How to make pumpkin juice at home for the winter
You can make pumpkin juice at home for the winter right after harvest or later, when you have more free time. Although the pumpkin can be stored for a long time, the finished juice takes up much less space than large fruits. Even after heat treatment, pumpkin retains most of its beneficial properties. You can improve the quality of the drink by adding the juice of various fruits and berries..
How to make healthy pumpkin juice
To get delicious pumpkin juice, you must strictly follow the technology of its production at home. It is important not only to choose the right pumpkin fruits for juice, but also to take into account all the nuances and subtleties of their processing.
What can happen and what can be avoided when harvesting pumpkin juice:
- So that the pumpkin juice does not taste bitter, you do not need to use overripe large fruits. There are also pumpkin varieties that are simply not suitable for juice use. The pumpkin will be bitter if there was too little moisture during the period of its growth. With prolonged storage, bitterness also appears in the fruit..
- By itself, pumpkin juice has a thick texture. To obtain a thinner juice, water is added during preparation. The finished drink is diluted with apple or orange juice.
- The natural composition of the juice does not contain any preservatives or acids. When preparing for the winter, add citric acid or natural lemon juice. Lack of acid can lead to fermentation.
- To preserve the juice until the next pumpkin harvest, it is necessary to store the rolled juice cans in a cool dry place..
To prepare juice, use a juicer, a juicer, a meat grinder or prepare it in a simple manual way. Pieces of pumpkin are boiled or baked in the oven with the addition of water.
Apple and pumpkin juice at home for the winter
Among the huge number of recipes for making juice for the winter, a special place belongs to the recipe with the simultaneous use of apples and pumpkin. This is not just a delicious juice, it is divinely tasty and healthy juice for both children and the elderly..
Ingredients for juicing:
- any sort of pumpkin – 4 kg;
- medium lemon;
- 2 kg of ripe juicy apples;
- a glass of sugar;
- 0.5 l of water.
- Wash and dry the fruits thoroughly. Peel and seed. Cut pumpkin and apples into medium sized pieces.
- Place prepared ingredients in a deep bowl or saucepan. Add water, put on fire and boil.
- Cook for 10 minutes to soften the pumpkin and apples. Drain the water, and pass the boiled fruits through a juicer. Heat treatment is optional. Immediately pass the fresh ingredients through a juicer. The cooked pieces of apples and pumpkin can simply be grinded with a blender until a smooth puree is obtained..
- Put the lemon in the microwave for 2-3 minutes, and then squeeze the juice out of it.
- Pour sugar and lemon juice into applesauce. Add boiled water. Mix everything well and bring to a boil. Boil for 3 minutes.
- Pour hot juice into clean dry jars and immediately roll up with sterilized lids.
Store the workpiece in the basement or closet.
Pumpkin juice in a slow cooker
To prepare pumpkin juice, they use a modern kitchen gadget – a slow cooker. The drink will definitely turn out tasty and healthy. The only drawback is making a small amount of juice at a time..
Calorie content of 100 g of pumpkin juice from a multicooker – 31 kcal.
2.5 kg of prepared pumpkin pulp will require one lemon, a glass of sugar, 20 g of citric acid and 2 liters of purified water.
Drink preparation method:
- Wash the sweet pumpkin thoroughly and dry with a paper towel. First, cut into several large pieces for easy peeling of the dense peel and removal of seeds.
- For laying in a multicooker, cut large pieces of pumpkin into smaller cubes. Pour water into the cubes.
- Select the “Extinguishing” mode and set the timer for 40 minutes. Close the lid and press the “Start” button.
- After turning off the unit, use a blender to beat well the boiled pumpkin.
- Squeeze the juice out of the lemon and add it to the puree. Pour in sugar and citric acid. Mix everything well. If the juice is too thick, you can add more boiled water..
- Run the multicooker again so that the juice boils and boils for a couple of minutes.
- Pour hot juice into jars. After cooling completely, move the juice cans to the closet or cellar.
Pumpkin and gooseberry juice for the winter
This recipe uses a juicer to make juice. The amount of pumpkin and gooseberry is taken in a 1: 1 ratio.
For 1 kg of pumpkin, you need to take a glass (200 ml) of natural honey.
- Prepare the pumpkin before putting it in the juicer.
- Get pumpkin juice with a juicer.
- Sort out and wash the gooseberries. Put on a towel to dry the berries.
- Pass the berries through a juicer.
- Pour both juices into a deep container and add honey. Stir thoroughly to completely dissolve the honey.
- The juice must be pasteurized so that it can be sent for long-term storage. To do this, pour the juice with honey into clean sterile jars..
- Place a wire rack in a large saucepan at the bottom or place a folded towel in several layers. Next, install cans of juice, having previously covered them with lids.
- Pour water into a saucepan so that the necks of the cans remain above the surface of the water.
- Put the pan on fire and start the pasteurization process. After boiling, keep jars of juice for 25 minutes.
- Roll up hot cans immediately.
Pumpkin juice with orange recipe
There is nothing complicated in the recipe for making juice from oranges and pumpkin. The pumpkin itself does not have a special taste, but adding a little citrus to it, you will get a juice that is simply extraordinary in taste..
