Useful tips for using tree aloe
Indoor plants can be not only beautiful, but also useful. In addition to the fact that most flowers purify the air, they are also a “home doctor”, as they can help their owner get rid of various ailments. Aloe is no exception – an unusual succulent that grows in almost any conditions and has medicinal properties..
The most “medicinal” species are considered aloe vera and aloe tree (agave).
Ways to use the plant
All the healing substances of the flower are in the juice. To get it, the leaves are cut off, the juice is squeezed out and filtered through cheesecloth. There are several ways to use aloe juice:
- fresh, diluted with a small amount of water or a few drops of pure juice;
- preserving it by diluting it with alcohol in a 1: 1 ratio or with vodka in a 1: 2 ratio;
- by preparing a cream based on petroleum jelly.
Large leaves growing at the bottom of the trunk have the most medicinal properties in adult plants at least 3 years old..
How to prepare the leaves?
In order to make a medicine from the leaves, they must be properly prepared. For this:
- in large leaves, cut a film from the side with scissors and carefully remove it from the trunk, as if tearing them off (you do not need to cut it off with a knife so as not to damage the plate, otherwise juice will begin to flow out of it);
- wrap them in a piece of cloth, place the bundle in a plastic bag and put in the refrigerator for several days;
- rinse the leaves and chop with a knife;
- squeeze juice from the crushed mass.
It is better to cut aloe with a ceramic knife, since when in contact with metal, many substances are destroyed, for example, vitamin C.
How to make a healing wine tincture?
Fans of traditional medicine often just eat aloe, cutting off a small leaf from a fresh leaf. Others prefer to consume it internally as a tincture. One of the most common tinctures is a juice and wine based product..
It is best to use Cahors, which is very beneficial on its own (when consumed in moderation).
So, to make an aloe-wine tincture, you need to mix:
- 0.5 l Cahors;
- 0.5 l of aloe juice;
- 350 g honey.
This medicine is taken in a teaspoon once a day. It cleans blood vessels well, lowers cholesterol and strengthens the immune system. In addition, it is recommended to take aloe tincture on Cahors after serious illnesses..