Aromatic cucumbers in their own juice
Delicious and unusual cucumbers in their own juice. You can pickle cucumbers in various ways, but make it in your own juice – only a few know about it. Even a novice cook can handle such a preparation. The process itself takes a little time, and the result is worth it. Diversify your homework!
Fresh cucumber: composition, benefits and harms
Cucumber is a familiar and desirable vegetable on our table. Unique in nature, with an equally unique and varied chemical composition.
In the composition, almost 95% is water, with which you can quench your thirst, remove harmful toxins from the body.
There is a wide and varied palette of microelements that make up the cucumber: iodine, fluorine, potassium, phosphorus, molybdenum and many, many others. It also contains B vitamins, carotenoids, organic acids (ascorbic, folic).
The benefits of cucumbers:
- Contains Natural Iodine to Support Thyroid Function.
- The molybdenum contained in the composition is extremely necessary for the body to normalize metabolic processes.
- Contains tartronic acid, the action of which in the body is to prevent the conversion of carbohydrates into fats.
- Can be used as a healthy weight loss aid.
- Fiber content helps the body perform much better.
- Have a diuretic effect.
- With the help of cucumbers, you can forget what swelling and constipation are..
- Potassium, which is part of the composition, is essential for the normal functioning of the heart and its conducting system..
- Vitamins improve the functioning of all organs and systems in general, increase tissue protection, strengthen immunity.
- Widespread use of cucumber mass in cosmetology: restores the balance of water, eliminates excess oily skin
Harm to cucumbers:
- It is not advised or completely forbidden to eat for those who have problems with the gastrointestinal tract.
- Not recommended for people with stomach ulcers and gastritis.
Cucumbers are not recommended for mothers feeding small children, as they have a good laxative effect..
How to salt cucumbers in your own juice
Cucumbers of different sizes are suitable for cooking: large, medium and small.
Iodized salt cannot be used for salting vegetables, because, firstly, a taste appears from iodine, and secondly, vegetables soften from iodine and they can turn sour. You only need to buy rock salt.
Cucumbers in cucumber juice for the winter can be cooked in the following ways:
- Ferment, and then store under tight lids in the cellar, on the balcony, in the refrigerator.
- Marinate with 9% vinegar, cover with metal lids and store at room temperature.
In order for the cucumbers after salting to be crispy and dense, they should be placed for 3 hours in cold water before salting..
Delicious, crispy, slightly spicy, cucumbers are obtained according to the following recipe.
Recipe: cucumbers in their own juice for the winter
Ingredients for a 3 liter jar:
- 1 kg of large cucumbers, for juice;
- 1.5 kg of medium or small cucumbers;
- 80-100 grams of coarse stone table salt;
- 3-4 cloves of garlic;
- 3-4 pcs. allspice peas;
- 4-5 pcs. peas of black pepper;
- 1/3 a small bitter red pepper;
- 1-2 pcs. carnations;
- 1-2 pcs. bay leaf;
- 1 umbrella of dry dill;
- 2 pcs. horseradish leaf.
If you add bark or oak leaves, cherry or currant leaves, then thanks to the tannins contained in these components, the cucumbers will become crispy and plump.
Very often, housewives throw away large and overripe cucumbers, but after all, they are great for juice and serve as preparations for various dishes: pickle pickles, green soups and various salads.
- It is advisable to salt the cucumbers collected from the garden. Sort and wash thoroughly. Be sure to dry.
- Grate large overripe cucumbers, then add salt, mix and let it brew.
- Put all the prepared spices on the bottom of a clean 3-liter jar: bay leaf, dill, garlic (chopped), fragrant cloves, horseradish leaves, black pepper, bitter and fragrant.
- Add the juice of grated cucumbers. Arrange medium and small fruits neatly and beautifully, pour with brine, filling the voids.
- After 2-3 days, the cucumbers will be lightly salted. They need to be removed to a cold place..
Pickled cucumbers in their own juice for the winter, they turn out to be unusually fragrant and crispy. Very tasty soups are prepared from the juice: pickle, hodgepodge, azu. Can also be used in various sauces, mayonnaises or gravies.
Black pepper: peas and powder, red pepper and other spices soften pickles, therefore it is advised to add no more than the amount given in the recipe.
Salting cucumbers in its own juice without heat treatment (sterilization) is useful to everyone, without exception, as it preserves vitamins and minerals.
