A simple recipe for lingonberry jam for the winter and its variations
The autumn season is rich in various berries and fruits, which, in the hands of housewives, turn into winter preparations. A simple recipe for lingonberry jam for the winter is easy to implement, but not everyone can cook a dessert. The inhabitants of the northern regions are incredibly lucky, where small bushes with bright red placers grow on hummocks in the forests. Lingonberry is not only very tasty, but also healthy. It can be harvested fresh for the winter, made jam or kept in sweet syrup. There are many recipes that you can do at home..
Lingonberry, mashed with sugar
The vitamin-rich berry can become a real home pharmacy. In fresh form, it is not only well preserved, but also does not lose its useful properties. Lingonberry is often called the “berry of immortality” due to its rich composition. This ability of the berry should not be missed, so it must be kept fresh..
Lingonberry, mashed with sugar, contains vitamins A, B, C, E, PP in abundance. It can be used as a nice treat or as a cold medicine..
To prepare the workpiece, it is necessary to carry out preliminary preparation. The berries are washed and dried on towels. Jars and lids are sterilized over a boiling kettle or in another usual way.
- 3 kg of lingonberries;
- 3 kg of sugar.
Since lingonberry is a sour berry, it requires a lot of sugar. To make the delicacy sweet, you need to take the components one to one.
Well washed and dried berry is placed in a deep cup.
For cooking, you need a blender, food processor or meat grinder:
- The berry is crushed in any way possible. If you don’t have a hand blender, you can use a meat grinder. Lingonberries should become a homogeneous mass.
- After chopping the berries, sugar is poured into the cup. You must carefully mix both components..
- The cup with the blank is left for 10 hours. Sugar must completely dissolve
- Before pouring into sterilized jars, the jam is mixed well again..
The lids must be well closed. This workpiece is not heat treated. Such lingonberry jam for the winter, the simplest recipe of which does not require cooking, can stand for a year or more in suitable conditions.
Jars with plastic lids can only be stored in the refrigerator. Under the tin – in a cool room.
Lingonberries in syrup for the winter without cooking
Another way to make fresh lingonberries is to pour syrup over them. When the berry is infused, it will become sweet and take on a refreshing taste. Lingonberries in syrup for the winter without cooking are prepared from high-quality berries. Pre-spoiled and rotten ones are removed. The berry is washed and laid out in sterilized jars.
In this recipe, the main thing is to properly prepare the syrup. You can pour the berry with both cooled and hot liquid..
Lingonberry is good in all varieties. It keeps well fresh, but no worse in jam. You need to start cooking with the preparation of dishes and raw materials. Banks must be sterilized over steam or in the oven. The berry should be well, washed so that there is no reason for fermentation.
Pour 500 ml of water into a saucepan and bring it to a boil.
300 g of sugar and lemon juice are added to the syrup. Everything must be boiled until all grains are completely dissolved.
Berries can be poured immediately or after the liquid has cooled.
It is imperative that the syrup covers the lingonberries and reaches the neck. The cover must be used with a dense nylon or tin. The jar must be well closed. Store the workpiece in a cool place..
A simple recipe for lingonberry jam for the winter
Despite the fact that the fresh berry has a sweet and sour taste with a slight bitterness, it changes after heat treatment. The recipe for lingonberry jam for the winter allows you to maintain a delicate aroma. Also, the berry does not lose its piquancy. The bitterness leaves, leaving a sweet and sour aftertaste.
Ingredients for 2 liters of jam:
- 1 kg of lingonberries;
- 1200 g sugar;
- 250 ml water.
Cooking does not take long. The berry is pre-washed and sorted out. The spoiled fruit must be removed. Remove excess water with a colander and towel. Banks must be sterilized.
To make lingonberry jam for the winter, a simple recipe for which does not require a lot of time, you need to have a large saucepan on hand:
- Water is placed in it and brought to a boil.
- The berries are dipped into boiling water for 2 minutes. These manipulations allow you to remove bitterness from the fruit..
- 250 ml of water is poured into a saucepan and 1200 g of sugar are poured. The syrup is brought to a boil with constant stirring. It is necessary to reduce the heat and hold the pan on it for another 5 minutes.
- The berry is poured into the syrup, and the whole mass is brought to a boil.
- To pick up the berries, they need to stand for several hours under a lid..
- Cook the jam the second time for 15 minutes. Then it must be left to infuse overnight..
- The third time the delicacy is cooked for 20 minutes and poured into sterilized jars. It must be well closed with tight lids and placed under the blanket until it cools..
It is important to store the workpiece in a cool dark place so that it does not lose its bright color and taste..
Jam can be cooked in a saucepan on the stove top or in a slow cooker. The berry is perfectly preserved in sterilized jars all winter. It is also frozen fresh in the refrigerator, grinded with sugar or poured over with syrup. No matter how the lingonberry is cooked, it retains its inimitable taste and healing properties..