Coffee table: What to look for when choosing? 225+ (Photo) Options made of wood, glass, on wheels
A person tries to surround himself with quality things that simplify life. There is a coffee table in almost every apartment. It comes in a variety of shapes, sizes or colors, making it easy to find a model that fits seamlessly into any room style. More details later in the article.
Content of this article:
Each furniture has its own strengths and weaknesses. They help to distinguish it from similar models..
Interior with a coffee table made of wood
The advantages of coffee tables include:
- high-quality and environmentally friendly materials that were used in the manufacture of furniture. They guarantee safety for all family members, small children, pets;
- different shapes, colors, sizes. This is achieved through the introduction of modern equipment and new technologies;
- materials that are combined with each other. This helps in creating unique models;
- accessories, as well as different decor. They breathe personality into each model;
- low cost of furniture;
- simplicity and conciseness of forms;
- performing several functions at the same time;
- compact size.
When there is no place, and the table is so needed
Coffee tables go well with all types of furniture and interior items. They can be placed in small or large rooms. The main thing is that they fit the interior of the room..
It will be interesting for you: OVERVIEW: How to choose a desk with drawers and a shelf: (190+ Photos) Practically organizing the space
The size and shape of the furniture depends on the functional features. countertops, as well as its appearance. Today coffee tables can be divided into several main groups..
Creatively for your design
- Models that can be folded and unfolded. The size is easily adjustable depending on the number of people seated at the table.
- Furniture equipped with casters. They are needed for the convenience of moving the table around the room or apartment..
- Table transformer. A good solution for a small apartment, where every centimeter is worth its weight in gold.
You can put such a table in the living room.
When choosing furniture, you need to pay attention to the material from which the tabletop is made, as well as other elements. It can be wood, glass, plastic or metal. Each of these materials suits different room styles..
AdviceBefore dwelling on a specific model, you need to take into account as many parameters as possible..
Pay attention to the material
It will be interesting for you: OVERVIEW: Loft-style table (115+ Photos): Which type of design is better? (writing / magazine / bar / dining / transformer)
To make the table fit well with the environment, you need to be able to select its size. The appearance of the room, as well as the functional load of the furniture, will directly depend on this. The dimensions of the table will help you place it correctly in the room.. Based on this, furniture is divided into 3 main groups:
- Small tables. The height of the models is in the range of 10-25 cm, and the width of the table top is from 21 to 30 cm.
- Average coffee table size. This type of furniture is very popular, which leads to a high demand for it..
Medium tables are the most popular
The dimensions of the models are:
- height – 26-45 cm;
- tabletop width – 30-60 cm.
The size of the furniture is universal, which helps to fit well into a room of any size and style.
- Large models. The height of the table is from 40 to 60 cm, and the width of the table top can reach 61-85 cm.In some instances, it can reach 1 meter.
An example of a large model in the interior
It will be interesting for you: OVERVIEW: DIY Breakfast Table in Bed: Practical Comfort Models
Today there are many styles for decorating an apartment. Designers are moving away from the classic round, square or rectangular countertops. They are being replaced by other models. Their main advantage is that they are suitable for any interior..
Unusual art object
- models with closed countertops, which resemble an ordinary barrel;
- basket-shaped table for storing small items;
- furniture with an oval or rounded table top;
- structures that resemble African drums or other unusual objects that can be used as a stand;
- models with a bowl or deep dish, on which a glass top is mounted on top;
- tables with a triangular or trapezoidal surface.
Designer table, not to everyone’s taste
A coffee table can be bought ready-made or ordered in any shape that will match the specific style of the room.
Manufacturers can make their furniture from different materials. One type or a combination of several options can be used for one model..
Often several materials are used in the manufacture.
The final cost of the furniture will depend on the material. The most popular are:
- Plastic. This material is best suited for the manufacture of table fittings. For example, pens or castors. There are models in which manufacturers make a plastic tabletop or the entire body. But it is best to use plastic to decorate the edge of the countertop. This helps to make the design as safe as possible for all family members..
- Wood. It is an environmentally friendly material, but when used, the coffee table immediately rises in price. Wooden models are much less common.
- Fiberboard and particle board. They are cheaper materials used for the furniture frame. The table is of good quality at a relatively low price.
- Glass. It is very often used for the manufacture of countertops. The material gives the furniture lightness, airiness, and sophistication.
- Metal. Different types can be used in the design of the coffee table. Usually, furniture legs or individual elements of fittings are made from this material, but in rare cases the table can all be made of metal..
