Cooking apricot jam with orange
Sweet foods are always loved by a family member. For such sweets, it is imperative to prepare apricot jam with orange. It readily goes away immediately after preparation, as well as with tea in winter. The resulting sweet joy can be eaten immediately or preserved in jars for the winter. Jam is perfectly preserved in a corked form in the pantry.
When apricot trees have given a large harvest, it will be pointless if it disappears. From bright yellow fruits, you can make compotes, juices, jams, preserves. A variety of culinary recipes will help you make dishes from apricots. Below are step-by-step descriptions of the preparation of apricot jam with the addition of citrus fruits.
The usefulness of apricot, orange and lemon
The three ingredients are intelligently combined to create a sweet dessert – apricot jam with orange and lemon. You will get not only a fortified dish, but also very tasty.
The presence of citric, malic, tartaric acids in apricots, as well as vitamins A, B, C, H, E, P, make them a healthy fruit. The abundant content of iodine in the fetus makes it possible to treat thyroid diseases. Thanks to pectin, toxic substances are removed. Trace elements potassium, magnesium, phosphorus and others normalize the vital functions of the body.
Orange, which carries vitamins and useful microelements, improves appetite, improves the functioning of the heart, blood vessels, stomach, intestines and, in general, strengthens the entire body.
Lemon is popular for its huge content of vitamin C. Lots of other vitamins, along with it, help the body to cope with colds and simply serve as a preventive measure.
Orange and apricot jam (with seeds)
This recipe for apricot jam with oranges can be cooked in three runs for an average of 20 minutes, and there is the possibility of one, which will take an hour to cook. Both options are equally effective and will keep your food in good quality..
- Wash ripe, firm 3 kg apricots, divide into halves and remove the pit (do not discard).
- Rinse two oranges, cut into pieces and send to a meat grinder along with the peel.
- Place apricots in an enamel basin and add ground citrus. Pour 2 kg of sugar on top, do not stir. You can shake the basin slightly so that the sugar is scattered proportionally over the surface of the fruit. The resulting mixture, from which the future apricot and orange jam will be, should be covered with a lid or towel and set aside for several hours, usually this procedure takes 3 hours. It all depends on the juiciness of the apricot, if you see that the juice has stood out enough, then you can not wait for 3 hours.
- We put the basin with the contents on the stove and cook for 35 minutes. At the same time, we remove the foam, because its presence can subsequently give mold. The cooked mass should be set aside for 8-10 hours..
- We repeat the procedure twice more. After the third time, pour the finished hot mixture into jars and twist tightly. We wrap in a warm blanket and wait for cooling.
- Enjoy your consumption!
You can add kernel kernels to the provided jam recipe. The dish will acquire an unusual taste and will be saturated with an additional set of vitamins. For this, the removed bones are not thrown away, but gently broken with a hammer. The resulting nucleoli should be added to the mass at the last cooking.
Apricot jam with oranges and lemon
You can also add lemon to the usual apricot-orange jam for a slightly sour taste. Thus, you get a very tasty apricot jam with oranges and lemon. This dish can be done in two ways: boil the fruit or leave it raw. Provisions in any of these cases will be well stored, because there is a lemon.
Option 1. Apricot jam with oranges and lemon (boiled)
- Pour over ripe whole apricots (1kg with seeds) with water and leave for 2 hours.
- Drain and dry with a towel. Remove pits.
- Place the halves of the fruit in a bowl and add 0.9-1 kg of sugar. In this state, the apricots should stand for 12 hours (set aside overnight).
- Wash one lemon and an orange, cut into small pieces. Be sure to remove all bones. Optionally, you can grind them in a meat grinder or blender.
- It’s time for the present apricot mass, into which the ground citrus should be mixed.
- Place the bowl of fruit on the low heat stove and simmer for about half an hour. Allow to cool. Then again boil for 10 minutes.
- Arrange the jam in two 0.5 liter jars (the ingredients are designed for this amount) and, immediately, twist tightly.
- Apricot jam with orange for the winter with the addition of lemon is ready. Have a nice tea in winter.
The color of the finished jam depends on the time spent on the fire: 10 minutes give a light shade and a liquid consistency, from 15-20 minutes you will get a thick and dark sweet dessert.
Option 2. Orange jam and apricot with lemon (no boiling)
To prevent the jam from fermenting and keeping it for a long time, citric acid or lemon is added to the ingredients. Raw jam from apricots and oranges is not hot processed, which means that it retains the entire range of vitamins and does not change the taste.
- 2 kg of cleanly washed apricots are pitted.
- Thoroughly washed, one lemon and an orange, grind with a blender together with the peel. Grind the apricot with them.
- Mix the resulting fruit puree with 3 kg of sugar.
- Sterilize jars with screw caps.
- Divide the mixture into jars, pour a spoonful of sugar on top, in order to avoid the appearance of mold on the surface during storage. Screw up.
- The jam is ready!
If you want a jam with a spicy bitterness, orange peel and lemon do not need to be removed..
Apricot jam with orange can contain not only lemon, but also lime, grapefruit, gayanima, rangpur, citron and other citrus fruits. Apples, plums or pears will also perfectly complement this jam. Only when rolling a mixture of different ingredients for the winter, it is advisable to stir in half a teaspoon of citric acid per 1 liter jar.