Ingredients for making juice:
- peeled pumpkin – 5 kg;
- two medium-sized oranges;
- thin-skinned lemons – 2 pcs.;
- 600 g sugar;
- citric acid – 10 g.
- Cut the pre-washed pumpkin into several large pieces so that it is convenient to select seeds and cut off the peel. Cut the peeled pieces into small wedges.
- Transfer the pumpkin to a deep container and cover with settled water. Simmer over medium heat until the pumpkin pieces are tender. Beat with a blender until puree.
- Pour lemons and oranges with boiling water. Remove the peel from the fruit and grind it with a meat grinder.
- Add sugar, zest and chopped citrus pulp to the pumpkin puree. Pour in water in the amount of 1/3 of the puree. Cook until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Banks are well washed and sterilized in the oven or microwave.
- Pour hot juice into jars and roll up the lids. Wrap with a warm blanket and stand until completely cooled.
Carrot and pumpkin juice at home for the winter through a juicer
By combining the beneficial properties of carrots and pumpkin into one whole, as a result, you will receive a drink that is unique in terms of medicinal properties..
Carrot and pumpkin juice should not be consumed in case of disruption of the gastrointestinal tract.
Wash and peel the carrots (2.5 kg). Peel and seeds of sweet pumpkin varieties and cut into pieces (7.5 kg).
Use a juicer to process the pumpkin first and then the carrots. The result is a liter of carrot juice and 3 liters of pumpkin juice.
Pour both drinks into one saucepan and boil. When boiling, remove the foam. Pour in 100 g of sugar and mix well. Boil juice for 3 minutes.
Pour the prepared hot juice into sterilized jars. Roll up and wrap up with a warm blanket. After a day, put the workpiece in the pantry for storage.
How to make pumpkin juice with pulp
Aromatic thick pumpkin juice is prepared without the use of a juicer. Almost any kind of pumpkin is suitable for making a drink. The amount of sugar depends on the sweetness of the pulp and personal preference..
For 5 kg of pumpkin pulp, add 10 g of citric acid.
- Wash the fruit well and dry it with a paper towel. Cut into large pieces and remove seeds. Slice the pumpkin into strips for easy peeling.
- Cut the completely peeled pumpkin into cubes and place in a saucepan.. For 5 kg of prepared pumpkin, you need a 10 liter container.
- Add enough purified water to cover the pumpkin pieces. This will make a thick juice, the consistency is more like mashed potatoes. For a thinner drink, add more water.
- Set the saucepan over medium heat and bring to a boil. Juice preparation time – 10 minutes. If the pulp of the pumpkin is too dense, then it will take more time to soften it..
- Using a hand blender, thoroughly beat all the boiled pumpkin pieces until puree.
- Now is the time to add sugar and citric acid to give the drink the desired sweetness. For approximately 7.5 liters of ready-made juice, add 350 g of sugar and 10 g citric acid.
- Place the saucepan on the fire again and bring it to a boil. To prevent the juice from burning, you need to stir it..
- Pour the flavored juice into previously prepared sterile jars and roll up.
Dilute thick juice in winter before use with any other liquid juice.
Cooking pumpkin juice in a juicer at home for the winter with dried apricots
Making juice for the winter is easy and simple with the help of a juicer. The drink always turns out to be tasty and healthy. You only need two ingredients – dried apricots and pumpkin. The number is taken at random according to personal preference. You don’t need to add sugar at all.
- Pour clean water into the lower compartment of the juicer up to the upper mark. Put the container on fire.
- Install the beverage collection device and place the sieve.
- Put pre-peeled and chopped pumpkin with dried apricots on a sieve. Close the lid tightly. Steam fruits over medium heat.
- Place the sterilized can under the hose for collecting the finished juice.
- Remove the full jar and substitute it for a friend. Roll up the hot juice immediately. Withstand until completely cool and send for storage in a cellar or pantry.
The shelf life of a delicious drink will increase if the jars are kept in the refrigerator..
Tandem of sea buckthorn and pumpkin juices
When the time comes for the ripening of sea buckthorn, you can prepare a fortified drink from sea buckthorn berries and pumpkin pulp.
Ingredients for the drink:
- ripe sea buckthorn berries – 1.5 kg;
- pumpkin juice – 5 l;
- clean water – 250 ml.
To prepare pumpkin juice, use any method available to you. You can simply boil the pumpkin with a little water and grind it with a blender until puree is obtained. Good pumpkin juice is made with a juicer.
To obtain sea buckthorn juice, the berries must first be sorted out, washed and dried. Pour into a deep saucepan and add water to coat the fruit. Boil the contents until the berries are soft.
Rub the boiled mass through a metal sieve. Mix both juices in one container. Pour in a glass of water and boil again.
Pour hot juice into jars. Roll up and send for storage.
We have presented only a small part of the ways to make pumpkin juice for the winter. Prepared pumpkin juice at home for the winter will be a real help on cold winter days. A healthy drink will help improve the health of all family members, because it stores the vitamins and minerals necessary for the body.