The coffee table is the main attraction in the room
Models that combine two or more materials look good. The main thing is to choose them correctly. Modern style allows the use of different materials in the manufacture of coffee tables.
It will be interesting for you: OVERVIEW: Kitchen Table Designs – 165+ (Photo) Options for Your Choice
Furniture in different styles
The coffee table has become an important part of the interior. It is very important to choose a model so that it fits the situation and can complement it. To do this, you need to take into account the style of the room. There are several main directions that are used to decorate the space..
Everything for a cozy and warm atmosphere
Furniture should have clear lines, regular geometric shapes, and neutral colors. The decor is completely absent. The table is made of:
The main thing is that the model is simple and easy to use..
Urban style loves steel or contrasting black and white shades, as well as bright blotches of the same color. It consists of the following materials:
Reflection of high technology in high-tech style
A high-tech coffee table should look futuristic.
It will be interesting for you: OVERVIEW: Glass tables – interior reliability and exclusivity. 285+ (Photo) Design Taste Options
The style shows the luxury and respectability of the space for which it is chosen. Furniture should be austere but elegant at the same time. For classic interiors, coffee tables with distinctive features such as:
- expensive varieties of wood, distinguished by nobility;
- carved legs with fancifully shaped patterns;
- metal elements;
- gilded decor.
An undeniable classic for a rich interior
It is dominated by:
- stained glass surfaces;
- smooth or sinuous shapes;
- mosaic for surface decoration;
- pacified shades.
Modern is a familiar choice
To create unique furniture models, modern technologies are used in combination with elements of ordinary peasant life.. That is, for the manufacture of the table are used:
- natural materials;
- natural colors;
- freshness and airiness of each element;
- simplicity of forms;
- echoing with nature.
Living room in English country style
Furniture made in this style has the following features:
- natural materials;
- the primitive character of the decor;
- the latest technologies when creating a table;
- natural shades.
A rustic coffee table can look like a real tree stump, cobblestone or sea stone.
Each of this style has its own characteristics. The main thing is to choose a table that is suitable in shape and size for a particular room.
It will be interesting for you: OVERVIEW: Dressing table with mirror and lighting: 140+ (Photo) Options for your bedroom
Nuances when choosing
It is very difficult to choose furniture that will immediately fit the interior of the room..
Take care of the casters if you plan on moving
To simplify the selection process, you need to follow a few simple rules:
- Determine the size and shape of the table. The parameters depend on the area and style of the room. For example, for a small space, it is best to choose a small table with a round top..
- Establish the main functions that the table should perform. If there are many tasks for furniture, then you need to choose durable and reliable models. They will serve for a long time without failure..
- Select the material for the frame and table top. It depends on the style of the room. Today, all materials for the manufacture of furniture are safe and durable..
- Consider the need for casters. If you plan to move the table around the room or apartment, then it is best to purchase models equipped with casters. This will make it easier to transport and keep the flooring from scratches and damage..
- Determine the color of the furniture. The table should be in harmony with all the shades that are present in the room..
The table should be in harmony with the furniture in the room.
Coffee tables can be supplemented with shelves, drawers or other similar elements. This will help keep small items organized and keep essential items close at hand..
If you follow these simple rules, then the table will become well in the interior. It will be able to delight with its functionality and beauty for a long time..
We put it so that it is convenient to use
It will be interesting for you: OVERVIEW: Variety of dining tables for the kitchen (225+ Photos): How to choose the best model?
Where is it better to arrange?
It is very important to correctly position the table in the apartment. It is usually installed in living room room. The whole family or friends often gather here in order to spend an evening in a cheerful company..
One of the very first functions of a coffee table is to store and keep all printed matter, such as newspapers or magazines, in order. Over time, his tasks began to expand. Therefore, the furniture does not have a clear place in the room..
The best place for coffee tables is in the living room
To arrange the table conveniently, it is best to adhere to the following recommendations:
- do not place the table near windows, close to sofa or other furniture to which you need unhindered constant access;
- it is best to place the table near an armchair or side of the sofa. This will allow you to keep various useful small items at hand;
- for models that were purchased as a decoration of the room, you can use a place near one of the walls. You can put a decorative vase on the countertop with flowers or fruit, as well as photo frames or figurines.
Better not to put it close to the sofa
In a large room, you can set a table in the center of the room.
It will be interesting for you: OVERVIEW: Folding kitchen table (small, oval, glass): How to choose? Where to put? How to decorate?
VIDEO: Options for beautiful coffee tables
When choosing a coffee table, it is important to take into account the area of the apartment and the main functions with which it will have to cope. Small models will get lost in large spaces and, conversely, a large table in a small room will only get in the way..