Amber sea buckthorn and juicy apples compote
Fruit drinks are loved by everyone, without exception. Sea buckthorn and apple compote is a real storehouse of vitamins and microelements. Many interesting recipes for making compote: you can add any ingredients and select to taste. Can be preserved, prepared for future use for the winter or immediately drunk hot or chilled after cooking.
Benefits and contraindications of sea buckthorn
Sea buckthorn is considered a useful berry, containing a large amount of vitamins, helping to raise immunity and fighting colds, and is also a very tasty product..
Sea buckthorn is rich in various vitamins and minerals: carotene, ascorbic acid, vitamins A, K, P, vitamins of group B, vitamin E of youth, and the main protector against colds – vitamin C, folic acid, organic acids and tannins. And also with fats: on average, about 5% fatty oil. Contains serotonin or, as it is also called, “the hormone of happiness.” Therefore, sea buckthorn and apple compote will always support the body in winter and improve mood.
Decoctions have a mild laxative effect. In the fight against obesity and, when you need to keep a positive result, sea buckthorn berries, fresh or dried, help out.
Contraindicated in patients with urolithiasis and indigestion.
The most valuable product from sea buckthorn – sea buckthorn oil, is used in the treatment of various ailments.
Sea buckthorn is recommended to be given to children from 3 years old. For colds and infectious diseases, you need to make a tincture of sea buckthorn berries and give the child three times a day.
Important properties of an apple
An apple is a storehouse of vitamins B, C, P, as well as a source of potassium, manganese, and iron. This fruit is hypoallergenic, so people prone to allergies can include it in their diet. Eating apples every day stabilizes blood pressure, strengthens tooth enamel and bones, and the pectin in apples improves complexion and has a rejuvenating effect on the skin..
Apples are included in the list of foods on many diets because they burn excess fat, and the fiber in these fruits makes you feel full and dulls hunger. To dull the pain of acute gastritis, apples baked in the oven with honey are recommended. To get rid of intestinal infections, it is enough to eat 1-2 fresh apples or drink 1.5 glasses of freshly made juice.
If a person has a lack of iodine in the body, he needs to eat 6-7 apple seeds on an empty stomach..
The body absorbs grated apples better, but you should not remove the peel, since it contains substances that remove excess cholesterol from the blood and liver, as well as antioxidants that significantly reduce the risk of the formation and development of cancer cells.
Few people know that apples, along with lemon and sea buckthorn, are very useful for colds. It is enough to grate them, add honey or sugar. And you can eat a few teaspoons on an empty stomach..
Making apple and sea buckthorn compote for children is not at all difficult: several unusual recipes that differ in an unusual, magical taste and retain all the most useful substances from berries.
The classic recipe for sea buckthorn and apple compote
A berry is selected that is ripe at the beginning of autumn, which should be firm and not overripe. It is necessary to rinse very well and sort everything out, since if there are spoiled berries, this can make the taste of the drink unsuitable for consumption, and also affect storage.
Recipe with photo: sea buckthorn and apple compote that novice housewives can prepare.
- water – 3 l;
- sea buckthorn berries – 300 g;
- apples – 200 g;
- sugar – 200 g.
- Sort fruits from impurities, rotten and unripe fruits. Wash apples and sea buckthorn berries under running water. Remove seeds and core from apples, peel and chop, or leave whole, place in a saucepan.
- Add sea buckthorn, sugar and water.
- Put a saucepan on the stove, bring to a boil and simmer over low heat for 10-15 minutes. The berries should become soft, but not overcooked, while maintaining their intact shape. Leave the compote to brew for 2 hours.
- Strain from berries and pour into a jug. Compote is ready, you can drink it hot and cold, pour it into beautiful glasses and enjoy its taste, color and aroma.
This compote is very useful for those with diabetes. The berry activates the endocrine functions of the pancreas and relieves the patient’s condition.
Sea buckthorn and apple compote in a slow cooker
Let’s prepare a refreshing apple and sea buckthorn compote in a slow cooker, it can be canned and stored at normal room temperature.
- water – 3 l;
- sea buckthorn berries – 400 g;
- apples – 300 g;
- sugar – 250 g;
- mint – 2 sprigs.
- Wash and dry the berries. Wash, core and cut the apples.
- Put the prepared food in a slow cooker, add water, add sugar. Select a soft boil program to preserve the beneficial qualities of the drink. For example: cooking “Soup” or “Stewing”, set the time 45 -55 minutes.
- At the end, add mint sprigs and put on heating for another 5-10 minutes.
A wonderful drink is ready!
It is not recommended to cook sea buckthorn and berries compote in an aluminum dish, as the material is oxidized and toxic substances are released. Cooking should be done in enameled or stainless steel pots, use stainless steel or wooden spoons.
You can make a preparation according to the recipe: sea buckthorn and apple compote for the winter without sterilization. While our ingredients are cooked in a multicooker, we pasteurize the jars and lids for preservation..
Pour hot compote into prepared jars, tighten the lid. Be sure to check the tightness, turn the jar upside down and leave to cool completely. Such preservation is stored at room temperature. And in the cold winter, opening the can, you can enjoy the magical aroma and excellent taste..
You need to store compote in jars in places where there is no bright light – this way the beneficial properties are better preserved.
Sea buckthorn and apple compote for the winter is prepared by many hostesses, it is very useful, has a fragrant taste, and resembles orange nectar in color.
Sea buckthorn and apple drink with a spicy taste
Prepare sea buckthorn and apple compote, adding orange and cinnamon at the end of cooking. This recipe is simple and easy to prepare, has a unique taste, and gives vigor. Cold winter will remind you of warm sunny summer.
- water – 2 l;
- fresh or frozen sea buckthorn berries – 200 g;
- apples – 300 g;
- sugar – 150 g;
- 1 orange;
- 1-2 carnations;
- 1/3 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Wash and dry sea buckthorn berries.
- Wash the apples, remove the core, cut into wedges.
- Put the prepared food in a saucepan, add water, add granulated sugar and cloves. Bring to a boil and cook for 10-15 minutes over low heat.
- Take an orange and wash it with hot water, cut into slices. At the end of the compote, add the chopped orange in 2-3 minutes.
- Compote of bright sea buckthorn and juicy apples is ready, you can drink it hot and cold. You can add a little cinnamon to the hot compote, which will add a unique aroma to the drink..
Making compote is not at all difficult; you can improvise by adding various berries and fruits. Put sugar to taste too, inventing new recipes for unusual drinks, treating your family and your friends.
Sea buckthorn blanks for the winter – video