Amazing sweet cherry jam for the winter with the addition of other fruits from the garden
Cherry jam for the winter is an excellent solution to the preservation of healthy berries for a long time. You can cook this potion from whole cherries and pitted berries. The process of taking out the core requires some perseverance and time, so basically everyone is trying to use cherries with seeds. In any of the options chosen, the result will be incomparable. It is possible to process cherries into jam not only in their single form, they go well with lemon, orange, strawberries, raspberries, cherries and even walnuts. Each additional fruit brings its own unforgettable flavor. You can see all the recipes below.
Related article: cherry jam recipe.
Cherry jam with lemon
Only 1 kilogram of sweet cherries will be used to make sweet cherry jam with lemon. You will also need a little citrus – 1 medium-sized fruit. To convert components into jam, you need to prepare a kilogram of sugar. If you have white cherries, then the amount of the main ingredients will be the same, only the sugar should be increased by 200 grams. So you can make a great white cherry lemon jam by following the steps below..
- Wash the berries. Go over, getting rid of bones.
- In an enamel bowl or saucepan, mix the selected fruits with sugar. Send to a slow-fire burner.
- Turn pure lemon into slices of any shape you want.
- As soon as the cherry mixture boils, lemon slices should be poured into it. While stirring, cook until thick.
- The hot drug should be packaged in a sterile container and hermetically sealed with a lid.
Wormy fruits should be soaked for 15 minutes in brackish water.
Cherry jam with walnuts
To make an extraordinary cherry jam with an addition of walnuts, you will need 1 kilogram of berries. 100 grams of fresh nuts will help to make the dish unusual, and 800 grams of sugar will give sweets..
- Carefully remove the seeds from cleanly washed berries. Can be done with a special apparatus or scrupulously with your hands.
- Remove the shell from the walnut and chop it into pieces slightly smaller than the cherry.
- The recipe for cherry nut jam involves putting each piece of nut in the middle of the cherry, in the place where the bone once was. If there is no desire or time, you can simply mix nuts with berries..
- Place the stuffed cherries in a saucepan and top with sugar. Leave for 1 – 1.5 hours..
- Turn on a small fire and wait for the granulated sugar to completely dissolve. When the desired result is achieved, turn off the fire and wait about 5 hours until the components are saturated with each other..
- Repeat the cooking procedure with a 5-hour interval a couple more times.
- Pour the finished drug into clean and sterilized jars and close it tightly with a lid. Bon Appetit!
Use only fresh nuts. The rest will give an unpleasant aftertaste and bitterness to the jam.
Sweet cherry and strawberry jam
Making cherry jam with the addition of another berry, strawberry, will not be difficult. It will take about 700 grams of cherries with a bone and a pound of strawberries. Half a teaspoon of citric acid will help to dilute the natural sweetness of the ingredients, and sugar will turn everything into jam – 1 kilogram.
- Wash the berries, removing all greens and stalks.
- Remove the seeds from cherries.
- Place the cherries in a saucepan with a thick bottom, cover with half kilograms of sugar. Put strawberries on top of it and cover with the remaining 500 grams of sugar. Leave the future cherry jam for the winter for 10-12 hours in a calm position, so that the juice begins to stand out.
- After the specified time has elapsed, put on a hotplate with low heat, boil and boil for 5 minutes. Turn off the heat and wait 5 hours for complete cooling. Repeat the procedure 3 times..
- The cooking time for the third time should be increased by 10 minutes. In this way, cook for 15 minutes, then add citric acid and simmer for another 5 minutes..
- Pack in clean jars and close hermetically for the winter.
Cherry jam with gelatin
Get a thin, tender cherry jam will help 1 tablespoon of gelatin. For the preparation of winter sweets, 500 grams of berries, boiled in 200 grams of sugar, will be used. To create jelly jam, you need another 450 grams of water..
- Carefully remove the seeds from the washed cherries.
- Combine the given ingredients in a saucepan: berries, water, sugar. Boil and simmer for 5 minutes over low heat.
- Place a spoonful of gelatin in water, in the amount of 2 tablespoons. Wait for swelling and only then use a water bath to dissolve the granules.
- Send the gelatin into a saucepan with cherries and bring to a boil again, but do not boil. Pour hot jam into clean jars, cork and wrap in warm linen. After complete cooling, remove the blanket and move the workpiece to the pantry.
The gelatin must be fresh and the amount used is strictly according to the recipe. Otherwise, instead of jam, you can get compote.
Cherry and cherry jam
Sweet and sour jam is made from cherries and cherries. Instead of the standard use of sugar, 1 cup of fresh honey is offered for this sweet dish. Based on this, you need to take three kilograms of cherries and cherries.
- Sort out the berries, washing each one thoroughly. 1.5 kilograms of cherries and send the same amount of cherries to sterile jars, filling them halfway.
- Remove the seeds from the remaining berries, place the pulp in a saucepan and pour in honey. Boil until thick.
- Pour the boiled honey-berry mixture into jars, some of which are already occupied by fresh fruits with seeds.
- Collect clean water in a saucepan and immerse the jars with the contents there for the sterilization procedure, which lasts 30 minutes.
- Remove from water and seal with lids. Ready!
If honey is not at hand, then 250 grams (1 cup) of honey can be replaced with 2.5 cups of sugar diluted in 100 grams of water.
Sweet cherry jam with orange
Ripe red cherries can be used to make a stunning jam. To do this, you need to pick about 1 kilogram of berries. 1 large orange will help you add a citrusy flavor to a sweet dish. This number of components will require 1.2 kilograms of sugar..
- Wash the orange very thoroughly, because its peel will also take part in harvesting. Then grate the zest and squeeze the juice from the citrus.
- Pour sugar into a saucepan, add zest and pour juice over everything. Boil the mixture.
- Squeeze the pure cherries with seeds into the syrup and boil for 5 minutes. Turn off the heat and let it brew for 10 hours. Repeat the procedure 4-5 times..
- Arrange the cooked mass in jars and twist tightly.
The readiness of the jam can be determined by one drop, which should be placed on the smooth surface of the plate. If the liquid spreads, then the jam is not ready yet..
Cherry jam for the winter is prepared uncomplicated, the main thing is to follow the steps presented above. Using a multicooker in this dish will significantly reduce the time and give you no less tasty jam than boiled in the usual way in a saucepan. Enjoy your tea with cherry jam!
Video recipe for sweet cherry jam with almonds