Unusual tomato jam
The season of active canning is not just stocks for the winter, but also an incredibly creative process. Among the many recipes, tomato jam is especially popular. This is an original, unusual piece with a unique taste. One has only to try it once, and it will forever settle in the landlady’s notebook. The most popular tomato jam recipes with photos can be seen below in the article.
A simple recipe for tomato and lemon jam
The main component of this delicacy is tomatoes. They must be chosen responsibly. After all, excessively soft fruits during heat treatment will turn into mashed potatoes, and this should not be. The tomatoes needed for this recipe are dense. Cherries or other small varieties of tomatoes are great..
Vegetables must be ripe, without green or white hard veins inside the flesh.
- 1.5 kg of ripe red tomatoes;
- one medium lemon;
- 1.5 kg of sugar;
- half a packet of vanilla sugar;
- 1/4 teaspoon dry ground ginger.
You can choose the most suitable density of tomato jam at your discretion. To obtain a thick consistency, vegetables need to be boiled more in time or add a special thickener. If you strictly follow the recommendations, then such a product in terms of density will be similar to sour cream. This is the best option, because such jam can be used for making desserts or served as a sweet sauce..
- Wash lemons and tomatoes thoroughly. Make small cross-shaped cuts on the tomatoes. Scald them and citrus fruits with boiling water.
- Peel the tomatoes, cut each into 4 pieces, place in a saucepan for cooking. Sprinkle the tomatoes on top with sugar. Soak for about 40 minutes..
- Cut the lemons into wedges or pieces, remove the seeds. Grind in a meat grinder without removing the peel. Add a bag of vanilla sugar to them.
- Boil tomatoes with sugar, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Leave the mixture to cool completely. When the tomatoes have cooled, boil them again. This time, cook for 40 minutes, stirring regularly. A long wooden spoon, a spatula, is suitable for this purpose..
- After this time, add chopped lemons to the tomatoes. Cook this mixture for another 20 minutes. At the very end, put ground ginger powder in the jam, mix thoroughly, turn off.
This concludes the preparation of the treat. It remains to put the jam in clean jars, it is better to have a small volume of 0.5 liters and roll it up. The sweetness must be kept at room temperature, and then put into a closet or pantry to save supplies..
Yellow Tomato Jam
Those who are not afraid to experiment in the kitchen and try something new and exotic can make yellow tomato jam. It is very beautiful and tastes a bit like pineapple. To prepare it, you need to take not red, but bright yellow tomatoes. They are tasty, without sourness, so they are ideal for preparing sweet stocks..
To make tomato jam for the winter you need:
- 1.5 kg of ripe yellow tomatoes;
- 1.5 kg of sugar;
- a can of canned pineapples (preferably in pieces);
- a packet of vanilla sugar.
Steps for making yellow tomato jam:
- Scald vegetables with boiling water to make it easier to remove the skin. Peel off. Put prepared yellow tomatoes in a saucepan, cover them with sugar.
- Open the jar with canned pineapples, drain the syrup into a container for the tomatoes with sugar. Boil the mixture, then boil over low heat for 15 minutes. Remove the pan from the stove, remove until completely cooled. Then boil again for 15 minutes and cool again.
- After that, add pineapple pieces to the tomatoes. If they are in a jar in rings, then cut them into small pieces..
After boiling, cook the mixture of tomatoes and pineapple for 20 minutes over low heat. Distribute slightly cooled jam into jars. Roll up the containers with dessert, leave on the table until they cool.
Such amber jam made from yellow vegetables is an excellent dessert for tea. It will surely surprise guests with its unusual taste. They will guess for a long time what this sweetness is made of..
Recipe for cherry tomato jam with star anise
This recipe will take a little time to make red tomato jam. Just a day with minimal effort and that’s it, an unusual delicacy is ready.
Components for making cherry tomato jam:
- 1 kg of ripe cherry tomatoes;
- 0.45 kg of sugar;
- one medium lemon;
- 0.5 sachet of jam thickener;
- one star anise.
- Boil water in any container. Make a small cross-shaped incision on the cherry near the stalk. Hold the tomatoes in boiling water for 30 seconds, remove the peel.
- Wash the lemon, cut into two halves. Remove the zest from one part, then squeeze the juice. Cut the remaining lemon into thin half rings.
- Fold the peeled cherry into a cooking dish, add chopped citrus, zest and star anise to them. Top it up with sugar.
- Place the pot on the stove. After boiling, reduce the heat and cook for 60 minutes, stirring all the ingredients regularly. After an hour of cooking, turn off the gas, cover the container with a lid and leave in this state for a day at room temperature.
Then add lemon juice to the tomatoes, stir and boil again.
At the beginning of cooking, there will be little liquid, but later the tomatoes and lemon will juice up, and the consistency will become optimal.
In order for the jam to turn out to be liquid, the mixture needs to be cooked for only an hour. For those who like thicker stocks for the winter, add a special thickener after boiling. Boil for 5 minutes, turn off and distribute to banks.
Exotic Tomato Jam is Cavity Ready! Guests will be surprised by this product. An unusual combination of lemon with a taste of star anise will not leave anyone indifferent.
To keep the jam for a long time, you will need to roll it up in sterilized jars. If long-term storage is not provided, then it is enough to pack the product in containers using nylon caps. In this form, it must be kept in the refrigerator, but no more than 20 days..
If you follow the cooking process, tomato jam will turn out to be fragrant and very tasty. It will become the most favorite delicacy not only for children, but also for adults..