How to cook pickle for the winter in jars – culinary recipes from grandmother
Real housewives know how to pamper their loved ones with delicious and healthy food. In winter, when there is a shortage of fresh vegetables, they use canned food prepared in summer and autumn. Winter pickle in jars is a dressing that helps enrich the dish with healthy vitamins. In the process of preparing the blank, methods of gentle processing of products are used in order to preserve the maximum amount of valuable components in them..
The recipe for a canned first course may include the following main ingredients:
- Carrot. Gives the dish a sweetish taste and richness, has a number of beneficial properties for the body.
- Salted cucumbers. The main component of pickle for the winter in banks. For the first course, pickled cucumbers, not lightly salted cucumbers. Successfully salted, they have a salty-sour taste and a pleasant aroma of spices. So that they retain their shape, before being sent to the general mass, they are doused with boiling water.
- Fresh cucumbers. Some recipes contain this ingredient, when choosing a product you need to make sure that the vegetable is really fresh and crispy..
- Olives, olives. They have a delicate taste with a spicy bitterness. They make the workpiece not only tasty, but also beautiful in appearance.
- Milk mushrooms. May be sweet or bitter. Great alternative to cucumbers.
- White roots of parsley, parsnip or celery. They have a specific aroma, give the twist a unique pronounced taste.
- Onion. The vegetable is prized for its piquancy and sweetness, and requires special heat treatment..
- Tomato paste or tomatoes. Have a pleasant sour taste and pleasant smell.
- Bell pepper. Rich in nutrients. Pickle for the winter in jars with the addition of pepper has a fresh, appetizing aroma. Looks beautiful in banks.
- Vegetable oil. Necessary for special heat treatment and to give the workpiece a special aroma.
- Spices and fresh herbs. This is the highlight and the finishing touch to any culinary masterpiece. For pickle, white or black peppercorns, bay leaves, cloves of garlic, chili are usually used. In addition to parsley and dill, the soup is perfectly complemented by other types of herbs, for example, spinach, celery, basil..
Some recipes are complemented by the following foods:
- Rice. The groats have a soft, light taste. Used as an ingredient for the first multicomponent dishes, regulates the thickness of soup, borscht or pickle.
- Barley grits. Differs from barley in a more delicate, buttery taste.
- Pearl barley. Hearty and healthy product. The pearl barley is boiled separately, as it can give the dish a bluish tint. Pickle with pearl barley in jars is harvested by housewives for the winter in small quantities.
The fact is that barley, rice, as well as other cereals affect the duration of conservation. Therefore, if you are not sure that food supplies will be consumed in the shortest possible time, it is better not to use these products for canning..
Also, during the cooking process, you will need sugar and vinegar in small quantities..
The traditional recipe uses cucumber pickle. It can be added during the preparation of the dressing if the liquid has evaporated. Chefs also recommend not to salt the workpiece, but to regulate the salinity with brine..
Each housewife will be able to choose a certain set of products for the pickle, guided by their own capabilities and imagination.
Heat treatment methods
In the process of preparing blanks for pickle from fresh cucumbers for the winter, you may need to know some culinary techniques.
Let’s get to know them:
- Sauteed – frying in fat at a temperature of 120 degrees to soften the product. Aromatic and coloring substances at this stage pass into vegetable or animal fat.
- Roasting. Long heat treatment: the product is fried in oil until an appetizing crust forms at a high temperature.
- Languor. This is cooking without haste using a slow fire. The dish acquires a delicate aroma and rich taste..
- Cooking. A common method of heat treatment by heating food in a liquid: broth, water, milk.
- Blanching. Fast scalding or scalding with boiling water. Used, for example, to peel tomatoes.
- Quenching. Processing products in a small amount of liquid over low heat, adding seasonings is allowed.
What broth is pickle made in?
Lunch canned food is not a ready-made dish, but a preparation that is added to the broth.
There are several types of broth:
- meat and bone;
Lamb or broth on the bone is a good complement to vegetable mixes without cereals. Beef or poultry giblets go well with barley grits, and rice – with turkey or chicken meat. Vegetarians usually make pickle for the winter with fresh cucumbers and mushrooms. Well, fish lovers use stellate sturgeon, beluga or salmon without adding cereals to prepare broth.
