Do-it-yourself Swedish wall in an apartment for children and adults (135+ Photos)
For a child’s body to develop normally, physical activity is required. With the help of the wall bars, you can perform the necessary set of exercises every day. As a result, the child develops agility, endurance and strength. About materials, types, nuances of choice in more detail later in the article.
Content of this article:
Description of construction
The Swedish wall is a universal simulator that can be installed as a separate equipment or together with a sports complex. It is useful to use it in winter, when there are few outdoor games left for children on the street.. Installation of the Swedish wall does not require a lot of space, it is enough to prepare a few meters on the floor and wall.
The Swedish wall is a versatile exercise machine
Additionally, you can attach shells to the structure, expanding the possibilities for different activities. During the use of the simulator by young children, adult supervision is required to avoid injury..
The structure includes stairs length from ceiling to floor, in the upper part of which there is a horizontal bar. Sports equipment (bars, rings, rope ladder, rope, punching bag, etc.) can be attached near the wall.. The most economical option is a frame with cross bars..
Doesn’t require a lot of space
This is a good choice for the physical development of children of different ages. The sports complex helps to strengthen muscles, form correct posture, develop endurance and dexterity in children. With regular exercise, the cardiovascular system, immunity and coordination of movements are strengthened and trained. Also, exercises are necessary for the prevention of flat feet..
The presence of a universal simulator in the house will save money on visiting the gym. You can do it at any time, choosing the level of load and improving physical fitness.
The perfect room for a boy
The advantages of the Swedish walls are as follows:
- Variety of functions. Installing additional equipment will help diversify the use of the structure.
- Ergonomic. Walls with different characteristics are available for sale. Therefore, the buyer can choose the best solution..
- Durability. Modern models are durable in use. In their manufacture, firms carefully select high-quality materials, taking into account their reliability..
- Availability. The range includes inexpensive models, as well as prestigious products for professional training.
- Beneficial effect on muscles, immune system, increased tone.
- Possibility of classes for people of any skill level.
Small space option
Sports facilities have several disadvantages. This concerns transportation difficulties. It is difficult to take a bulky structure out of the store by car or lift it up in an elevator. The walls are not easy to install, since the circuit is first studied, suitable components are selected.
AdviceYou should select a sports complex taking into account the overall design and style of the room. Before purchasing such a product, you need to contact a consultant to find out if there are any restrictions.
All of these shortcomings can be easily corrected..
Variety of functions
It will be interesting for you: OVERVIEW: Bookcases with Glass Doors – 170+ (Photo) Model Variants
Manufacturers offer a large selection of wall bars, where there are compact and larger models. The latter are not suitable for compact rooms.. The main material is metal and wood, although in comparison to street views. Home walls have limited functionality.
If there is enough space at home, you can choose any size of stairs. Usually, the height of manufactured products starts from 1 meter, width from 60 cm.The structure must be installed so that children are not injured during exercise.
Modern models are durable in use
The following types of structures are distinguished by shape:
- U-shaped. These are more massive models that are suitable for spacious and large rooms. The structure includes two ladders connected by a handle or crossbars. This massive and durable product can withstand many additional accessories..
- L-shaped wall. It is the most popular model, it includes a high ladder, which ends at the top with a horizontal bar or a handle. Models differ in mounting options.
- I-shaped models are more simple. They consist of a pair of uprights and crossbars, placed at the edge or against the wall. You won’t be able to hang additional shells here.
- T-shaped structures and corners. This is a suitable option for everyone, a bullet is attached from sex before ceiling. The wall includes a ladder and handles placed on the sides.
- In the form of a corner. Such a simulator is ergonomic, takes up minimal space, but its functionality is preserved. The corner model can be bought ready-made or assembled from two pieces.
Option for a large room
In small rooms, it is better to buy I- or L-shaped structures, transformers. It is advisable for the child to buy wooden products
By the type of installation, autonomous walls and sports complexes are distinguished. The first option is free-standing simulators that are placed on the ground or against the wall. The second type is a design combined with a bed. They save space, but when choosing, you need to take into account the functionality and strength of the mounts..
All options for wall bars are made of metal, wood or a combination of both. Each material has its own advantages and disadvantages..
