Selection and installation of a pumping station for a private house
Living away from centralized water supply and sewerage systems creates a lot of household inconveniences. But if there is a well or a well, a pumping station for a private house will save the day. The routing of pipes to plumbing fixtures in the house and the raising of water from the bowels are combined into one system. This ensures a constant pressure in the system. If the pump simply pumps water from the well into the container, then the pumping station is a system in which the operation of the mechanism is controlled by automation that maintains the flow and pressure in the water supply.
Pumping station equipment and operating principle
The photo shows the equipment and connection diagram of a pumping station for a private house. The kit includes:
- storage tank or pressure tank;
- pressure gauge;
- pressure switch;
- control automation.
The equipment is selected taking into account the maximum disassembly of all cranes, peak load. You need to know that the parameters, head and pump performance are interdependent. The presence of automation simplifies the maintenance of the water supply system. A pumping station for a private house is installed in a utility room or sump next to the well. The layout of the circuit is also performed there..
Pumping stations of foreign production, depending on performance, cost 400-500 dollars.
The complete pump is chosen not only for the power and height of the column rise, but also for its design:
- A pump with a built-in ejector will lift the water from 45 meters. Water is pushed into the accumulator due to the discharge in the pipe. The pump is noisy, you can install it in a caisson or in a utility block.
- The pump with a remote ejector operates silently, since the unit is located on the suction line at the bottom. But you can pump clean water with such a pump, without suspension..
- A pump without an ejector is used to raise water from a depth of up to 10 meters. Devices work silently, are inexpensive.
A water tank complete with a pump can be either a free-standing drive or a hydraulic accumulator. The storage tank is installed at a height to ensure a stable pressure in the system. The level is regulated by a float. Such a drive is inexpensive, but the risk of flooding the room in the event of a float malfunction is high..
The accumulator has a small volume and is controlled by a pressure sensor. Compact capacity does not require special placement.
A pumping station for a private house with a hydraulic accumulator is the best solution.
The work of the station is controlled by automation. After starting the system, the pump turns on, water enters the accumulator, fills the system. When the required pressure in the pipelines is reached, the automation switches off the pump. The pressure in the water supply is maintained by a storage tank. The pressure in the tank is adjusted by the manufacturer in the range of 2-3 bar. The pressure in the line is controlled by a pressure gauge. This is the principle of the pumping station.
Selecting a pumping station
Manufacturers offer a wide range of equipment. Users do not always choose a station. So, for summer residents with seasonal living, the pump is more suitable. It is impossible to create comfortable conditions in a rural house without a well-thought-out water supply system. How to choose a pumping station for a private house? It is necessary to determine the need for water and the depth of the aquifer, the distance from the well to the pumping station. Data from the well passport will be required:
- the depth of the mine well;
- the statistical level of the mirror;
- dynamic water level.
The water consumption from the taps is determined at the rate of 4 l / min from the tap and 12 l / min per shower. Well pumps in terms of productivity should not exceed the demand by much. Higher productivity increases cost, energy consumption. At the same time, there is a possibility of drainage of the well..
Statistics show that a family of 4 people needs a station with a capacity of up to 4 cubic meters. m per hour, with a pressure of 50 m. A 20 l hydroaccumulator will cope with the task. Domestic pumping complexes have a power of 0.6 – 1.5 kW.
The installation of a pumping station in a private house must meet the following requirements:
- provide a productivity of 2-6 cubic meters. m / hour;
- the volume of the storage tank must provide a reserve in case of a power outage;
- dry running protection is provided;
- have a convenient way of control – automatic, manual or remote.
Pump station manufacturers
All foreign pumping stations should be connected to the mains electricity only through a voltage stabilizer. Electrical equipment of European manufacturers is designed for 230 volt power supply and stable parameters.
Users choose equipment from well-known manufacturers. The following installations are considered the best pumping stations for a private house:
- The Italian Marina stations raise water from a depth of 25 m. They have a cast-iron hull and a reliable automatic regulation system. The power of the installation is 1.1 kW, the productivity is 2.4 cubic meters. m / hour.
- Pedrollo stations are produced for various requests. The depth of the rise of water is 9 – 30 m, the productivity is 2.4 – 9.6 cubic meters. m / hour. Batteries complete with a volume of 24-60 liters.
- Karcher pumping stations are the most demanded, they are considered the best for a private house. Steel hydroaccumulators with a capacity of 18-40 liters, automatic regulation, capacity 3.8 cubic meters. m / hour – all parameters are designed for a family of 4 people.
- The German company Wilo is the oldest manufacturer of pumping equipment. The equipment has a high degree of protection and reliability. Station power 0.55 – 1.6 kW, it is possible to choose a suitable model in a plastic or steel case.
- The Russian company “DZHILEKS” produces pumping stations, but they are inferior in quality to foreign models. Their advantage is the ability to pump turbid water and adaptability to the peculiarities of electrical networks. Assembly of the station is difficult, spare parts are not always available.
When choosing a pumping station, it is necessary to take into account that the metal body and the metal tank will last longer..
It is imperative to choose a manufacturer that supplies products from the homeland of the brand. Products manufactured in third countries are not covered by the manufacturer’s warranty.
Correct installation of the station
How to install a pumping station in a private house? Further work without vibration and unnecessary noise depends on correct installation.
The installation is delivered to the trade ready for connection. All systems are debugged. It remains to determine the place of installation and equip it. A monolithic foundation is being created for the station. Communications are brought to the point of connection. It is necessary to install a check valve at the pump suction so that the system is under the head. A filter is installed on the pipe to prevent pebbles from entering the impeller. The equipment must be installed using anchor bolts using vibration dampers.
The assembled installation is grounded. The suction line is filled with water through a funnel. Turning on the station, check the tightness of all connections. It is better to install the system with the assistance of an experienced specialist. It is necessary to provide for heating the room in the winter. If the equipment is installed in a pit or caisson, the temperature there will not drop below 0 degrees, but the lid should be insulated from above.