Hallway in a modern style (+67 photos)
To create a harmonious atmosphere in the house, it is necessary to adhere to a single style in each room. This is especially true of the hallway, which is the first to form an impression on visitors. It is used for changing clothes and storing things, which should be taken into account in the planning. Combining functionality with aesthetics in a limited space is quite difficult, but the design of the hallway in a modern style will help to embody the most daring ideas..
Features of modern style
With the help of a modern style, you can organize the hallway as practical as possible, leveling its shortcomings and highlighting its advantages. It comes into conflict with the classical trends, which focus on the decorative component of the interior, and also has a more restrained, spacious look – thanks to the smooth geometry of the lines, solidity of structures and a comfortable palette of colors.
Often, the concept of “contemporary” means a set of modern trends that are united in a single way. Some components of the interior vary depending on the nature of the room, which once again proves the “plasticity” of the style. But how to achieve the desired result if the boundaries of the direction are so blurred? First, start from the features of the space, trying to organize it as rationally as possible. Secondly, to build the design, following the basic principles, which include:
– Minimalism. The interweaving of details is due to practical benefits. So some items with decorative properties, at the same time perform a certain function..
– Nice color scheme. The color scheme is selected in such a way as to favorably “play” in the room, create a favorable atmosphere and become a means of artistic expression.
– Zoning of the area. This principle is used even in small rooms to properly plan each site. The location of the objects follows the sequence of daily processes.
– Space and comfort. A person feels most comfortable in free space – this law also applies to residential interiors. To achieve the desired effect, it is recommended to pay attention to the color scheme, lighting and composition..
– Modern furniture. It means modular products, the configuration of which can be changed at will, as well as built-in items or transformer models..
Despite the presence of clear rules, modern style is considered an excellent “canvas” for design experiments and unusual solutions.
How to think over the layout of the hallway
Entrance hall means the entrance to the apartment. It can additionally include a corridor and a hall, separated from the living area by a partition or a door. There are walk-through spaces, as well as those located in a niche..
Often, not visual techniques are used for zoning, but furniture sets, podiums or plasterboard structures. Thus, it turns out to preserve the integrity of the premises..
It is important to rationally arrange items, providing easy access to them. To do this, it is necessary to take into account the sequence of processes in the hallway (remove and hang up outerwear, take off your shoes), its size and geometry.
The most common scheme is the following: bags are stored at the entrance, then there is a place for changing shoes, after which there is a wardrobe and a mirror in the same area. You can vary the arrangement depending on the area, the number of inhabitants, as well as the presence of children who may need a separate small ottoman.
Colors for the hallway in a modern style
Colors can visually expand or outline the hallway, create a light or deep look, become its invisible background or a bright accent. To achieve any effect, you need to choose the appropriate color combination..
Such an interior is built on neutral combinations of white, gray, sand shades, which can be emphasized with black. The modern style is not afraid to seem boring, but in order to avoid such a result, it is recommended to select coatings with a matte and glossy surface, as well as interesting textures..
Neutral combinations are comfortable for perception and immediately win over visitors. You can not be afraid that some thing in the hallway will not fit into the design, since with them it will be possible to create hundreds of successful compositions.
Hallways with bright details look diverse and stylish, since contemporary is ideal for implementing bold decisions. Saturated shades can be combined with neutral colors, or vice versa – create a contrast with other memorable colors..
It is recommended to brightly “paint” pieces of furniture, doors or accessories. In this case, it is better to choose the closed facades of the wardrobes so that the clothes do not “mix” with the main shades..
The modern style involves the use of artificial materials, but the growing fashion for everything natural has managed to influence color trends..
Natural shades are usually due to the presence of wood or natural stone in the interior. Coniferous, sand, blue combinations that will create a comfortable atmosphere in the hallway will look relevant.
Finishes and materials
When choosing finishing materials, it is always necessary to take into account the special conditions of the space. Firstly, dirt from the street gets here, and secondly, cold air gets in. Therefore, the coating should be able to be cleaned, but not responsive to temperature changes..
The floor in the hallway in a modern style can be tiled with ceramic tiles, laminate or parquet. Materials such as natural stone or wood are expensive goods, but wear out quickly enough.
Basically it is a flat plain floor with a small carpet at the entrance. This option will work for a more minimalistic look. You can diversify your design with tiles with geometric patterns that are extremely popular today. Hexagonal products that resemble honeycombs look stylish.
Smooth walls, painted in a neutral, less often bright color, look modern and restrained. The disadvantage of such a coating is that the base for painting should be perfectly smooth, without irregularities and cracks..
To hide small flaws, you can dwell on wallpaper, while even vinyl varieties are suitable for a non-residential area. Although plastic panels have a wide design variability, they can take up precious centimeters of space..
Single-level stretch ceilings are considered the best solution for a modern hallway. They hide imperfections in the surface, communications, and also allow you to install built-in lamps that provide uniform illumination. The structure can be cleaned, but it can be damaged with slight mechanical stress.
In houses with low walls, it would be more rational to choose a plastered ceiling painted with matte paint.
The complete hallway kit includes the following objects:
– Closet. A place for storing things, in particular outerwear. In modern interiors, you can find built-in or corner wardrobes.
– Shoe rack. Usually these are shelves or closed drawers in which shoes are stored..
– Seat. Depending on the size of the hallway, it can be a sofa, bench, armchair or ottoman..
– Hangers. They are stationary or mounted on the wall. Unlike wardrobes, they provide quick access to outerwear.
– Shelves and dressers. These are additional storage facilities for household items or household items..
– Umbrella stand. The accessory is relatively rare in homes, but it is very convenient for drying and choosing umbrellas..
Modern interiors, with their thirst for functionality, are characterized by the use of furniture that serves several purposes. So, a bench for changing shoes can serve as a box for storing shoes, and sliding wardrobes are made with mirrored doors. Such solutions are relevant not only for small spaces..
Decor and lighting
To make the composition of the hallway in a modern style visually more difficult, sometimes it is enough just to pick up accessories with an interesting look. Mirrors of round or diamond-shaped shapes, hooks with curly details, wicker baskets for umbrellas, bright textiles of carpet or upholstery – these are far from all the elements, over the design of which you can show your imagination..
Wall paintings or photographs will become additional decor. They will showcase your visitors the artistic preferences of the hosts and create a positive image..
Do not forget about plants that are able to “revive” the darkest interior. It is recommended to limit yourself to the above techniques, since an excessive amount of parts only piles up a small space..
The lighting should be uniform, while providing more saturation in the area with the mirror and bench. Built-in spotlights will do a great job with this mission, but if necessary, you can use sconces or floor lamps.
Small hallway in a modern style
Owners of small hallways should not be upset – the modern style itself is able to adapt to the layout features, and the application of the following recommendations will only enhance the positive effect:
1. Choose a light range consisting of neutral shades. This applies not only to decoration, but if necessary, you can enter one bright accent in the form of furniture or other object..
2. The finish should be even and uniform..
3. If it is possible to build furniture into a niche, you need to use it. This solution significantly saves space, providing the hallway with the necessary functionality..
4. Sliding wardrobes are applicable only in rectangular rooms. In other cases, it is better to limit yourself to a compact hanger..
5. Instead of a bench, give preference to an ottoman or box with a soft seat.
6. Mirrors will visually enlarge the hallway, just like glossy coatings.
There are no unsuccessful spaces for interior design, because any area can be corrected with thoughtful design.
Hallway design in modern style – photo
For an additional portion of colorful photos, we recommend that you look at our selection. We have compiled images of real-life contemporary-style hallway designs to showcase the variety of designs. Happy viewing!