Unusual combination: zucchini jam with lemon and orange
For everyone who is tired of the standard jam tastes, new, unusual recipes are provided. Zucchini jam with lemon and orange resembles the taste of pineapple. It can be safely called a delicious dish because of its originality. Such jam can be eaten with tea or simply spread on bread. Fruit and vegetable filling will also look great in pies and buns..
Why citrus zucchini?
It would seem that such fortified fruits – lemon and orange – no longer need any supplement. Oh, no, no. Excellent zucchini, like nothing fits into this mix. Even baby food contains a zucchini base. This is because its pulp is easily digestible, does not hinder the work of the stomach, and stimulates the functions of the intestines. Along with a bunch of vitamins in this vegetable (A, C, B1, B3), it also includes useful trace elements: iron, magnesium, calcium, potassium. These positive components affect the functioning of the brain, heart, liver, muscles. Thanks to dietary fiber, toxins, cholesterol and excess fluid are removed from the body. The use of zucchini is highly recommended for obese people. And in conjunction with lemon and orange, going on a diet will be a sheer pleasure. Only the squash diet cannot be followed in winter. For this, modern cooking has prepared many recipes for canning zucchini, one of which is zucchini jam with lemon and orange. In addition to jam, this set of ingredients can be used to make compote.
Using canned zucchini with fruit, you can get rid of such diseases: hepatitis, cholecystitis, gallstone ailments, atherosclerosis, hypertension, colitis, nephritis, obesity.
Zucchini is the very rare vegetable that does not lose its beneficial properties during long storage and canning. Therefore, be sure to use recipes for squash and orange jam in order to maintain immunity at the proper level. After all, a natural product is always better than tablets. And food without preservatives, hand-made, is a doubly pleasant joy for the body..
What you need to make jam?
Along with the main ingredients: zucchini, lemon, orange, sugar is needed … a lot of sugar. Jams and preserves require a lot of sugar. Usually the ratio of the components is 1: 1, however, the recipes are different. To make the jam, you will also need a kitchen appliance, namely, an enamel pan, so that the raw materials do not burn. Instead of a saucepan or basin, you can use a multicooker, it will greatly facilitate the process..
Zucchini jam with peeled oranges
- Prepare 1 kg of courgettes: wash, cut in two and remove the seeds, pass through a coarse grater. Can also be sliced.
- Transfer the grated zucchini to an enamel bowl and cover with 3-4 glasses of sugar. Set aside for 5 hours to extract juice.
- After the required time has elapsed, put the vegetable in a saucepan on the fire and cook for about 20 minutes. After the procedure, let it cool for 4 hours.
- During this time, we are preparing an orange. Peel clean 3 pieces of orange and chop finely.
- We take out the cooled zucchini, stir in the orange and send it for re-cooking, which will last 15-20 minutes. Set aside again for 2-4 hours.
- We boil for the third time and enjoy the ready-made zucchini jam with oranges.
- For those wishing to preserve the jam for the winter, the hot mixture should be immediately placed in sterilized containers. Empty jars are sterilized in advance using an oven, microwave or kettle. Cork the jam with lids, turn it over, wrap it up and let it cool.
- The listed items gave the answer to the question: “How to cook marrow jam with orange.” Bon Appetit!
You need to cook the jam only in an enamel saucepan, in order to avoid burning the mixture. If, suddenly, this happens, then the burnt areas must be removed. When storing sweet food, the burnt taste will be felt.
Zucchini jam and orange with peel
- 1 kg of courgettes, washed clean, are freed from seeds and cut into small pieces.
- The same is done with 2 pieces of oranges..
- The two ingredients are mixed together and 800 grams or more of sugar are poured in. Sent to a cool place or in the refrigerator for a day.
- The next day, the resulting assortment is placed in an enamel bowl or pan, and placed on the stove. Begin to cook for 35 minutes over low heat, stirring so that the mass does not burn.
- Pour the finished jam into pre-sterilized jars and roll up the lids.
Zucchini jam with oranges in a slow cooker
If the standard recipes for making zucchini jam take more than a day, then cooking zucchini jam with oranges in a slow cooker will take only up to three hours.
- Wash 1 kg of courgettes under running water and wipe dry. Cut into cubes.
- Pour in 1 kg of sugar and set aside to let the juice go for 30 minutes.
- Since citrus fruits will be boiled with the peel, they must be thoroughly washed with a brush. Dry.
- Cut 1 orange into small pieces, removing the seeds. You can add 1 lemon to the assortment, you get zucchini jam, orange, lemon slices. In the end, the taste will be with a pleasant sourness..
- Sterilize jars with lids (can also be done with a multicooker).
- Mix ingredients and place in multicooker bowl. Press the “Jam” button and set the timer for 2 hours.
- Fill the jars to the top and tighten the lids immediately. After cooling completely, the jam can be moved to the pantry..
Instead of lemon, you can use citric acid in an amount ½ teaspoon for 1 kg of zucchini.
Zucchini jam with lemon and orange is an unusual dish for sweets. The easy cooking process according to modern recipes will delight all family members. You can enjoy not only the taste, but also replenish the body with vital vitamins.
Zucchini jam with lemon – video