Plasterboard ceiling in the nursery (65 photos)
Creating a cozy nursery for your child is one of the main tasks of parents in interior design. It takes time and effort to harmoniously divide zones for sleep, entertainment, creativity and study. If the decision about decorations, textiles and furniture can be discussed with the little owner of the future room, then the choice of the ceiling is the main dilemma for adults, which arises even before the start of the renovation. A plasterboard ceiling in a nursery will be the most successful choice, because this material is not only aesthetic, but also practical, reliable, and can also become an excellent background for the implementation of design ideas.
GKL ceilings: advantages and disadvantages
From drywall, you can build multi-level or single-level structures of various shapes, which will give a special charm to any room. Before you start equipping a nursery with this practical material, you should understand all its features, pros and cons.
1. The smooth surface of the material is able to smooth the ceiling, hide its minor imperfections and roughness.
2. Under the plasterboard ceiling, you can perfectly hide communications.
3. The shape of the structure is not limited to two or three options. The choice is endless – drywall is so flexible and lightweight that it allows you to create a surface of any desired shape.
4. Possibility of mounting spotlights. This option is able to perform two tasks at once: additional lighting of the room and beautiful decoration..
5. Simplicity of assembly and disassembly due to the low weight of the plasterboard ceiling.
6. Multilevel ceiling is able to visually expand the room and make it more spacious.
7. Environmental friendliness, which excludes harmful toxic substances from the composition of the material.
8. Fire safety. This is also a very weighty argument in the direction of gypsum plasterboard ceilings..
9. Affordable loyal pricing policy.
1. Average moisture resistance. Drywall cannot be classified as materials that are famous for their high moisture resistance. This becomes a small disadvantage only in the case of the bathroom and kitchen, where a good hood would be the best solution. For other rooms, this property does not pose a problem..
2. Decrease in ceiling height by about 10-15 cm.
3. Color change. Over time, drywall may become slightly darker than originally.
4. This material is not entirely suitable for new buildings, which may settle over time. Cracks may appear.
Single-level ceiling in the nursery
Such a classic solution will fit well into the design of a small children’s room. This type of finish looks laconic and stylish. Smooth surface, monotony, the absence of unnecessary protrusions and shapes can be an excellent background for any style solution: sea, classic, country, Provence.
If the overall picture of the room looks too simple, it can be easily diluted with bright photographs, pictures, original children’s furniture and colorful curtains. The design can be changed if desired. Color the ceiling with permanent paint, wallpaper, self-adhesive foil, or even decorate with stones or precious metals. A single-level ceiling in a nursery is a great opportunity to create a comfortable dream room without cluttering up the space..
Two-level ceiling in the nursery
This type of ceiling is ideal for children’s rooms, which should be multifunctional rooms that combine all areas at once: from educational to creative. Best of all, a two-level ceiling will look in a large spacious room that allows you to accommodate such a multi-tiered structure. The geometry and shape should be individually selected taking into account all the characteristics and design of the room.
Simple tips will help make the kids’ corner even more comfortable and cozy. For example, a long scale room can be balanced with square boxes located approximately at the same level (distance). Cut lines can expand walls or make them flatter..
Also another great option to diversify a room is to create variety in certain areas of the space. For example, a recreation area can be decorated with a stretch ceiling with cartoon characters or geometric shapes, and a ceiling with built-in lighting can be created above the study area. It will look very elegant and unusual..
One of the most popular types of ceiling combination is the combination of plasterboard and stretch ceiling. This provides an excellent opportunity to make all the most daring design decisions and children’s dreams come true. For example, curved and rectangular design options, multi-level compositions and the manufacture of stylish tiers using drywall and a special tension form.
A big plus of combined ceilings for a children’s room is that they can combine completely different colors, shapes and textures. Such colorful contrasts and accents will appeal to every child and fill the room with the energy of joy. The design and atmosphere of the room will immediately become inspiring and enjoyable for active pastime and pacifying relaxation – something that every loving parent strives for..
Lighting and illumination
Another important factor in decorating a children’s room with a plasterboard ceiling is high-quality and correctly selected lighting. Even the most extravagant and stylish ceiling can get lost in the background without proper light. It is worth planning in advance each individual element and its location, so that later it would be easier to fix them in specially prepared holes..
The most successful light technique in combination with a plasterboard ceiling can be called diode and neon strips. They create a particularly beautiful effect of gentle glow and visually help to increase the height of the room..
If there is a desire to use chandeliers, then they should not be too bulky. Compact ball-shaped elements are ideal. Spotlights will be a decorative addition to the main light source, which will help to evenly distribute the light waves..
Plasterboard ceilings in the nursery – photo
A large collection of photographs of the interior of a children’s room with a plasterboard ceiling will help you decide on the texture, color and shape of this reliable material. Thanks to visual interior examples, you can easily make sure that this choice is really worthy of attention..