In pirate style
For the production of metal walls, a profile pipe with a thickness of 2 mm or more is used. Compared to wooden counterparts, the crossbeams have a smaller diameter. Therefore, even small children can use the simulator. Reliable, strong and durable structures can be supplemented with sports equipment (barbells, parallel bars). But the bars are slippery, so you need to deal with it carefully..
For the production of wooden walls, pine, maple or beech are used. To eliminate splinters, the manufacturer carefully adjusts and grinds the parts, covers them with a paint and varnish layer. Constructions with an anti-slip effect are obtained, which are less traumatic in comparison with metal counterparts..
There are inexpensive models in the assortment
But wood is short-lived, it can break, crack and gradually dry out. Wooden children’s structures wear out quickly, are designed for less weight.
It will be interesting for you: OVERVIEW: How to make a do-it-yourself wood bench? 205+ (Photo) Various options for your use
Swedish wall for children, selection conditions
When choosing a child simulator, the following factors are taken into account:
- Applicable materials. The warmer and more environmentally friendly raw material is wood, and the more durable and strong is metal..
- Dimensions. It is necessary to select the parameters in accordance with the room so as not to clutter it up.
- The arrangement of fasteners in accordance with the method of fixing them on building structures (ceiling, walls, sex).
- Ability to perform planned exercises, classes.
Beneficial effect on muscles
You also need to pay attention to soft and anti-slip elements that can be placed on crossbars, additional projectiles (bars, rings, etc.). The possibility of installing additional equipment, the quality of processing of wooden parts is taken into account.
The classic version is attached to the wall by drilling, installing expansion dowels, anchors. The type of fastener chosen depends on the material of the building structure. Spacer structures are considered easier to install, which can be quickly reinstalled to another location..
But they have a significant drawback – the impossibility of installation in a room with stretch or suspended ceilings.
The most compact option
On functional models, a combined fastening is used, when the ladder is placed against the wall surface, and additional parts – a rasp from floor to ceiling.
For preschoolers, the wall bars are completed differently from adults. This is due to the fact that children still cannot perform strength exercises, but mainly play. Therefore, the complete set of walls for babies includes the main details:
- Thick rope made of durable artificial or natural material, tied at the bottom with a knot.
- Gymnastic rings made of strong rope placed on the suspension.
- Trapezium, lever.
- Rope ladder, swing.
- Ladder, basketball backboard.
Manufacturers offer a large selection of wall bars
AdviceTo protect the child from injury, you need to buy special mats that protect when falling from a height. There should be an anti-slip coating on the metal bars, and soft padding on the bars and rings. Reliable fasteners provided.
For one child, a wooden structure is suitable, and if the classes are also performed by adults, then a more practical one is metal..
Using a mat for safety
For a teenager
A sports complex for teenagers can include all the details, as in adults. You can buy bars, a rope ladder, a horizontal bar, a basketball hoop, a press rest, a punching bag, bench press.
A wooden structure is suitable for one child
The bars are made stationary, and in some modifications they are mounted. This is a pair of parallel bars designed for hanging, pulling up, exercises to strengthen the muscles of the arms and abdomen. Sports equipment can be mounted on adult and child walls. For greater comfort, the bars can be equipped with soft armrests, handles and backrests.
Wall with horizontal bar
The horizontal bar can be installed rigidly in the upper area of the wall. Its fixation is carried out in predetermined places. DReinstallation of such a design will take a locksmith tool and time..
For the little climber
There are also models with a removable horizontal bar when it is mounted in a hinged way. This option is convenient, since you can easily change the height of the horizontal bar mounting.
Installation with pear
A punching bag is a sports equipment for training muscles in the arms and back, reaction, practicing blows. Pear frees a person from negative emotions. It is done in a mounted version, it is rational to buy it if a teenager is engaged in martial arts, boxing. Boxing gloves included.
The equipment is individual in each model. Therefore, the buyer can choose the desired option for a certain period of development of a child or adolescent..
Option for a student
Additional equipment options when creating a functional simulator
In addition to the listed mounted shells, the Swedish walls can be equipped with other elements:
- A ladder that is attached at an angle to the main structure. Allows you to diversify activities.
- Press rest. The structure includes a backrest with armrests and soft upholstery. Attached to the wall with armrests.
- Gymnastic rings with rope suspension. They allow you to perform various exercises, training the muscles of the abdomen, arms, back.