The broth is usually cooked over low heat for about 2-4 hours. 20 minutes before the end of cooking, add carrots, white roots, bay leaves, onions. Filter the finished broth, add pieces of peeled potatoes and canned multi-component dressing.
Pickle for the winter in banks – recipes
We present a selection of pickle recipes for the winter. There is no doubt that one of the suggested recipes will become your favorite and will turn daily cooking for the whole family into a pleasant experience..
Recipe N1: Fragrant vegetable preparation with the addition of root vegetables
Pickled pickle pickle for the winter is prepared as follows:
- Cut 1 kg of carrots into strips.
- Finely chop 100 grams of white roots.
- Peel 1-2 onions and cut into half rings.
- Immerse all prepared vegetables in a pan and fry in a small layer of fat.
- Add a couple of tablespoons of tomato paste, a little sugar to the vegetables.
- Rinse 500 grams of rice thoroughly and blanch in boiling water until the weight doubles.
- Cut into rings 0.8 kg of pickled cucumbers.
- Mix all the ingredients, add salt to taste, add a little chopped greens.
- We rinse the jars and sterilize them in the oven for at least 10 minutes. We spread the resulting mass into jars, cover them with clean lids and sterilize again in a saucepan filled with water. The water should reach the “shoulders” of the cans.
- We roll up the twists, turn them over and wrap them with a warm blanket. A few days later, we take the canned food to a cold place..
Choosing a suitable container capacity. One twist should be used at a time. For a family of 3-4 people, this is approximately a 0.5 or 0.7 liter jar.
Recipe N2: Pickle with lamb
- Prepare meat, wash and boil.
- Cooking the vegetable mixture: saute 0.5 kg of onion and 0.5 kg of carrots.
- Add 200 grams of tomato paste to the mixture and simmer until tender.
- Chop 0.5 kg of pickled cucumbers and add to the total mass.
- Salt and pepper to taste, add 4-5 tablespoons of vinegar.
- We put the products in the jar in the following sequence: first the meat, then the bay leaf, then the vegetable mixture and pour the broth.
- We sterilize the jars at a temperature of 120 degrees in the oven for 1.5-2 hours.
Recipe N3: Harvesting with fresh cucumbers
- We wash and boil 160 grams of pearl barley until half cooked for about 20 minutes.
- We prepare 400 grams of the following ingredients: carrots, onions, fresh cucumbers, tomatoes, bell peppers. Peel vegetables and cut in any way.
- Finely chop 2-3 cloves of garlic, add to vegetables.
- Add 120 ml of water, pearl barley to the vegetable mixture, as well as 1 tablespoon of salt without top and one spoon of sugar. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add 40 ml of vegetable oil and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- We add 40 ml of vinegar and a few leaves of bay leaves and herbs to the mixture. Leave to languish for another 10 minutes.
- We put it in jars and sterilize.
Recipe N4: Canned first course with mushrooms
Mushrooms or milk mushrooms are suitable for the preparation of preservation. Boil them first and rinse them thoroughly..
Then we proceed as follows:
- Fry half a kilo of mushrooms together with finely chopped carrots and onions. You will need two carrots and one large onion..
- Add 1 kg of pickled cucumbers to the pan, reduce the heat and continue to simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- We add 50 ml of vegetable oil and vinegar, as well as 100 ml of tomato paste. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Salt and pepper the workpiece. We put it in banks, roll it up and immediately put it in a cold storage place.
Having prepared a dressing for pickle for the winter in banks, the hostess greatly facilitates her work. It is enough just to supplement the cooked broth with a tasty preparation and add a couple of potatoes. You can serve the dish with rye bread. Meat pickle served with sour cream.
The most practical storage option is in sealed containers of 0.5 or 0.7 liters. If the family is large, liter cans can be used. With full compliance with the recipe and maintaining optimal conditions, such preservation will retain its qualities for 10 months. That is why it is recommended to store the product in the refrigerator or in a cold basement. If cans are stored at temperatures above 5-6 degrees, for example, in a closet, then the shelf life is reduced. It is recommended to use such stocks within 6 months..
Try different combinations of vegetables and you will undoubtedly make your own culinary discovery that will appeal to all members of your family.!