You need to store such curls in a cool place, it is advisable to eat them until spring, because then they acidify.
Such cucumbers can easily stand for a long time. Having absorbed the smell of garlic, they will become fragrant and will crunch amazingly.
It is advisable to put a sheet of horseradish on top so that mold does not form. Close well with a plastic lid. Or, in the absence of a horseradish leaf, you can anoint the inside of the lid with ready-made mustard. Such “protection” will not allow vegetables to grow moldy..
Pickled cucumbers in their own juice “You will lick your fingers”
The advantage of this preparation is that you can cook it from vegetables of different sizes, large, non-conditioned and medium ones. In winter, we open mouth-watering, crispy pickled cucumbers in our own juice, put on a large dish and serve for dinner or for a festive table.
- 3 kg of large or medium cucumbers;
- 100 g of sunflower oil;
- half a glass of vinegar 9%;
- 3 tbsp. tablespoons of salt;
- 250-300 g sugar;
- 10 cloves of garlic;
- 2 tbsp. tablespoons of mustard seeds;
- bunches of parsley and dill.
- Wash and sort cucumbers.
- Cut diagonally into 4 parts (very large into 6-8 parts), and in half, should resemble a “lady’s little finger”. Put everything in a large saucepan.
- Chop the dill and parsley. Add the prepared ingredients to the sliced cucumbers: herbs, oil, vinegar, salt, sugar, chopped garlic, mustard seeds and herbs. Mix everything well, cover and leave for 5-6 hours.
- Stir the workpiece periodically for a good soak in the marinade. In the proposed recipe, the role of the marinade is played by cucumber juice with sunflower oil and vinegar..
- Arrange pickled cucumbers tightly in prepared jars, pour cucumber marinade. Cover with sterilized lids.
Be sure to trim the tips of the cucumbers. Firstly, the salting will speed up, and secondly, in the tips, the accumulation of nitrates is the most.
When pickling cucumbers, you need to prepare jars and lids for preservation. Jars can be sterilized in two ways:
- Sterilize well-washed jars. Place the jars on a saucepan with boiling water and leave for 10-15 minutes.
- Put clean dry jars in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
In order for cucumbers in a jar in their own juice to be salted well, they must be stacked vertically. Also, do not put too tightly together, as they will lose their crunchy property..
In order for our workpiece to be well stored, the jars need to be sterilized. We put a special wooden circle or thick fabric folded in 2 times on the bottom of the pan. We put filled jars of cucumbers on top.
Pour warm water into a saucepan, along the “shoulders” of the can. We are waiting for the water in the saucepan to boil, reduce the heat and sterilize:
- 0.5 l – 10-15 minutes;
- 1 l – 20-25 minutes.
Get ready-made cans with a blank and tighten well. Check the tightness, put the cans upside down, leaving to cool completely. Store at room temperature.
In a month, our cucumbers “Lick your fingers” can be eaten, they are very
aromatic, tasty and crunchy.
Pickled cucumbers in their own juice
Prepare cucumber juice from large overripe vegetables – grate. Distribute the resulting mass with juice in jars, add pepper, salt, various spices and pour all this with warm water. Then put small cucumbers there. After 2 days, lightly salted cucumbers will be ready.
Sliced cucumbers in their own juice for the winter
Simple and easy preparation process and few ingredients. As a result, you will get a spicy tasty appetizer that will decorate your table in the future..
- medium-sized cucumbers 4 kg;
- granulated sugar 250-300 g;
- vegetable oil 1 cup;
- table vinegar 1 glass;
- salt, not iodized 1/3 cup;
- a lot of parsley and dill;
- medium onions 4 pieces.
- Wash cucumbers with herbs well, peel the onions. Cut the onion into half rings, cut the cucumbers into rings, and chop the greens very finely.
- Mix everything and add sugar and salt, vinegar, sunflower oil to the mixture. Leave everything to infuse for 3 hours to get a lot of juice.
- After that, they can be eaten immediately. In order to spin cucumbers in your own juice, you need to prepare the jars: wash well, sterilize. Then put the whole mixture in jars, twist and immediately put the top upside down. Leave for about a day under a warm blanket. You can store in the cellar, vegetable store.
According to this recipe, cucumbers are very tasty and have a unique aroma. It is not difficult to cook cucumbers in cucumber juice according to recipes for the winter, but it will be very pleasant to enjoy in winter.