Choosing the best plum varieties for your garden
A simple comparison of the tastes of only 7 of its varieties will help to determine the type of plum. At the same time, it is important to know how large the fruits are given by this or that culture. In addition to people, dozens of garden dwellers also enjoy these fruits. Some plants of this genus are susceptible to terrible diseases..
Taste buds are the most unpredictable experts
It is difficult to find two comrades who have the same tastes in everything. Some love sweet, others – sour, and still others – neutral. The rest of humanity likes to combine these three dimensions. At the same time, there are those who appreciate the juiciness of the fruit or the unusual dryness of its pulp. The first option is suitable for making jam or compote, and the second for drying. Children, on the other hand, will want to eat fresh plums. So, a description of 7 wonderful varieties is presented to the attention of the gardener:
- Joyo. Large fruits are covered with a waxy coating and weigh from 50 to 70 g. The shape is oval, and the color is dark purple. The pulp has a dense structure. Attracts with an unusual combination of sweetness and contrasting sourness.
- “El Dorado”. Slightly flattened hemispheres with a glossy surface surprise with a dark cherry hue. They weigh 60-80 g each. The taste is somewhat reminiscent of “Ugorka”, only they are more aromatic and with delicate notes of melon. They are considered early ripening, so the harvest falls in September..
- “Amers”. The bone is easily separated from them. The bright yellow pulp is famous for its sophistication, bordering on the taste of desserts. The fruit is flattened on the sides, and also has a waxy coating.
- Empress. Wasps love to feast on it, so you should have time to harvest before them. Along with the dense texture of the fruit, subtle sour tones are felt. However, to eat this delicacy, you need good teeth, because it is too hard..
- “Yellow Afaska”. The mass of a large fruit is about 76 g. It itself is yellow with a pale light coating. The delicate texture of the plum is in harmony with its sweet aftertaste. Even elastic skin does not break this tandem.
- “Columnar”. When weighing each specimen, the scales show the result in 63-80 g. Behind the burgundy “packaging” is a fibrous, but very juicy pulp, which oozes when bitten. At the same time, an unimaginable play of contrasts is felt: sour and sweet. Yet sourness prevails.
- “Peach”. These are small, 4-5 cm in diameter, fruits that weigh about 40-50 g. Of course, there is not so much juiciness in them as in the rest. Overripe, however, resemble porridge.
To make the fruit taste good, you need to let it lie down for a while. As a result, the sugar content in it will become higher and it will be sweeter..
These simple characteristics will help the gardener and his family find their favorite and unique plum variety. As a result, they will make an excellent advertisement for neighbors and all relatives, and this will replenish the family budget with clinking coins..