Children’s beds (60 photos): types and types, how to choose
Adequate sleep is a prerequisite for the correct physical and psychological development of the child. During a night’s rest, the body grows and gains new strength, the possibility of a high concentration on new knowledge increases. A comfortable bed is the main component of a comfortable sleep. Therefore, its choice should be taken very responsibly, taking into account all the important characteristics. Our article will help you cope with this difficult task..
How to choose a baby bed
Furniture for a child should not only be beautiful and functional, but also fully correspond to his age. There are basic criteria that you should definitely pay attention to when choosing a baby bed. These include the following characteristics:
1. Environmentally friendly components. The bed must be made of pure material (alder, maple, birch). If this is a tree, then it is better that it be 100% natural, without additional components. If you prefer shiny surfaces, then you should definitely clarify with what paint or varnish the polish was created. You need to be sure that the design does not contain toxic waste that can negatively affect the health of the child..
2. Construction. It depends on the fastening of the bottom, the distance between the plank and the mattress, the size and the model of the bed itself. You need to choose a design individually, taking into account the age of the children..
3. Practicality. There are types of cribs that include not only a sleeping place, but also built-in shelves for toys, a changing table and drawers for storing clothes. This is a highly functional option for additional space and cost savings..
4. Absence of traumatic elements. Any type of bed should exclude rough surfaces, sharp corners and other unnecessary protrusions, about which the child could inadvertently get hurt..
5. Aesthetic moment. The main criterion for choosing the right bed is, of course, convenience. But it will be great if the child’s sleeping place fits nicely into the overall design of the room and delights the baby’s eyes. Do not give preference to too bright contrasts. The color of the bed should be in harmony with the shades of the walls. Such a calm design will positively influence the mood of your child..
Types of cribs by size
Correctly chosen bed dimensions are 90% of success. There are several main types. Miniature beds of 90 × 45 size are perfect for babies from the moment of their birth to six months of age. Sleeping place 120×65 is an ideal and practical option for children under 3 years old, and then you should take a closer look at the standard sizes 140×70 or 160×70. Also, do not forget about the level of the bottom. Its height should not exceed 1 m.
A single comfortable bed with dimensions 90×200 will well complement the room of a growing child from 6-9 years old. Another unusual and rational option is a transforming bed that will grow with the children. Its design provides for transformation by folding. This allows you to be sure that such a bed is really capable of serving for a long time..
Types of cribs by design
They become the first bed for the baby. There are two main types of them: a cradle and a cot. The first one is fixed in a regular crib, and the second one is fixed with the help of special racks. A distinction is also made between a standard cradle and a multifunctional cradle. The standard version will play the role of a comfortable sleeping place, and the multifunctional one can include an element of electronic motion sickness, hinged educational toys, as well as the reproduction of pleasant children’s tunes.
One of the most up-to-date models. It has a simple design and is perfect for children from birth to 3 years old. There is a great opportunity to adjust the bottom depending on the age and height of the child. This type of crib can look like a cradle, can be supplemented with wheels, and can also be equipped with a changing table or convenient drawers for clothes or toys..
This is a multifunctional option that will appeal to parents of active children. The design solution consists of several different bottom positions, which can be easily equipped with a cradle. A distinctive feature is the thin mesh that adorns the walls of the crib. The absence of rigid materials and compactness allow you to take the crib-playpen even on a trip.
The name speaks for itself in many ways. Such a bed is capable of launching a pendulum mechanism that exclusively rocks the sleeping place, leaving the legs completely motionless. For added security, there are retainers. They help to avoid unexpected and unplanned rocking..
A very original approach for creating a bright sleeping place. Suitable for children from 3 years old. The appearance of the bed can resemble a fire truck, a bus, a house from your favorite cartoon, or even a sweetness. Such a decision will have a positive effect on the development of the child’s creative abilities. With the help of the necessary decorations, a place for children to relax turns into a little fairy tale.
The main feature is the ability of the bed to transform into another object in a matter of minutes. A small cradle for a one-year-old child can turn into a single bed for a schoolchild. The most popular models include a combination of bed and lockers, bed and play area, bed and indoor podium with multiple drawers for clothes. It is very practical and stylish..
This type of furniture can be classified as multifunctional. Interesting design and original construction will help to connect the sleeping area and the study area. An ideal example is a bunk bed, the lower section of which becomes a desk and the upper section of the bed. A good unusual option for children from 6 years old and for small rooms that cannot be cluttered with an abundance of unnecessary items.