cloves of garlic, previously chopped through a crusher, a tablespoon of vinegar, half a teaspoon of ground red pepper, 5 teaspoons of cinnamon and a few peas of allspice. Boil the juice with all the ingredients for another 20 minutes.
- Pour into jars and roll up. Tomato with pulp ready.
Tomato juice with pulp and sterilized cans
For those who do not know how to make tomato juice for the winter, a recipe without a juicer and without a meat grinder is at your service. There are also cases when there is not even a meat grinder at hand, and a lot of overripe tomatoes are waiting for their canning..
- Overripe 1.5 kg tomato, rinsed.
- Remove the peel. If it is difficult to remove, then place the tomatoes in a colander, rinse with boiling water, and then with cold running water. The rind breaks and it becomes very easy to remove.
- Take the same colander again, put peeled tomatoes in it and, using a crush, heat the vegetables. Such a kitchen tool will act as a press. If there are options to use a press of a different design, you can use it.
- The resulting pulp should be filtered through cheesecloth. Add 2 teaspoons of salt to pure juice.
- Pour the tomato into jars, place in a saucepan with water up to the “shoulders” of glass containers and sterilize for 20 minutes from the moment the water boils.
- Cover and seal. Turn the jars, wrap them up and let cool. Use every day in winter.
Tomato juice without a juicer at home can be closed with various additives: celery, vinegar, bay leaf, it can even be combined with other juices: apple, beetroot, carrot. It all depends on your preferences and capabilities. The canning steps will not change significantly, only the taste will change as a result.