- Gladiator net, rope ladder. They are necessary for the development of agility and coordination, climbing, various games.
- Hinged horizontal bar in the form of a crossbar for pulling up. It can be moved to the selected height.
- Rukokhod. This is a ladder that is placed in the upper area of the structure parallel to the floor. You can move on it with your hands. Basically, U- and L-shaped walls are equipped with such a projectile..
- Bench press. In the form of a folding board, mounted holders for the rod. The projectile is used for strength exercises.
- Pylon. This is a metal pipe installed between the ceiling and the floor. Equipment for gymnastic studies with the development of coordination of movements, training of muscles of the arms and legs is intended.
- Swing. Promotes the development of the vestibular apparatus and leg muscles.
- Basketball backboard with a ring. Provides the development of accuracy.
Teach children to play sports from childhood
The more attachments on the wall bars, the better.
It will be interesting for you: OVERVIEW: How to make DIY shelves in a room interior? (230+ Photos) A selection of Beautiful and modern ideas
Wall mounting methods
There are several options for securely fixing the wall bars to the wall, ceiling or floor..
For wall models, fastening is carried out to the wall surface in 4-6 places with U-shaped brackets. In this case, the lower soles of the racks rest against the floor.
Such installation is read more laborious, requires drilling holes. The structure can be installed near concrete, wood or brick surfaces. Fastening to drywall is prohibited. To arrange such a system does not require a lot of space..
Suitable for children and adults
Spacers are placed on the spacers to the ceiling and floor. This is a simple installation option that does not require the use of a drill. But the staircase is not suitable for suspended or suspended ceilings.
Mixed versions provide both mounting options. This is the most reliable type and is not used by all systems..
AdviceThe choice of fixing the Swedish wall should be taking into account the peculiarities of the interior, the material of the walls, the height of the ceiling and other aspects that may interfere with the reliable installation of the structure. In the future, this may negatively affect the safe use of the simulator..
For the little ones
Compliance with the rules of safe operation
In order for a child to benefit from sports activities, certain safety rules must be observed. They will help to avoid injuries, breakdowns of the sports complex..
These rules include:
- Compliance with the weight regime. That is, at a sports complex designed for a load of up to 50 kg, people with a weight of 80 kg cannot be engaged.
- Small children cannot be engaged on their own, without parental supervision.
- Install special restraints so that the baby cannot climb onto high crossbars.
- Strengthen the horizontal bar firmly.
- Purchase travel mats that will reduce the risk of injury.
- Use the sports complex for its intended purpose.
- Do not allow children to attend classes during exacerbation of diseases.
- Choose exercise complexes according to the age category of a person, depending on his condition, degree of physical fitness.
- Regularly inspect the home complex for condition.
- Wipe the bars and handles so that they are not sticky and slippery, wipe with a damp and dry cloth.
It will be interesting for you: OVERVIEW: How to Choose Contemporary Furniture and Renew Your Interior? 230+ Photo solutions to embody style
Nuances of design choices
The choice of a home sports complex is carried out taking into account the child’s age, place of installation, equipment and manufacturer. If you have picked up a certain model, then make sure of its appropriate quality.
In this case, the seller must issue a certificate with a positive sanitary and epidemiological assessment for materials of manufacture. Also in the document, the manufacturer must confirm the safety, strength and reliability of the complex..
Easy to install by hand
The safety of the simulator is considered one of the main factors. When choosing a wall for children, it is better to prefer models made of natural wood. The surface should not be slippery, which will reduce the risk of slipping off the steps.
The approximate weight for which the sports complex is calculated is also taken into account.. If the simulator is bought taking into account the growing up of the baby, then it must withstand the mass of the athlete and additional shells that will be purchased taking into account his age.
The type of fastening is selected based on the design of the room, the location of the wall. This will allow you to use all the functional capabilities of the structure, safe and convenient operation of mounted shells..
Around the complex, you should provide an optimal space for swinging the swing, for convenient exercise. For a compact space, you can choose a small model with a width of 60 cm and a height of up to 1 meter.
VIDEO: How to choose a Swedish wall?
When buying a wall bars for an apartment with an average ceiling height of 2.5 m, you need to focus on the maximum indicator of the sports complex of 2.2-2.3 cm. This is necessary for pull-ups on the horizontal bar. The number of crossbars should not be less than 10 pieces.