Zucchini compote will surprise you with its taste
Thirst-quenching and healthy zucchini compote will be suitable for you at any time of the year. Zucchini is a versatile vegetable that does not have a pronounced taste, but it is very useful. Due to the fact that it is able to absorb the aromas and tastes of nearby ingredients, zucchini is popular in canned food, especially in compotes..
The positive side of a vegetable of the pumpkin family is that it is able to normalize water metabolism in the human body. It is highly recommended for children and the elderly, because zucchini is not capable of causing any allergic reactions. Zucchini compote and juice is able to calm the nerves, improve the digestive system.
This vegetable is a summer fruit and begins to ripen in early July. Therefore, you can pick young gifts of the garden in the middle of summer, enjoy them in different dishes, and can also preserve for the winter. When making a soft drink from zucchini, it can be combined with other vegetables, fruits and berries. It can be apples, pears, cherries, raspberries, lemon, orange, cherry plum. It all depends on your preferences and mood.
Zucchini should not be eaten raw.
For a standard zucchini compote without additives, you will need 1 large fresh zucchini. By itself, zucchini does not have a pronounced taste, but some people want to drink just such drinks. Still, to add some flavor, take a few cloves. Zucchini with 2 cups of sugar will be stored in 2 liters of water, and half a teaspoon of 6% vinegar essence will provide safety.
- Wash the zucchini, cut it lengthwise and remove the seeds.
- Cut into cubes.
- Pour water into a saucepan, throw in the squash and boil.
- After boiling, add sugar and cook, stirring occasionally, until the zucchini becomes transparent. After that, you can add a carnation..
- Remove the mixture from heat, pour in the essence. Pour into sterilized jars and tighten with lids.
Acetic essence can be replaced with citric acid.
Zucchini compote with orange for the winter
Zucchini compote with orange for the winter is pleasant to the taste. 5 liter jars require approximately 600 grams of seedless courgettes. 2 oranges will fill the drink with citrus flavor and 1 lemon will keep the food safe for a long time. Syrup will be prepared from 500 grams of sugar and 4.5 liters of water.
- Ripe squash pulp is cut into cubes.
- Peel the lemon and orange. Divide the orange into wedges. Cut the removed peel into small pieces.
- Squeeze juice from lemon.
- Fill sterilized jars with zucchini.
- Add zest and orange to the zucchini.
- Boil some water and pour it over the future zucchini compote with lemon and orange. Let it brew for about 20 minutes until the water turns slightly yellow.
- Drain aromatic water into a saucepan, add sugar and boil.
- Add 2 teaspoons of lemon juice to each glass container and pour over boiling syrup. Tighten with lids and wrap in a cloth. The next day, the warm blanket can be removed and moved to the pantry.
Pineapple zucchini compote for the winter
To prepare pineapple compote from zucchini for the winter, you need to prepare 1.5 kilograms of zucchini. For flavor, take 1 orange and a liter of pineapple juice. Half a tablespoon of citric acid will provide preservation, and 0.5 cups of sugar will add sweetness. For the maximum approximation of the similarity of zucchini to pineapple, it is cut into rings. Thus, a compote from zucchini for the winter like pineapple with the listed ingredients acquires not only the taste of an exotic fruit, but also its appearance. There is also an option for preparing such a compote, where canned pineapple can be used instead of pineapple juice. The taste will become more intense.
- Peel the zucchini, remove the seeds and cut into half rings. You can cut into rings, and remove the core after each ring with a glass or glass. It all depends on the size of the vegetable.
- Squeeze the juice from the orange, dilute it with the pineapple and pour into the sliced zucchini. Leave in this state for about an hour.
- Put a saucepan with zucchini on the stove, cover with sugar and citric acid. Boil and seal in sterilized jars.
In order for the zucchini to remain crispy, the boiling procedure must be reduced to 5 minutes, only in this case the compote is not suitable for the winter.
Zucchini and sea buckthorn compote for the winter
The delicious taste of a refreshing drink can be obtained by boiling zucchini and sea buckthorn compote for the winter. For a thirst quencher, you will need up to 1.2 kilograms of zucchini (zucchini) and 200-220 grams of sea buckthorn. The syrup will use 2 liters of water and a pound of sugar. All these components are placed in a 3 liter glass jar for the winter..
- Remove the peel from the vegetables with a knife, divide it in half lengthwise and discard the seeds with a spoon.
- Grind the prepared vegetable into large pieces.
- Pour cubes into the jar so that about 2/3 of its volume is occupied.
- Rinse sea buckthorn berries under running water. Transfer to a colander to drain off the liquid.
- Sprinkle berries over the zucchini.
- Boil water and pour it into the squash mass, leave for 10 minutes. Drain the water into a saucepan and repeat the procedure twice.
- Add sugar to fragrant squash water and boil the mixture.
- Pour the syrup over the jar and roll up the tin. Wrap up and set aside to cool. Compote is ready!
The amount of water in this recipe is provided approximately, a more accurate amount is found out during the canning process.
Plum and zucchini compote
It will take about 30 minutes to create a delicious drink with fruit dessert. Plum and zucchini compote has a sour taste and pleasant aroma. It will need a pound of young zucchini and 300 grams of plums or cherry plums. For pouring, you need 1.5 liters of water with sugar to taste.
- Remove the skins and seeds from the vegetables. Cut into chunks.
- Wash the plums, the seeds can not be removed.
- Mix the two ingredients and cover with plenty of sugar. Set aside for an hour to extract juice.
- In a saucepan, put the fruit and vegetable mixture on the fire. Pour in water, if necessary, so that it slightly covers the fruit. Boil, let cool. Add vanilla sugar and granulated sugar if desired.
- After cooling down, boil the compote again for 10 minutes. Strain and serve. Those who wish to preserve it for the winter should only be poured into sterilized jars and tightly closed.
Some tips for making zucchini compote
- Young, firm zucchini do not need to be peeled. It is so soft and pleasant that it will be invisible in the drink..
- You do not need to digest zucchini, they lose their hardness, lose their crunch, turning into mashed potatoes or gruel.
- Too sour or very sweet compote must be diluted with boiled water.
- Canning a drink for the winter requires mandatory sterilization of cans before starting preparation.
- Freshly boiled zucchini compote without additives can be consumed by adding a few tablespoons of gin to it.